- Valsalva and gravitational variability of the internal jugular vein and common femoral vein: ultrasound assessmentP Beddy
Department of Radiology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Eur J Radiol 58:307-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the optimum conditions for cannulation of the femoral vein and to compare these with the relative changes in the internal jugular vein...
- Non-seminomatous testicular metastasis mimicking acute appendicitisP Beddy
Department of Surgery and Histopathology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Surgeon 4:175-7. 2006..The report highlights the necessity of testicular re-imaging in cases of occult malignancy and reviews the association of chromosome 12 with embryonal germ cell tumours...
- Evaluation of depth of myometrial invasion and overall staging in endometrial cancer: comparison of diffusion-weighted and dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imagingPeter Beddy
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Cambridge and Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
Radiology 262:530-7. 2012....
- FIGO staging system for endometrial cancer: added benefits of MR imagingPeter Beddy
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Cambridge and Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, England
Radiographics 32:241-54. 2012..Diffusion-weighted MR imaging and dynamic contrast medium-enhanced MR imaging are useful adjuncts to standard morphologic imaging and may improve overall staging accuracy...
- MRI assessment of changes in liver iron deposition post-venesectionP Beddy
Department of Radiology, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Eur J Radiol 80:204-7. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine if changes in hepatic iron content in patients with hemochromatosis pre- and post-venesection could be detected by changes in liver signal intensity with MRI...
- Defining useful surrogates for user participation in online medical learningPeter Beddy
Department of Surgery, Adelaide and Meath Hospital AMNCH incorporating the National Children s Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:567-74. 2009..Students can be encouraged to move from passive observation to active participation in a virtual learning environment by providing structured comparative feedback ranking their performance...
- Role of MRI in intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical cancer: what the radiologist needs to knowPeter Beddy
Department of Radiology, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:W341-7. 2011..The purpose of this article is to review what a radiologist needs to know about imaging brachytherapy probes including the MR technique, correct positioning of the probes, and associated complications...
- T1-weighted fat-suppressed imaging of the pelvis with a dual-echo Dixon technique: initial clinical experiencePeter Beddy
Department of Radiology, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, England CB2 0QQ
Radiology 258:583-9. 2011..5-T magnetic resonance (MR) system...
- Magnetic resonance imaging for the evaluation of acute abdominal pain in pregnancyPeter Beddy
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 31:433-41. 2010..This review will detail the MRI technique required to image the pregnant abdomen and describe the MRI features of common causes of acute abdominal pain in pregnancy...
- Leptin and adiponectin receptor expression in oesophageal cancerJ M Howard
Departments of Surgery, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Surg 101:643-52. 2014..This study examined leptin receptor (ObR) and adiponectin receptor (AdipoR1 and AdipoR2) expression in oesophageal cancer, and its relationship with patient obesity status, clinicopathological data and patient survival...
- Association of visceral adiposity with oesophageal and junctional adenocarcinomasP Beddy
Department of Radiology, St James Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Surg 97:1028-34. 2010..This study compared abdominal fat composition in patients with oesophageal/junctional adenocarcinoma with that in patients with oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma and gastric adenocarcinoma, and in controls...
- Associations between leptin and adiponectin receptor upregulation, visceral obesity and tumour stage in oesophageal and junctional adenocarcinomaJ M Howard
Department of Surgery, Trinity College Dublin and St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Surg 97:1020-7. 2010..Altered circulating adipocytokines may be important. This study aimed to identify pathways through which visceral fat impacts on tumour biology...
- Magnetic resonance elastography: feasibility of liver stiffness measurements in healthy volunteers at 3TL Mannelli
Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital and University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Clin Radiol 67:258-62. 2012..To demonstrate the feasibility of obtaining liver stiffness measurements with magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) at 3T in normal healthy volunteers using the same technique that has been successfully applied at 1.5 T...
- Survey of medical students and junior house doctors on the effects of medical radiation: is medical education deficient?M W McCusker
Department of Radiology, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 178:479-83. 2009..We investigated the knowledge of ionising radiation among medical students and junior doctors in Ireland and assessed whether this knowledge improved with clinical experience...
- Testicular varicocelesP Beddy
Department of Radiology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Radiol 60:1248-55. 2005..This article describes the present day radiological criteria and imaging techniques to aid accurate diagnosis of varicoceles. In addition, the role of the interventional radiologist in treating this condition is discussed...