Affiliation: University of Tehran
- Shayan P, Jafari S, Fattahi R, Ebrahimzade E, Amininia N, Changizi E. Identification and characterization of Theileria ovis surface protein (ToSp) resembled TaSp in Theileria annulata. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:1893-9 pubmed publisher....
- Buhrmann C, Shayan P, Popper B, Goel A, Shakibaei M. Sirt1 Is Required for Resveratrol-Mediated Chemopreventive Effects in Colorectal Cancer Cells. Nutrients. 2016;8:145 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that resveratrol can suppress tumorigenesis, at least in part by targeting Sirt1 and suppression of NF-ÎºB activation. ..
- Shakibaei M, Kraehe P, Popper B, Shayan P, Goel A, Buhrmann C. Curcumin potentiates antitumor activity of 5-fluorouracil in a 3D alginate tumor microenvironment of colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:250 pubmed publisher....
- Buhrmann C, Shayan P, Aggarwal B, Shakibaei M. Evidence that TNF-? (lymphotoxin ?) can activate the inflammatory environment in human chondrocytes. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R202 pubmed..These results suggest for the first time that TNF-? is involved in microenvironment inflammation in chondrocytes during RA parallel to TNF-?, resulting in the up-regulation of NF-?B signaling and activation of pro-inflammatory activity. ..
- Shayan P, Eslami A, Borji H. Innovative restriction site created PCR-RFLP for detection of benzimidazole resistance in Teladorsagia circumcincta. Parasitol Res. 2007;100:1063-8 pubmed..Five out of 40 worms collected from the albendazole-treated sheep were BZ(RR) homozygotes, whereas the rest (35) were BZ(RS) heterozygotes. No BZ(SS) homozygote form was detected within this group...
- Shayan P, Hooshmand E, Rahbari S, Nabian S. Determination of Rhipicephalus spp. as vectors for Babesia ovis in Iran. Parasitol Res. 2007;101:1029-33 pubmed..B. ovis was detected in salivary gland of 18.5% R. bursa, 9.1% R .turanicus, and 8.1% R. sanguineus, respectively. ..
- Buhrmann C, Shayan P, Goel A, Shakibaei M. Resveratrol Regulates Colorectal Cancer Cell Invasion by Modulation of Focal Adhesion Molecules. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our data illustrated that the anti-invasion effect of resveratrol by inhibition of FAK activity has a potential beneficial role in disease prevention and therapeutic management of CRC. ..