Affiliation: University of Tehran
- Ofogh S, Rezayof A, Sardari M, Ghasemzadeh Z. Basolateral amygdala CB1 cannabinoid receptors are involved in cross state-dependent memory retrieval between morphine and ethanol. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2016;148:92-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, the BLA endocannabinoid system mediates via CB1 receptors the functional interaction of morphine and ethanol state-dependent memory retrieval which may depend on the rewarding effects of the drugs. ..
- Ghasemzadeh Z, Rezayof A. Neuromodulatory effects of the dorsal hippocampal endocannabinoid system in dextromethorphan/morphine-induced amnesia. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;794:100-105 pubmed publisher..Thus, it can be concluded that the dorsal hippocampal endocannabinoid system, via CB1 receptor-dependent mechanism, may be involved in morphine/dextromethorphan -induced amnesia. ..
- Nazarinia E, Rezayof A, Sardari M, Yazdanbakhsh N. Contribution of the basolateral amygdala NMDA and muscarinic receptors in rat's memory retrieval. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2017;139:28-36 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that a cooperative interaction between the BLA NMDA and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors modulates memory formation of inhibitory avoidance task in rats. ..
- Ghasemzadeh Z, Rezayof A. Role of hippocampal and prefrontal cortical signaling pathways in dextromethorphan effect on morphine-induced memory impairment in rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2016;128:23-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a cross SDL can be induced between the co-administration of DM and morphine. Interestingly, CAMKII-CREB signaling pathways also mediate the drugs-induced SDL. ..
- Rezayof A, Nazari Serenjeh F, Zarrindast M, Sepehri H, Delphi L. Morphine-induced place preference: involvement of cholinergic receptors of the ventral tegmental area. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;562:92-102 pubmed..We conclude that muscarinic and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the ventral tegmental area may critically mediate the rewarding effects of morphine. ..
- Tajik A, Rezayof A, Ghasemzadeh Z, Sardari M. Activation of the dorsal hippocampal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors improves tamoxifen-induced memory retrieval impairment in adult female rats. Neuroscience. 2016;327:1-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it can be concluded that the impairing effect of TAM on memory formation may be modulated by nAChRs of the CA1 regions. It seems that memory impairment may be considered as an important side effect of TAM. ..
- Mohammadmirzaei N, Rezayof A, Ghasemzadeh Z. Activation of cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the ventral hippocampus improved stress-induced amnesia in rat. Brain Res. 2016;1646:219-226 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it can be concluded that exposure to post-training inescapable stress impaired memory consolidation. The impairing effects of stress on memory retrieval may be mediated by the VH cannabinoid CB1 receptors. ..
- Rostami M, Rezayof A, Alijanpour S, Sharifi K. Hippocampal nicotinic receptors have a modulatory role for ethanol and MDMA interaction in memory retrieval. Brain Res. 2017;1669:11-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, it can be concluded that there may be functional interactions among ethanol, MDMA and nicotine via the dorsal hippocampal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor mechanism in memory retrieval and drug state-dependent learning. ..
- Tirgar F, Rezayof A, Alijanpour S, Yazdanbakhsh N. Interactive effects of morphine and nicotine on memory function depend on the central amygdala cannabinoid CB1 receptor function in rats. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Confirmed by the cubic interpolation planes, the dose-response data revealed a cross-state-dependent learning between morphine and nicotine which may be mediated by the CeA endocannabinoid system via CB1 receptors...