Ali Reza Khosravi
Affiliation: University of Tehran
- Khosravi A, Shokri H, Vahedi G. Factors in Etiology and Predisposition of Adult Tinea Capitis and Review of Published Literature. Mycopathologia. 2016;181:371-8 pubmed publisher..T. violaceum was the most common dermatophyte of adult patients. Thus, it is important to consider tinea capitis as a differential diagnosis in immunocompromised adults, even though it is considered to be rare in adults. ..
- Sharifzadeh A, Khosravi A, Ahmadian S. Chemical composition and antifungal activity of Satureja hortensis L. essentiall oil against planktonic and biofilm growth of Candida albicans isolates from buccal lesions of HIV(+) individuals. Microb Pathog. 2016;96:1-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the substantial anti-fungal activity showed by S. hortensis L. EO suggests exploitation of this oil as potential natural anti-biofilm product to deal with the problem of buccal cavity lesion associated with C. albicans. ..
- Divband K, Shokri H, Khosravi A. Down-regulatory effect of Thymus vulgaris L. on growth and Tri4 gene expression in Fusarium oxysporum strains. Microb Pathog. 2017;104:1-5 pubmed publisher..vulgaris essential oil. The results suggest that T. vulgaris oil can be considered potential alternative natural fungicide to the synthetic chemicals that are currently used to prevent and control seed-borne diseases. ..
- Khosravi A, Sharifzadeh A, Nikaein D, Almaie Z, Gandomi Nasrabadi H. Chemical composition, antioxidant activity and antifungal effects of five Iranian essential oils against Candida strains isolated from urine samples. J Mycol Med. 2018;28:355-360 pubmed publisher..In general, natural compounds are suitable to be used as anti-Candida and antioxidant agents. However in this stage, these compounds could be applied as supplementary agents along with conventional antifungal drugs. ..
- Khosravi A, Mansouri P, Saffarian Z, Vahedi G, Nikaein D. Chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, a case study and literature review. J Mycol Med. 2018;28:206-210 pubmed publisher..Serum iron was low. TSH hormone level was high and T4 level was low. Giardia cysts were found in stool sample. Mucocutaneous and nail manifestations of the disease were disappeared after a period of Itraconazole therapy. ..