Affiliation: Sports Mediciene Research Center, Tehran University of Medicial Sciences
Location: Tehran, Iran
Pediatric Rheumatologist, Childrens Medical Center, Pediatrics Center of Excellence
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Chairman, Sports Medicine Research Center (www.smrc.ir)
Editor in Chief of Asian J Sports Medicine
Associate Editor of Iranian Journal of Pediatrics
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
1. Ziaee V, Yunesian M, Ahmadinejad Z, Halabchi F, Kordi R, Alizadeh R, Afsharjo HR. Acute mountain sickness in Iranian trekkers around Mount Damavand (5671m) in Iran. Wilderness & Environmental medicine .2003; 14(4): 214-9.
2. Ziaee V, Ahmadinejad Z, Morravedgi A. An evaluation on students satisfaction of clinical education and its related factor. Medical Education Online. 2004; 9:8. Available at: http://www. Med-ed-online.org
3. Ahmadinejad Z, Ziaee V, Reiskarami SR, Aghsaeifar M. Tuberculous meningitis: Role of hydrocephalus in prognosis. Medical Journal of the Iranian Red Crescent. 2004; 7(1): 62-5.
4. Ahmadinejad Z, Ziaee V, Aghsaeifar M, Reiskarami SR. The Prognostic Factors of Tuberculous Meningitis. The internet Journal of Infectious Disease. 2003; 3(1). Available at: http://www.ispub.com
5. Tajic P, Ziaee V, Tavoosi A, Rostambeigy, Rahbari H. A Survey of Iranian Final-Year Medical Students: Vaccine Coverage.(Letter to Editor) The Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2005;26(5):429-30.
6. Ziaee V, Kordi R, Halabchi F Ghebleh zadeh M, Keshtidar. Can we promote physical fitness among medical students by educational program? Journal of Medical Science. 2004; 4(4): 300-306.
7. Ziaee V, Akbari H.E. Hoshmand A, Saam K. Abuse of dextromethorphan: review and a case report. International Journal of Pharmacology. 2005;1(3): 293-5.
8. Ziaee V، Akbari HE، Hoshmand A، Saman K. Side effects of Dextromethorphan abuse، a case series. Addictive Behaviors. 2005; 30(8):1607-13.
9. Ziaee V, Rezaei M, Ahmadinejad Z, Sheikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohamadi L, Bozorgi F, Behjati MJ. The changes of metabolic profile and weight during Ramadan fasting. Singapore Medical Journal. 2006;47(5):409-14.
10. Ziaee V، Ahmadinejad Z, Rezaei M, ، Sheikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohamadi L, Bozorgi F, Behjati MJ. The Effect of Ramadan Fasting on Thyroid Hormone Profile. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 2006;9(10):1999-2002.
11. Ziaee V, Tabatabaei L, Banyaghob Z, Akbari HE, Rostami R. Adverse Effect of Abuse Potential by Ritalin Among Iranian Medical Students. Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2007;2(1):85-89.
12. Kelishadi R, Razaghi EM, Gouya MM, Ardalan G, Gheiratmand R, Delavari A, Motaghian M, Ziaee V, Siadat ZD, Majdzadeh R, Heshmat R, Barekati H, Arabi MS, Heidarzadeh A, Shariatinejad K. Association of Physical Activity and the Metabolic Syndrome in Children and Adolescents: CASPIAN Study. Hormone Research. 2007; 67(1):46-52.
13. Ziaee V, Yousefi A, Movahedi M, Mehrkhani F, Noorian R. The prevalence of reversible airway obstruction in children soccer players. Iranian Journal of Immunology, Asthma and Allergy. 2007;6(1)33-36.
14. Halabchi F, Ziaee V, Lotfian S. Injury Profile in Women Shotokan Karate Champioship in Iran. Journal of Sports Sciences & Medicine. 2007;6(CSSI-2):52-7.
15. Sedaghati P, Ziaee V, Arjmand A. The effect of an ergo metric training program on pregnants weight gain and low back pain. Gazzetta Medica Italiana Archivio per le Scienze Mediche. 2007;166(6):209-13.
16. Ziaee V، Alizadeh R، Movafegh A. Pulmonary function parameters changes in different altitudes in healthy athletes. Iranian Journal of Immunology, Asthma and Allergy. 2008;7(2):79-84.
17. Mohammad Yaser Shirani, Mohammad reza kordi, Vahid Ziaee, Ali-Asghar Ravasi, Mohammad Ali Mansournia. The Effect of Aquatic and Land Plyometric Training on Physical Performance and Muscular Enzymes in Male Wrestlers. Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 2008;3(5):457-461.
18. Mohammad Hassan Moradinejad, Vahid Ziaee. Joint Hypermobility in children referred to rheumatology clinics. Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 2008;3(6):572-575.
19. Khademi A, Tabatabaeefar L, Akbari EH, Alleyassin A, Ziaee V, Asghari AR. Comparison of prevalence of premenstrual syndrome in swimmer and non-swimmer students: a historical cohort study. Acta Medica Iranica, 2008;46(4): 307-13.
20. Bavarian B; Mehrkhani F; Ziaee V; Yousefi A; Noorian R; Movahedi M. Sensitivity and specificity of self-reported symptoms for exercise-induced bronchospasm diagnosis in children. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2009;19(1):47-51.
21. Akbari H; Abdoli B; Shafizadeh M; Khalaji H; Hajihosseini S; Ziaee V. The Effect of Traditional Games in Fundamental Motor Skill Development in 7-9 Year-Old Boys. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2009;19(2):123-9.
22. Moradinejad MH, Ziaee V, Kiani A, Karimi P. Report on Takayasu Arteritis in Three Iranian Children. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2009;19(3):307-312.
23. Pournemati P, Azarbayjani MA, Rezaee MB, Ziaee V, Pournemati P. The effect of inhaling peppermint odor and ethanol in women athletes. Bratisl Lek Listy 2009; 110 (12)782-787.
24. Alizadeh R, Ziaee V, Aghsaei-Fard Z, Hojat M. Ski Sickness in Adolescents Skiers. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2009;19(4):409-412.
25. Ziaee V, Rahmani SH, Rostami M. Injury Rates in Iranian Taekwondo Athletes; a Prospective Study. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine. 2010;1(1) : 23-28.
26. Shams S, Asheri H, Kianmehr A, Ziaee V, Koochakzadeh L, Monajemzadeh M, Nouri M, Irani H, Gholami N. The prevalence of iron deficiency anaemia in female medical students in Tehran. Singapore Med J. 2010;51(2):116-9.
27. Ziaee V, Kihanidoost Z, Younesian M, Akhavirad M, Bateni F, Kazemianfar Z, Hantoushzadeh S. The Effect of Ramadan Fasting on Outcome of Pregnancy. 2010;20(2):181-186.
28. Ziaee V, Rahmani SH, Rostami M. Addendum to Injury Rates in Iranian Taekwondo Athletes; a Prospective Study. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine. 2010;1(2):117-121.
29. Mansournia MA, Vasheghani A, Asheri H, Fotouhi A, Yunesian M, Jamali M, Ziaee V. The effects of a 10-week water aerobic exercise on the resting blood pressure in patients with essential hypertension. Asian J Sports Med. 2010;1(3)-132-140.
30. Kelishadi R, Ziaee V, Ardalan G, Namazi A, Noormohammadpour P, Ghayour-Mobarhan M, Sadraei H, Mirmoghtadaee P, Poursafa P. A National Experience on Physical Activity Initiatives for Adolescent Girls and Their Mothers: CASPIAN Study. 2010; 20(4):420-426.
31. Shams S, Ziaee V. Authors reply: Concern for medical student health: concern for our next generation. Singapore Med J. 2010;51(11):903.
32. Kordi R, Ziaee V, Rostami M, Wallace W. Indirect Catastrophic Injuries in Olympic Styles of Wrestling in Iran. Sport Health. 2011;1(3):29-33.
33. Kordi R, Hemmati F, Heidarian H, Ziaee V. Comparison of the incidence, nature and cause of injuries sustained on dirt field and artificial turf field by amateur football players. Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Rehabilitation, Therapy & Technology. 2011;3:3.
34. Kordi R, Ziaee V, Rostami M, Wallace AW. Patterns of weight loss and supplement consumption of wrestlers in Tehran. Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Rehabilitation, Therapy & Technology. 2011;3:4.
35. Moradinejad MH; Entezari P, Mahjoub F, Ziaee V . Acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy; a report on 3 Iranian Infants and review literature. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2011;21(1):107-112.
36. Moradinejad MH, Ziaee V. The Incidence of macrophage activation syndrome in children with rheumatic disorders: a case series. Minerva Pediatrica. 2011;63(6):459-66.
37. Lotfian S, Ziaee V, Amini H, Mansourni MA. An analysis of Anger in in Adolescent Girls who practice the Martial Arts. International Journal of Pediatrics. 2011; 2011 (2011), Article ID 630604, doi:10.1155/2011/630604
38. Moradinejad MH, Rezaei A, Ziaee V. Juvenile Churg-Strauss Syndrome as an Etiology of Myocarditis and Ischemic Stroke in Adolescents; a Case Report. Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2011;21(4):530-534.
39. Gharib B, Ziaee V, Moradinejad MH, Esmaeili S. Pleuritic Chronic Chest Pain; Where Should We Search for? Iranian Journal of Pediatrics. 2011;21(4):557-560.
40. Memari AH, Kordi R, Ziaee R, Mirfazeli F, Setoodeh MS. Weight status in Iranian children with autism spectrum disorder: investigation of underweight, overweight and obesity. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. 2012;6(1):234-239.
41. Memari AH, Ziaee V, Beygi S, Moshayedi P, Mirfazeli FS. Overuse of psychotropic medications among children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: Perspective from a developing country. Res Develop Disabilities. 2012;33(2):563-569
- Ziaee V, Akbari Hamed E, Hoshmand A, Amini H, Kebriaeizadeh A, Saman K. Side effects of dextromethorphan abuse, a case series. Addict Behav. 2005;30:1607-13 pubmed..49 and during first week was 5.57. The causes of repeated DXM abuse were psychological dependency 46.5%, recreational abuse in 32.6%. Neurological and psychological symptoms were the most common of side effects in DXM abusers. ..
- Kelishadi R, Razaghi E, Gouya M, Ardalan G, Gheiratmand R, Delavari A, et al. Association of physical activity and the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents: CASPIAN Study. Horm Res. 2007;67:46-52 pubmed..1, 2.1; and in girls, OR: 1.6 (1.1, 1.9)]. We found an association between physical activity and the metabolic syndrome, which was independent of body mass index and age. Children should be encouraged to have greater physical activity. ..
- Azarbayjani M, Rezaee M, Ziaee V, Pournemati P. The effect of inhaling peppermint odor and ethanol in women athletes. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2009;110:782-7 pubmed..Referring to our results of the present study; we suggest that inhaling peppermint odor during acute intensive exercise has no significant effect on pulmonary indexes and physical performance (Tab. 4, Fig. 1, Ref. 21). ..
- Moradinejad M, Ziaee V. The incidence of macrophage activation syndrome in children with rheumatic disorders. Minerva Pediatr. 2011;63:459-66 pubmed..Although MAS is a rare complication of rheumatologic disorders, because it is potentially fatal it must be thought in each childhood rheumatic disorders with suddenly changes in general condition and decrease peripheral cells. ..
- Ziaee V, Yunesian M, Ahmadinejad Z, Halabchi F, Kordi R, Alizadeh R, et al. Acute mountain sickness in Iranian trekkers around Mount Damavand (5671 m) in Iran. Wilderness Environ Med. 2003;14:214-9 pubmed..We conclude that the incidence of AMS is high in Iranian trekkers ascending Mount Damavand. Some of the contributing factors are preventable, so we suggest considering an educational program for trekkers to high altitudes in Iran. ..
- Ziaee V, Razaei M, Ahmadinejad Z, Shaikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohammadi L, et al. The changes of metabolic profile and weight during Ramadan fasting. Singapore Med J. 2006;47:409-14 pubmed..It seems that the effect of Ramadan fasting on serum lipid levels may be closely related to the nutritional diet or biochemical response to starvation. ..
- Shams S, Asheri H, Kianmehr A, Ziaee V, Koochakzadeh L, Monajemzadeh M, et al. The prevalence of iron deficiency anaemia in female medical students in Tehran. Singapore Med J. 2010;51:116-9 pubmed..The remaining (5.5 percent) had other kinds of anaemia or required confirmatory tests. ID is common among 18 to 25-year-old Iranian female university students. Iron supplementation is thus required for the target group. ..
- Kordi R, Hemmati F, Heidarian H, Ziaee V. Comparison of the incidence, nature and cause of injuries sustained on dirt field and artificial turf field by amateur football players. Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Ther Technol. 2011;3:3 pubmed publisher..There were differences in the incidence and type of football match injuries sustained on dirt field and artificial turf. ..
- Ahmadinejad Z, Abdollahi A, Ziaee V, Domiraei Z, Najafizadeh S, Jafari S, et al. Prevalence of positive autoimmune biomarkers in the brucellosis patients. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:2573-8 pubmed publisher..05). Autoantibody biomarkers can be positive in brucellosis. Rheumatologists should be aware of brucellosis in patients with musculoskeletal involvement and positive autoantibody biomarkers in endemic regions. ..
- Ziaee V, Maddah M, Moradinejad M, Rezaei A, Zoghi S, Sadr M, et al. Association of interleukin-6 single nucleotide polymorphisms with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:77-81 pubmed publisher..01). Certain allele, genotype, and haplotype in IL-6 gene were over expressed in patients with JIA, which probably could render individuals more susceptible to this disease. ..