Genomes and Genes
Mohammad R Zarrindast
Affiliation: Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Sadat Shirazi M, Zarrindast M, Daneshparvar H, Ziaie A, Fekri M, Abbasnezhad E, et al. Alteration of dopamine receptors subtypes in the brain of opioid abusers: A postmortem study in Iran. Neurosci Lett. 2018;687:169-176 pubmed publisher..The current data suggest that adaptive changes in mRNA and protein level of dopamine receptors occurred in the brain of opioid abusers and the variations depended on the brain region. ..
- Ahmadi Soleimani S, Mohamadi M A H M, Raoufy M, Azizi H, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. Acute morphine administration alters the power of local field potentials in mesolimbic pathway of freely moving rats: Involvement of dopamine receptors. Neurosci Lett. 2018;686:168-174 pubmed publisher..Future studies should address mechanisms of dopamine-morphine interactions. It is also valuable to focus on acute and chronic effects of morphine on LFP power and assessment of the observed effects following naloxone challenge. ..
- Nasehi M, Mosavi Nezhad S, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. The role of omega-3 on modulation of cognitive deficiency induced by REM sleep deprivation in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2018;351:152-160 pubmed publisher..25 mg/kg), and anti-nociceptive (0.25 mg/kg) effects. The results revealed that RSD interferes with the neural systems underlying cognitive functions and supports the involvement of omega-3 in the modulation of cognitive functions. ..
- Zarrindast M, Fazli Tabaei S, Khalilzadeh A, Farahmanfar M, Yahyavi S. Cross state-dependent retrieval between histamine and lithium. Physiol Behav. 2005;86:154-63 pubmed..In conclusion, histamine or lithium can induce state-dependent retrieval and a cross-StD exists between these drugs, which may be mediated through the inositol pathway. ..
- Nasehi M, Hasanvand S, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. The effect of CA1 dopaminergic system on amnesia induced by harmane in mice. Acta Neurol Belg. 2018;: pubmed publisher..0625 µg/mouse) had no effect on memory impairment induced by harmane. These findings indicate the involvement of CA1 dopaminergic system on harmane-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Zarrindast M, Heidari Darvishani A, Rezayof A, Fathi Azarbaijani F, Jafari Sabet M, Hajizadeh Moghaddam A. Morphine-induced sensitization in mice: changes in locomotor activity by prior scheduled exposure to GABAA receptor agents. Behav Pharmacol. 2007;18:303-10 pubmed..The magnitude of this response was, however, variable. The results indicate that GABAA receptors might be involved in the acquisition of morphine-induced sensitization. ..
- Zarrindast M, Dorrani M, Lachinani R, Rezayof A. Blockade of dorsal hippocampal dopamine receptors inhibits state-dependent learning induced by cannabinoid receptor agonist in mice. Neurosci Res. 2010;67:25-32 pubmed publisher..2 and 0.3 microg/mouse) or sulpiride (0.125 microg/mouse) decreased memory retrieval. The results suggest that the dorsal hippocampal dopaminergic system participates in the modulation of WIN55,212-2-induced state-dependent learning. ..
- Ahmadi Mahmoodabadi N, Nasehi M, Emam Ghoreishi M, Zarrindast M. Synergistic effect between prelimbic 5-HT3 and CB1 receptors on memory consolidation deficit in adult male Sprague-Dawley rats: An isobologram analysis. Neuroscience. 2016;317:173-83 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that 5-HT3 receptor mechanism(s), at least partly, play(s) a role in modulating the effect of ACPA on memory consolidation in the PL area. ..
- Daneshparvar H, Sadat Shirazi M, Fekri M, Khalifeh S, Ziaie A, Esfahanizadeh N, et al. NMDA receptor subunits change in the prefrontal cortex of pure-opioid and multi-drug abusers: a post-mortem study. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2019;269:309-315 pubmed publisher..These findings showed a novel role for GluN1, GluN2B subunits, rather than the GluN2A subunit of NMDARs, in the pathophysiology of addiction and suggested their role in the drug-induced plasticity of NMDARs. ..
- Razmi A, Sahebgharani M, Khani M, Paylakhi S, Faizi M, Zarrindast M. Cyclic AMP pathway modifies memory through neural cell adhesion molecule alterations in the rat hippocampus. Acta Med Iran. 2014;52:246-55 pubmed..The current insight might endorse the predominant role of PKA as compared to Epac in cAMP pathway in expression of NCAM and memory function. ..
- Nasehi M, Shahini F, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Azarbayjani M, Zarrindast M. Effects of harmane during treadmill exercise on spatial memory of restraint-stressed mice. Physiol Behav. 2018;194:239-245 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that there is no interaction between harmane and exercise on spatial memory in stress condition. ..
- Namvarpour Z, Nasehi M, Amini A, Zarrindast M. Protective role of alpha-lipoic acid in impairments of social and stereotyped behaviors induced by early postnatal administration of thimerosal in male rat. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2018;67:1-9 pubmed publisher..This indicates that ALA may protect against mercurial-induced abnormal behaviors. ..
- Nasehi M, Ketabchi M, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. The effect of CA1 dopaminergic system in harmaline-induced amnesia. Neuroscience. 2015;285:47-59 pubmed publisher..001 Î¼g/mouse)/sulpiride (0.25 Î¼g/mouse) potentiate amnesia caused by harmaline. These findings implicate the involvement of CA1 dopaminergic mechanism in harmaline-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Nasehi M, Tabatabaie M, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. The effects of CA1 5HT4 receptors in MK801-induced amnesia and hyperlocomotion. Neurosci Lett. 2015;587:73-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that the CA1 5-HT4 receptors are involved in MK801-induced amnesia and hyperlocomotion. ..
- Ghaderi M, Rezayof A, Vousooghi N, Zarrindast M. Dorsal hippocampal NMDA receptors mediate the interactive effects of arachidonylcyclopropylamide and MDMA/ecstasy on memory retrieval in rats. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2016;66:41-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, it seems that the tendency to abuse cannabis with ecstasy may be for avoiding cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Zarrindast M, Nasehi M, Piri M, Bina P. Anxiety-like behavior induced by histaminergic agents can be prevented by cannabinoidergic WIN55,212-2 injected into the dorsal hippocampus in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2010;94:387-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that there is a chance of partial interaction between the cannabinoidergic and the histaminergic systems of the dorsal hippocampus on anxiogenic/anxiolytic-like behaviors in hole-board test. ..
- Zarrindast M, Eslahi N, Rezayof A, Rostami P, Zahmatkesh M. Modulation of ventral tegmental area dopamine receptors inhibit nicotine-induced anxiogenic-like behavior in the central amygdala. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2013;41:11-7 pubmed publisher..An understanding of these cellular processes will be crucial for the development of new intervention to combat nicotine effect. ..
- Najar F, Nasehi M, Haeri Rohani S, Zarrindast M. The involvement of medial septum 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptors on ACPA-induced memory consolidation deficit: possible role of TRPC3, TRPC6 and TRPV2. J Psychopharmacol. 2015;29:1200-8 pubmed publisher..Using SKF-96365 (inhibitor of transient receptor potential TRPC3/6 and TRPV2 channels) demonstrated that TRPC3, TRPC3 and TRPV2 channels have a significant role, according to our results. ..
- Nasehi M, Meskarian M, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Harmaline-induced amnesia: Possible role of the amygdala dopaminergic system. Neuroscience. 2016;312:1-9 pubmed publisher..p.)-induced amnesia. Furthermore, all above doses of drugs had no effect on locomotor activity. In conclusion, the dopamine D1 and D2 receptors of the BLA may be involved in the impairment of memory acquisition induced by harmaline. ..
- Khanegheini A, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. The modulatory effect of CA1 GABAb receptors on ketamine-induced spatial and non-spatial novelty detection deficits with respect to Ca(2+). Neuroscience. 2015;305:157-68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, baclofen and phaclofen were shown to possibly exert their effects on the ketamine-induced spatial novelty detection deficits through Ca(2+) channels. ..
- Zarrindast M, Naghdi Sedeh N, Nasehi M, Sahraei H, Bahrami F, Asadi F. The effects of dopaminergic drugs in the ventral hippocampus of rats in the nicotine-induced anxiogenic-like response. Neurosci Lett. 2010;475:156-60 pubmed publisher..1microg/rat) decreased nicotine's effect. The results may indicate a modulatory effect for the D(1) and D(2) dopamine receptors of VHC in the anxiogenic-like response induced by nicotine. ..
- Zarrindast M, Mahboobi S, Sadat Shirazi M, Ahmadi S. Anxiolytic-like effect induced by the cannabinoid CB1 receptor agonist, arachydonilcyclopropylamide (ACPA), in the rat amygdala is mediated through the D1 and D2 dopaminergic systems. J Psychopharmacol. 2011;25:131-40 pubmed publisher..5?µg/rat) decreased the anxiolytic-like effect of ACPA. It can be concluded that the dopaminergic system of the amygdala may be involved, at least partly, in the anxiolytic-like effects induced by ACPA in the rat amygdala. ..
- Zarrabian S, Farahizadeh M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. The role of CA3 GABAA receptors on anxiolytic-like behaviors and avoidance memory deficit induced by NMDA receptor antagonists. J Psychopharmacol. 2016;30:215-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that alteration of the CA3 GABAA receptor activity can effectively affect the anxiolytic-like behaviors and avoidance memory deficit induced by D-AP5. ..
- Mohammadi M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. Modulation of the effects of the cannabinoid agonist, ACPA, on spatial and non-spatial novelty detection in mice by dopamine D1 receptor drugs infused into the basolateral amygdala. Behav Brain Res. 2015;280:36-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the ACPA induced impairment of memory retention, may occur through BLA D1 dopamine receptors. ..
- Nasehi M, Zamanparvar M, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Modulation of cannabinoid signaling by amygdala Î±2-adrenergic system in fear conditioning. Behav Brain Res. 2016;300:114-22 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that BLA Î±2-adrenergic receptors may be involved in context- but not tone-dependent fear memory impairment induced by activation of CB1 receptors. ..
- Jafarian M, Karimzadeh F, Alipour F, Attari F, Lotfinia A, Speckmann E, et al. Cognitive impairments and neuronal injury in different brain regions of a genetic rat model of absence epilepsy. Neuroscience. 2015;298:161-70 pubmed publisher..Seizure-induced neuronal injury and death may underlie cognitive impairments in absence epilepsy. ..
- Zarrindast M, Solati J, Oryan S, Parivar K. Effect of intra-amygdala injection of nicotine and GABA receptor agents on anxiety-like behaviour in rats. Pharmacology. 2008;82:276-84 pubmed publisher..25, 0.5 and 1 microg/rat) had no interaction on %OAT, %OAE and locomotor activity. It can be concluded that in the central amygdala, the GABAergic system is not involved in the anxiogenic response to nicotine. ..
- Nasehi M, Kafi F, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Involvement of the serotonergic system of the ventral hippocampus (CA3) on amnesia induced by ACPA in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2015;286:356-63 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that the amnesia induced by i.p. administration of ACPA is at least partly mediated through the serotonergic receptor mechanism in the CA3 area. ..
- Nasehi M, Amin Yavari S, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Torabi Nami M, Zarrindast M. The dual effect of CA1 NMDA receptor modulation on ACPA-induced amnesia in step-down passive avoidance learning task. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015;25:557-65 pubmed publisher..According to these results, we concluded that activation of the NMDA receptors in the CA1 mediates a dual effect on ACPA-induced amnesia in step-down passive avoidance learning task. ..
- Zarrindast M, Massoudi R, Sepehri H, Rezayof A. Involvement of GABA(B) receptors of the dorsal hippocampus on the acquisition and expression of morphine-induced place preference in rats. Physiol Behav. 2006;87:31-8 pubmed..c.)-induced place preference. Baclofen or phaclofen injections had no effects on locomotor activity on the testing sessions. It is concluded that the GABA(B) receptors in dorsal hippocampus may play an active role in morphine reward. ..
- Zarrindast M, Meshkani J, Rezayof A, Beigzadeh R, Rostami P. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of the dorsal hippocampus and the basolateral amygdala are involved in ethanol-induced conditioned place preference. Neuroscience. 2010;168:505-13 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that the activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of the dorsal hippocampus and the basolateral amygdala can potentiate the ethanol response in the CPP paradigm. ..
- Alijanpour S, Tirgar F, Zarrindast M. Role of dorsal hippocampal orexin-1 receptors in memory restoration induced by morphine sensitization phenomenon. Neuroscience. 2016;312:215-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the blockade of CA1 OX1Rs in the expression phase, but not in the induction phase, disrupts memory restoration induced by morphine sensitization. ..
- Nasehi M, Sharaf Dolgari E, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. The hippocampal NMDA receptors may be involved in acquisition, but not expression of ACPA-induced place preference. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2015;63:83-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these observations provide evidence that glutamate NMDA receptors of the CA1 may be involved in the potentiation of ACPA rewarding properties in the acquisition, but not expression, of CPP in mice. ..
- Nasehi M, Roghani F, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Role of the amygdala GABA-A receptors in ACPA-induced deficits during conditioned fear learning. Brain Res Bull. 2017;131:85-92 pubmed publisher..Such findings highlighted an interaction between BLA GABAergic and cannabinoidergic systems during the acquisition phase of conditioned fear memories. ..
- Nasehi M, Ghadimi F, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Interaction between harmane, a class of Î²-carboline alkaloids, and the CA1 serotonergic system in modulation of memory acquisition. Neurosci Res. 2017;122:17-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, all above doses of drugs did not change locomotor activity. The present findings suggest that there is an interaction between harmane and the CA1 serotonergic system in modulation of memory acquisition. ..
- Amiri S, Alijanpour S, Tirgar F, Haj Mirzaian A, Amini Khoei H, Rahimi Balaei M, et al. NMDA receptors are involved in the antidepressant-like effects of capsaicin following amphetamine withdrawal in male mice. Neuroscience. 2016;329:122-33 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that rapid antidepressant-like effects of capsaicin in FST and splash test are partly mediated by NMDA receptors. ..
- Nasehi M, Khani Abyaneh M, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. The effect of left frontal transcranial direct-current stimulation on propranolol-induced fear memory acquisition and consolidation deficits. Behav Brain Res. 2017;331:76-83 pubmed publisher..In certain conditions, tDCS reverses the effect of propranolol. These results provide initial evidence to support the timely use of tDCS for the modulation of fear-related memories. ..
- Bakhtazad A, Vousooghi N, Garmabi B, Zarrindast M. Evaluation of the CART peptide expression in morphine sensitization in male rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;802:52-59 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that CART is released in the framework of reward pathway and may serve as an important neurotransmitter in the process of morphine dependence and sensitization. ..
- Beiranvand A, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M, Moghaddasi M. Involvement of medial prefrontal cortex alpha-2 adrenoceptors on memory acquisition deficit induced by arachidonylcyclopropylamide, a cannabinoid CB1 receptor agonist, in rats; possible involvement of Ca2+ channels. J Psychopharmacol. 2016;30:945-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data indicate that mPFC alpha-2 adrenoceptors play an important role in ACPA-induced amnesia and Ca(2+) channels have a critical role this phenomenon. ..
- Nasehi M, Farrahizadeh M, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Modulation of cannabinoid signaling by hippocampal 5-HT4 serotonergic system in fear conditioning. J Psychopharmacol. 2016;30:936-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggest that the blockade of hippocampal 5-HT4 serotonergic system modulates cannabinoid signaling induced by the activation of CB1 receptors in conditioned fear. ..
- Ashabi G, Sadat Shirazi M, Akbarabadi A, Vousooghi N, Kheiri Z, Toolee H, et al. Is the Nociception Mechanism Altered in Offspring of Morphine-Abstinent Rats?. J Pain. 2018;19:529-541 pubmed publisher..Because these offspring are more sensitive to the analgesic effect of morphine, clinicians should consider this issue to manage the dosage of morphine for treating pain in children with an abstinent parent(s). ..
- Javad Moosavi B, Vaezi G, Nasehi M, Haeri Rouhani S, Zarrindast M. Critical role of CA1 muscarinic receptors on memory acquisition deficit induced by total (TSD) and REM sleep deprivation (RSD). Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;79:128-135 pubmed publisher..However further studies are needed for showing cellular and molecular mechanisms of surprising result of similar pharmacological effects using compounds with opposite profiles. ..
- Parsaei L, Torkaman Boutorabi A, Asadi F, Zarrindast M. Interaction between dorsal hippocampal NMDA receptors and lithium on spatial learning consolidation in rats. Brain Res Bull. 2016;127:1-10 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that NMDA receptors of the dorsal hippocampus may be involved in lithium-induced spatial learning impairment in the MWM task. ..
- Nasehi M, Kamali Dolatabadi L, Torabi Nami M, Zarrindast M. Possible involvement of the CA1 GABAA receptors upon acquisition and expression of the ACPA-induced place preference in mice. Physiol Behav. 2016;161:155-165 pubmed publisher..The ACPA- and muscimol-induced CPP could be blocked by bicuculline. Taken together, the CA1 GABAA receptors seem to be possibly involved in the modulation of acquisition or expression process upon ACPA-induced CPP. ..
- Khakpai F, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. The role of NMDA receptors of the medial septum and dorsal hippocampus on memory acquisition. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2016;143:18-25 pubmed publisher..Also, all above doses of drugs did not alter locomotor activity. These results suggest that the glutamatergic pathway between the MS and CA1 regions is involved in memory acquisition process. ..
- Nasehi M, Jamshidi Mehr M, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Possible involvement of CA1 5-HT1B/1D and 5-HT2A/2B/2C receptors in harmaline-induced amnesia. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2014;125:70-7 pubmed publisher..5 and 1 mg/kg, i.p.) heighten impairment of memory acquisition. These findings implicate the involvement of CA1 serotonergic mechanism in harmaline-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Zarrindast M, Tajik R, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Nasehi M, Rezayof A. Role of the medial septum cholinoceptors in anxiogenic-like effects of nicotine. Physiol Behav. 2013;119:103-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that, nicotine-induced anxiogenic-like behaviors may be mediated via the activation of cholinoceptors and possibly other receptor mechanism(s) in the medial septum. ..
- Nasehi M, Morteza Zadeh P, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Additive effect of harmane and muscimol for memory consolidation impairment in inhibitory avoidance task. Neuroscience. 2016;339:287-295 pubmed publisher..Moreover, all above doses of drugs did not alter locomotor activity. These findings suggest that GABAA receptors of the CA1 area, at least partly, play a role in modulating the effect of harmane on memory consolidation. ..
- Nasehi M, Davoudi K, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Interplay between serotonin and cannabinoid function in the amygdala in fear conditioning. Brain Res. 2016;1636:142-151 pubmed publisher..05 respectively. It is concluded that BLA serotonin 5-HT4 receptors are involved in tone-dependent fear memory consolidation impairment induced by CB1 activation using ACPA, suggesting a modulatory role for serotonin 5-HT4 receptor. ..
- Javadifar T, Sahraei H, Ketabi M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. Transient inactivation of the nucleus accumbens (NAc) shell prominently ameliorates responses to acute stress in female rats. Brain Res. 2016;1649:1-8 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that the NAc shell plays an important role in the mediation of stress responses in female rats and this influence shows asymmetrical manner. ..
- Amiri S, Amini Khoei H, Mohammadi Asl A, Alijanpour S, Haj Mirzaian A, Rahimi Balaei M, et al. Involvement of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors in the antidepressant-like effects of selegiline in maternal separation model of mouse. Physiol Behav. 2016;163:107-114 pubmed publisher..We found that D1 receptors mediate an effect on despair behavior, D2 receptors mediate an effect on anhedonia, and both D1 and D2 receptors contribute to the protective effects of selegiline on motivational complications. ..
- Norozpour Y, Nasehi M, Sabouri Khanghah V, Torabi Nami M, Zarrindast M. The effect of CA1 Î±2 adrenergic receptors on memory retention deficit induced by total sleep deprivation and the reversal of circadian rhythm in a rat model. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2016;133:53-60 pubmed publisher..Such interventions however did not alter the locomotor activity. The above observations proposed that CA1 Î±2 adrenergic receptors play a potential role in memory retention deficits induced by TSD and RCR. ..
- Nasehi M, Saadati N, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Possible involvement of the CA1 GABAergic system on harmaline induced memory consolidation deficit. Brain Res Bull. 2017;130:101-106 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a) that the CA1 GABAB receptors are involved in memory consolidation b) that harmaline interact with the CA1 GABAB receptors in modulation of memory consolidation. ..
- Zarrindast M, Rostami P, Zarei M, Roohbakhsh A. Intracerebroventricular effects of histaminergic agents on morphine-induced anxiolysis in the elevated plus-maze in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2005;97:276-81 pubmed..This may imply that morphine-induced anxiolysis probably is independent of the histaminergic system. ..
- Zarrindast M, Moghadam A, Rostami P, Roohbakhsh A. The effects of histaminergic agents in the central amygdala of rats in the elevated plus-maze test of anxiety. Behav Pharmacol. 2005;16:643-9 pubmed..5 microl bilateral. The results suggest that histamine may modulate anxiety via H1 but not H2 receptors in the rat central amygdala. ..
- Khakpoor M, Nasehi M, Vahdati A, Hoseyni S, Zarrindast M. Additive effect of BLA GABAA receptor mechanism and (+)-MK-801 on memory retention deficit, an isobologram analysis. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2016;143:57-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, muscimol and bicuculline decreased retention of memory formation in the BLA, and GABAA receptors in the BLA may be involved in the additive effect on (+)-MK-801-induced memory retention deficits. ..
- Farahmandfar M, Akbarabadi A, Bakhtazad A, Zarrindast M. Recovery from ketamine-induced amnesia by blockade of GABA-A receptor in the medial prefrontal cortex of mice. Neuroscience. 2017;344:48-55 pubmed publisher..005, 0.1 and 0.5?g/mouse). It can be concluded that GABAergic system of the mPFC is involved in the ketamine-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Ashabi G, Sadat Shirazi M, Khalifeh S, Elhampour L, Zarrindast M. NMDA receptor adjusted co-administration of ecstasy and cannabinoid receptor-1 agonist in the amygdala via stimulation of BDNF/Trk-B/CREB pathway in adult male rats. Brain Res Bull. 2017;130:221-230 pubmed publisher..01). Probably, NMDA receptors are involved in the protective role of acute MDMA+ACPA co-injection via BDNF/Trk-B/CREB pathways. ..
- Nasehi M, Ostadi E, Khakpai F, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Synergistic effect between D-AP5 and muscimol in the nucleus accumbens shell on memory consolidation deficit in adult male Wistar rats: An isobologram analysis. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2017;141:134-142 pubmed publisher..None of the above doses changed the locomotor activity. Our results suggest that the glutamatergic and GABAergic neurons of the NAc shell interact with each other for modulation of emotional memory consolidation. ..
- Zarrindast M, Khalifeh S, Rezayof A, Rostami P, Aghamohammadi Sereshki A, Zahmatkesh M. Involvement of rat dopaminergic system of nucleus accumbens in nicotine-induced anxiogenic-like behaviors. Brain Res. 2012;1460:25-32 pubmed publisher..These findings may suggest the involvement of dopamine transmission, through D? and D? receptors of NAc shell, in the anxiogenic-like effect of nicotine in the EPM task. ..
- Bashiri H, Rezayof A, Sahebgharani M, Tavangar S, Zarrindast M. Modulatory effects of the basolateral amygdala Î±2-adrenoceptors on nicotine-induced anxiogenic-like behaviours of rats in the elevated plus maze. Neuropharmacology. 2016;105:478-486 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it can be concluded that nicotine produces anxiogenic-like behaviours which may be mediated through the BLA Î±2-adrenoceptor mechanism. ..
- Zarrindast M, Jafari M, Ahmadi S, Djahanguiri B. Influence of central administration ATP-dependent K+ channel on morphine state-dependent memory of passive avoidance. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;487:143-8 pubmed..Diazoxide blocked the effects of glibenclamide on memory restoration. It is concluded that K(ATP) channel modulators may be involved, at least in part, in morphine state dependence through a cholinergic system mechanism...
- Nasehi M, Hajikhani M, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Interaction between NMDA and CB2 function in the dorsal hippocampus on memory consolidation impairment: an isobologram analysis. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:507-514 pubmed publisher..The isobologram analysis showed that there is a synergistic effect between D-AP5 and AM630 on memory consolidation deficit. These results suggest that CA1 CB2 receptors modulate memory consolidation impairment induced by D-AP5. ..
- Nasehi M, Rostam Nezhad E, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Interaction between hippocampal serotonin and cannabinoid systems in reactivity to spatial and object novelty detection. Behav Brain Res. 2017;317:272-278 pubmed publisher..The inactivation of CB1 receptors blocks the effect of 5-HT4 agents into the CA1 region on memory deficits induced by activation of CB1Rs via ACPA. ..
- Zarrindast M, Hoghooghi V, Rezayof A. Inhibition of morphine-induced amnesia in morphine-sensitized mice: involvement of dorsal hippocampal GABAergic receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2008;54:569-76 pubmed..The results suggest that morphine sensitization reverses the impairment of memory induced by morphine and that GABAergic receptors of the dorsal hippocampus may play an important role in this effect...
- Nasehi M, Alaghmandan Motlagh N, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Nami M, Zarrindast M. The interaction between hippocampal GABA-B and cannabinoid receptors upon spatial change and object novelty discrimination memory function. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:3117-3128 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, GABA-B receptors in the CA1 region appear to modulate the ACPA-induced cannabinoid CB1 signaling upon spatial change and novelty discrimination memory functions. ..
- Nasehi M, Gerami Majd F, Khakpai F, Zarrindast M. Dorsal hippocampal cannabinergic and GABAergic systems modulate memory consolidation in passive avoidance task. Brain Res Bull. 2018;137:197-203 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest possible interaction between the CA1 cannabinoid CB2 and GABAA mechanisms on modulation of memory consolidation in mice. ..
- Zarrabian S, Nasehi M, Farrahizadeh M, Zarrindast M. The role of CA3 GABAB receptors on anxiolytic-like behaviors and avoidance memory deficit induced by D-AP5 with respect to Ca2+ ions. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;79:515-524 pubmed publisher..Our findings showed that the CA3 GABABRs had a critical role in anxiolytic-like behaviors and avoidance memory deficit induced by D-AP5 and confirmed the role of Ca2+ ions in the observed results. ..
- Nasehi M, Soltanpour R, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrabian S, Zarrindast M. Interference effects of transcranial direct current stimulation over the right frontal cortex and adrenergic system on conditioned fear. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:3407-3416 pubmed publisher..The timing of the interventions related to the specific phases of memory formation is important in modulating fear behaviors. ..
- Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Rostampour M, Jamshidi Mehr M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. Role of CA1 GABAA and GABAB receptors on learning deficit induced by D-AP5 in passive avoidance step-through task. Brain Res. 2018;1678:164-173 pubmed publisher..Also, the activation or blockade of GABABRs induced a similar and dual effect. ..
- Nedaei S, Rezayof A, Pourmotabbed A, Nasehi M, Zarrindast M. Activation of endocannabinoid system in the rat basolateral amygdala improved scopolamine-induced memory consolidation impairment. Behav Brain Res. 2016;311:183-191 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it seems that a functional interaction between the BLA endocannabinoid and cholinergic muscarinic systems may be critical for memory formation. ..
- Akbarabadi A, Niknamfar S, Vousooghi N, Sadat Shirazi M, Toolee H, Zarrindast M. Effect of rat parental morphine exposure on passive avoidance memory and morphine conditioned place preference in male offspring. Physiol Behav. 2018;184:143-149 pubmed publisher..These effects are greater when the morphine consumer parent is the female one. ..
- Nasehi M, Mafi F, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Zarrindast M. Function of opioidergic and dopaminergic antagonists on both spatial and object novelty detection deficits induced in rodent model of hepatic encephalopathy. Behav Brain Res. 2016;313:58-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest that opioidergic and dopaminergic systems through separate pathways may contribute in memory impairments induced by BDL in the non-associative task. ..