Abdol M Kajbafzadeh
Affiliation: Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Kajbafzadeh A, Elmi A, Talab S, Esfahani S, Tourchi A. Functional external anal sphincter reconstruction for treatment of anal incontinence using muscle progenitor cell auto grafting. Dis Colon Rectum. 2010;53:1415-21 pubmed publisher..Stem cell-mediated anal myoplasty warrants additional investigation as a new method to treat anal incontinence before attempting this modality in the clinical setting. ..
- Mozafarpour S, Kajbafzadeh A, Mojtahed A, Mojtahed M, Mahboubi H, Shalileh K. Management of bladder dysfunction in Wolfram syndrome with Mitrofanoff appendicovesicostomy: long-term follow-up. J Pediatr Surg. 2015;50:1201-4 pubmed publisher..We suggest appendicovesicostomy as a safe and lifesaving procedure for long-term management of bladder dysfunction in Wolfram syndrome particularly after progression to blindness. ..
- Tourchi A, Kajbafzadeh A, Ebadi M, Tavangar S, Jarooghi N. The association between impaired autophagy and the development of congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Urology. 2014;84:1467-74 pubmed publisher..05); however, no specimen was stained for p16, p21, and p53. In conclusion, impaired autophagy is associated with the development of congenital UPJO. Nonetheless, further studies are mandated to establish its etiologic role. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Sharifi Rad L, Mozafarpour S, Ladi Seyedian S. Efficacy of transcutaneous interferential electrical stimulation in treatment of children with primary nocturnal enuresis: a randomized clinical trial. Pediatr Nephrol. 2015;30:1139-45 pubmed publisher..46%, respectively; P = 0.004). Interferential therapy can be applied as a safe, effective and well-tolerable alternative therapy in the treatment of children with NE. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Tourchi A, Aryan Z. Factors that impact the outcome of endoscopic correction of vesicoureteral reflux: a multivariate analysis. Int Urol Nephrol. 2013;45:1-9 pubmed publisher..000) remained as independent success predictors. Based on this study, successful VUR correction after the endoscopic injection of Deflux can be predicted with respect to preoperative VUR grade and presence of mound after operation. ..
- Shadgan B, Nigro M, Macnab A, Fareghi M, Stothers L, Sharifi Rad L, et al. Optical diagnosis of lower urinary tract infection: a pilot study in children. J Pediatr Urol. 2015;11:74.e1-7 pubmed publisher..SR-NIRS monitoring of bladder wall oxygenation may offer a rapid and non-invasive means of bedside screening for LUTI where history and/or clinical signs are not available or adequate. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Elmi A, Talab S, Emami H, Esfahani S, Saeedi P. Urinary and serum carbohydrate antigen 19-9 as a biomarker in ureteropelvic junction obstruction in children. J Urol. 2010;183:2353-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that proper decrease in urinary carbohydrate antigen 19-9 after pyeloplasty is predictive of excellent surgical outcomes and resolution of renal damage. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Mozafarpour S, Ladi Seyedian S, Khorramirouz R, Nasser Hojjati H. Decellularized dermal strip as a suburethral sling in a rat model of stress urinary incontinence. Int Urol Nephrol. 2015;47:1303-10 pubmed publisher..This study provides the basis for further investigation of the efficacy of biological decellularized scaffold as suburethral sling material. ..
- Keihani S, Kajbafzadeh A. Concomitant Anterior and Posterior Urethral Valves: A Comprehensive Review of Literature. Urology. 2015;86:151-7 pubmed publisher..We also summarize the information on published cases of concomitant AUV/D and PUV in the English literature with a special focus on diagnosis and the importance of both voiding cystourethrography and careful urethrocystoscopy. ..
- Mirshahvalad S, Alinia P, Hekmati P, Nafisi N, Kajbafzadeh A. Ovotesticular Disorder of Sex Development Presenting as an Acute Scrotum. Urology. 2018;116:176-179 pubmed publisher..Long-term follow-up with his hormonal profile is reported. This is a case of ovotesticular disorder presented with acute scrotum and we also tried to reduce long-term hormone therapy, with preservation of testicular part. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Kajbafzadeh M, Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N, Tavangar S. Tissue-Engineered External Anal Sphincter Using Autologous Myogenic Satellite Cells and Extracellular Matrix: Functional and Histological Studies. Ann Biomed Eng. 2016;44:1773-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, bioengineered EAS with myogenic satellite cells can gain more satisfactory histological outcomes in short-term follow-ups with better muscle electrical stimulation outcomes. ..
- Ladi Seyedian S, Kajbafzadeh A, Sharifi Rad L, Shadgan B, Fan E. Management of non-neuropathic underactive bladder in children with voiding dysfunction by animated biofeedback: a randomized clinical trial. Urology. 2015;85:205-10 pubmed publisher..2 Â± 4.7 vs 12.9 Â± 4.6 mL/s; P <.01). Combination of animated biofeedback and PFM exercise effectively improves sensation of bladder fullness and contractility in children with UB due to voiding dysfunction. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Abolghasemi H, Eshghi P, Alizadeh F, Elmi A, Shafaattalab S, et al. Single-donor fibrin sealant for repair of urethrocutaneous fistulae following multiple hypospadias and epispadias repairs. J Pediatr Urol. 2011;7:422-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this product improves the safety margin regarding the risk of disease transmission. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Payabvash S, Sadeghi Z, Elmi A, Jamal A, Hantoshzadeh Z, et al. Comparison of magnetic resonance urography with ultrasound studies in detection of fetal urogenital anomalies. J Pediatr Urol. 2008;4:32-9 pubmed publisher..The present study had a selection bias, as only fetuses with possible anomalies proposed by sonography were referred for MRU; however, this is the population that probably benefits most from MRU studies. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Salmasi A, Payabvash S, Arshadi H, Akbari H, Moosavi S. Evolution of endoscopic management of ectopic ureterocele: a new approach. J Urol. 2007;177:1118-23; discussion 1123 pubmed..01). A total of 13 patients (76%) in group 1 required open surgical intervention, compared to 3 (10%) in group 2 (p<0.05). This new endoscopic approach is highly effective in the treatment of children with ectopic ureteroceles. ..
- Semyari H, Rajipour M, Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N, Abbas F, Kajbafzadeh A. Evaluating the bone regeneration in calvarial defect using osteoblasts differentiated from adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells on three different scaffolds: an animal study. Cell Tissue Bank. 2016;17:69-83 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that bone regeneration in critical calvarial defect was more successful in seeded polyamide. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Nabavizadeh B, Keihani S, Hosseini Sharifi S. Revisiting the tethered ureteral stents in children: a novel modification. Int Urol Nephrol. 2015;47:881-5 pubmed publisher..This can lead to considerable saving in time and costs for patients, families and healthcare system. ..
- Sabetkish S, Kajbafzadeh A, Sabetkish N. Hypospadias and concomitant undescended testis: Comparison of no skin incision with inguinal and scrotal skin incision orchiopexy. Int J Surg. 2015;22:154-8 pubmed publisher..Reduced postoperative pain, better objective cosmetic results, shorter operative time and comfortable post-operative period are the most significant advantages of this approach. ..
- Hosseini Sharifi S, Keihani S, Nabavizadeh B, Kajbafzadeh A. Endoscopic correction of vesicoureteral reflux in children with solitary functioning kidney: insertion of a double-J stent to avoid transient ureteral obstruction. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:313-8 pubmed publisher..Considering devastating sequelae of acute obstruction following endoscopic management of reflux in children with solitary functioning kidney, routine use of double-J stents might be a feasible and safe approach. ..
- Hosseini Sharifi S, Nabavizadeh B, Mozafarpour S, Kajbafzadeh A. Laparoscopic selective clipping of upper moiety vasculature and ureter without partial nephrectomy: A novel technique for pediatric urinary incontinence due to ectopic ureter associated with poor functioning upper renal moiety. J Pediatr Urol. 2017;13:217-218 pubmed publisher..Also, ipsilateral normal functioning moiety would not be associated with potential morbidity in this technique. ..
- Sabetkish N, Eftekharzadeh S, Elmi A, Talab S, Kajbafzadeh A. Low-dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Stimulation Test as a Prognostic Incontinent Indicator in Boys With Bladder Exstrophy-epispadias Complex. Urology. 2017;101:133-138 pubmed publisher..The data also reveal the role of prostate enlargement in the improvement of urinary incontinence. Chronic treatment with HCG increases bladder capacity that may facilitate future reconstructive surgery. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Keihani S, Kameli S, Hojjat A. Maternal Urinary Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 as a Novel Biomarker for Evaluating Fetal Hydronephrosis: A Pilot Study. Urology. 2017;101:90-93 pubmed publisher..Based on these pilot data, CA19-9 levels are significantly higher in the urine of pregnant women carrying fetuses with severe ANH, and it may have the potential to serve as a noninvasive and useful biomarker to diagnose ANH. ..
- Keihani S, Kajbafzadeh A, Kameli S, Abbasioun R. Long-term Impacts of Concurrent Posterior Urethral Valve Ablation and Bladder Neck Incision on Urinary Continence and Ejaculation. Urology. 2017;99:278-280 pubmed publisher..Concomitant valve ablation with BNI may provide additional benefits in care of PUV children, especially those with prominent bladder neck and poor bladder function at presentation. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Ahmadi Tafti S, Mokhber Dezfooli M, Khorramirouz R, Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N, et al. Aortic valve conduit implantation in the descending thoracic aorta in a sheep model: The outcomes of pre-seeded scaffold. Int J Surg. 2016;28:97-105 pubmed publisher..This modality may be beneficial and may provide a new era of biological grafts in cardiovascular surgery. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Khorramirouz R, Sabetkish S, Ataei Talebi M, Akbarzadeh A, Keihani S. In vivo regeneration of bladder muscular wall using decellularized colon matrix: an experimental study. Pediatr Surg Int. 2016;32:615-22 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that decellularized colon may provide a viable material for bladder augmentation in rats to pave the road for future applications of this natural collagen scaffold. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Khorramirouz R, Masoumi A, Keihani S, Nabavizadeh B. Decellularized human fetal intestine as a bioscaffold for regeneration of the rabbit bladder submucosa. J Pediatr Surg. 2018;53:1781-1788 pubmed publisher..Fetal intestine acellular matrix could be an exceptional scaffold for bladder augmentation cystoplasty and may pave the road for future studies in order to be used for clinical application. ..
- Eftekharzadeh S, Sabetkish N, Sabetkish S, Kajbafzadeh A. Comparing the bulking effect of calcium hydroxyapatite and Deflux injection into the bladder neck for improvement of urinary incontinence in bladder exstrophy-epispadias complex. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017;49:183-189 pubmed publisher..7) or Q max (p = 0.8). The preliminary results of this study revealed that CaHA may be applied as an affordable bulking agent in treatment of urinary incontinence in BEEC. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Sabetkish N, Sabetkish S. Establishment of colonic dialysis model in uremic rats by right nephrectomy and left partial nephrectomy. J Pediatr Urol. 2018;14:159.e1-159.e8 pubmed publisher..CD with an efficient PD solution through a MACE stoma may be a valuable option when conventional methods are not available. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Sabetkish S, Khorramirouz R, Sabetkish N. Comparison of histopathological characteristics of polyacrylate polyalcohol copolymer with dextranomer/hyaluronic acid after injection beneath the bladder mucosa layer: a rabbit model. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017;49:747-752 pubmed publisher..Severe inflammation and fibrosis in PPC may be due to continued foreign body reaction, presence of alcohol polymers, or larger particle sizes. ..
- Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N, Talebi M, Halimi S, Kajbafzadeh A. The role of nonautologous and autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell in acute pyelonephritis. Cell Tissue Bank. 2018;19:301-309 pubmed publisher..Autologous ADMSCs may have better results in cell therapy as compared to nonautologous cells. However, more satisfactory outcomes may be obtained when the cell source is selected from the surrounding adipose tissue. ..
- Mozafarpour S, Kajbafzadeh A, Abbasioun R, Habibi A, Nabavizadeh B. Ointment Fistulography: Introducing a Novel Technique for Single or Multiple Urethrocutaneous Fistula Diagnosis After Hypospadias Surgery. Urology. 2017;106:231-232 pubmed publisher..We believe this simple technique help urologists around the world to diagnose this common complication of hypospadias surgery without the need for special equipment. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Farrokhi Khajeh Pasha Y, Ostovaneh M, Nezami B, Hojjat A. Teapot ureterocystoplasty and ureteral Mitrofanoff channel for bilateral megaureters: technical points and surgical results of neurogenic bladder. J Urol. 2010;183:1168-74 pubmed publisher..Bladders remained compliant with good capacity, presumably because sufficient tissue and blood supply were provided for the augmented flap. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Elmi A, Payabvash S, Sina A, Arshadi H, Sadeghi Z. The urethral valve of Guérin and lacuna magna: clinical presentations and urodynamic findings. Pediatr Surg Int. 2007;23:873-8 pubmed..The lesion may be associated with obstructive urodynamic patterns in some children. Endoscopic treatment of patients effectively relieves the symptoms and corrects the urodynamic abnormalities. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Arshadi H, Payabvash S, Salmasi A, Najjaran Tousi V, Sahebpor A. Proximal hypospadias with severe chordee: single stage repair using corporeal tunica vaginalis free graft. J Urol. 2007;178:1036-42; discussion 1042 pubmed..We report the results of corporeal tunica vaginalis free graft for single stage correction of severe chordee in children with proximal hypospadias...
- Kajbafzadeh A, Elmi A, Payabvash S, Salmasi A, Saeedi P, Mohamadkhani A, et al. Transurethral autologous myoblast injection for treatment of urinary incontinence in children with classic bladder exstrophy. J Urol. 2008;180:1098-105 pubmed publisher..In this study we investigated the effectiveness of autologous myoblast injection for the treatment of urinary incontinence in children with classic bladder exstrophy...
- Ladi Seyedian S, Sharifi Rad L, Kajbafzadeh A. Intravesical Electromotive Botulinum Toxin Type "A" Administration for Management of Urinary Incontinence Secondary to Neuropathic Detrusor Overactivity in Children: Long-term Follow-up. Urology. 2018;114:167-174 pubmed publisher..This novel delivery system resulted in considerable improvement in urinary incontinence and urodynamic study parameters in patients with refractory NDO. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Habibi Z, Tajik P. Endoscopic subureteral urocol injection for the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux. J Urol. 2006;175:1480-3; discussion 1483-4 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate that subureteral injection of Urocol was effective for the treatment of VUR. We conclude that Urocol represents a new, safe, simple, less expensive and repeatable technique in treating VUR. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Abbasioun R, Sabetkish N, Sabetkish S, Habibi A, Tavakkolitabassi K. In vivo human corpus cavernosum regeneration: fabrication of tissue-engineered corpus cavernosum in rat using the body as a natural bioreactor. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017;49:1193-1199 pubmed publisher..The feasibility of natural bioreactor in recellularizing corpus cavernosum was confirmed. This technique may have the potential to facilitate homologous transplantation for repair of corpus defects. ..
- Sabetkish N, Sabetkish S, Mohseni M, Kajbafzadeh A. Prevention of Renal Scarring in Acute Pyelonephritis by Probiotic Therapy: an Experimental Study. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins. 2019;11:158-164 pubmed publisher..In spite of better results in the prophylactic group compared to the treatment group, no strong evidence was found to prove the advantage of its prophylactic application over the treatment administration. ..
- Arshadi H, Sabetkish S, Kajbafzadeh A. Modified tubularized incised plate urethroplasty reduces the risk of fistula and meatal stenosis for proximal hypospadias: a report of 63 cases. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017;49:2099-2104 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this preliminary report can be estimated as an alternative technique with acceptable complication and cosmetic results for proximal hypospadias correction. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N. Ureteric-urethral engraftment as a new surgical technique for management of incontinence in bladder exstrophy complex: A retrospective cohort. Int J Surg. 2017;46:158-163 pubmed publisher..These patients would necessitate further surveillance with upper urinary tract evaluations during the adult life. ..
- Mozafarpour S, Abbasioun R, Kajbafzadeh A. The mobile technology era: Potential benefits in pediatric urology. J Pediatr Urol. 2017;13:529-530 pubmed publisher..In this video, we demonstrate some unique features of various anatomic and functional pediatric urology conditions, which are detectable in voiding clips taken by a cellphone camera. ..
- Nafisi N, Akbari M, Mahjoub F, Mohseni M, Sabetkish S, Khorramirouz R, et al. Application of Human Acellular Breast Dermal Matrix (ABDM) in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: An Experimental Study. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2017;41:1435-1444 pubmed publisher..For a full description of these Evidence-Based Medicine ratings, please refer to the Table of Contents or the online Instructions to Authors http://www.springer.com/00266. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Abbasioun R, Sabetkish S, Sabetkish N, Rahmani P, Tavakkolitabassi K, et al. Future Prospects for Human Tissue Engineered Urethra Transplantation: Decellularization and Recellularization-Based Urethra Regeneration. Ann Biomed Eng. 2017;45:1795-1806 pubmed publisher..This study may paw the road for clinical application of acellular urethral matrix with the surrounding corpus spongiosum in urological reconstructive surgery. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Tafti S, Khorramirouz R, Sabetkish S, Kameli S, Orangian S, et al. Evaluating the role of autologous mesenchymal stem cell seeded on decellularized pericardium in the treatment of myocardial infarction: an animal study. Cell Tissue Bank. 2017;18:527-538 pubmed publisher..This approach may involve the application of autologous ADMSCs seeded on pericardial patch in an attempt to regenerate a contractible myocardium in an animal model of MI. ..
- Kajbafzadeh A, Tajik P. A novel technique for approximation of the symphysis pubis in bladder exstrophy without pelvic osteotomy. J Urol. 2006;175:692-7; discussion 697-8 pubmed..We evaluated the outcome of pubic bone approximation and internal fixation using a miniature metal plate and screws without osteotomy in children with bladder exstrophy...
- Kajbafzadeh A, Tanhaeivash R, Elmi A, Shirazi M, Talab S, Shabestari A. Three-dimensional anatomy of the pelvic bone in bladder exstrophy: comparison between patients managed with osteotomy and pubic symphysis internal fixation using metal plates. Urology. 2010;76:934-41; discussion 941 pubmed publisher
- Kajbafzadeh A, Rasouli M, Dianat S, Nezami B, Mahboubi A, Sina A. Urethral hydrodistension for management of urethral hypoplasia in prune belly syndrome: long-term results. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:2217-21 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of urethral hydrodistension for management of urethral hypoplasia in prune belly syndrome (PBS)...
- Kajbafzadeh A, Amini E, Javan Farazmand N, Sahebpour A. Complex genitourinary duplication affecting neurourologic and urodynamic findings: report of a case and review of the literature. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2013;26:e109-11 pubmed publisher..We report a case of complete bladder duplication associated with multiple non-genitourinary anomalies...