Mandana Mohyeddin Bonab
Affiliation: Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Are HLA antigens a risk factor for acute GVHD in thalassemic patients receiving HLA-identical stem cell transplantation?M Mohyeddin Bonab
Heamatology, Oncology, and BMT Research Center, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Transplant Proc 36:3190-3. 2004..These data may provide useful guidelines to choose strategies for treatment and prevention...
- Does mesenchymal stem cell therapy help multiple sclerosis patients? Report of a pilot studyMandana Mohyeddin Bonab
Hematology Oncology and BMT Research Center, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Immunol 4:50-7. 2007..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) with their potential to differentiate into mesodermal and non-mesodermal lineages have several immunomodulatory characteristics. These properties make them promising tools in cell and gene therapy...
- Evaluation of cytokines in multiple sclerosis patients treated with mesenchymal stem cellsMandana Mohyeddin Bonab
Research Center of Molecular Immunology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Med Res 44:266-72. 2013..Cytokines have a profound effect on the resultant immune responses. This study aims to evaluate variations in the cytokine profile of multiple sclerosis patients treated with autologous MSC...
- Aging of mesenchymal stem cell in vitroMandana Mohyeddin Bonab
Hematology Oncology and BMT Research Center, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
BMC Cell Biol 7:14. 2006..The low frequency of this subpopulation of stem cells in bone marrow (BM) necessitates their in vitro expansion prior to clinical use. We evaluated the effect of long term culture on the senescence of these cells...
- Autologous in vitro expanded mesenchymal stem cell therapy for human old myocardial infarctionMandana Mohyeddin-Bonab
Immunogenetics Laboratory, Department of Immunology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:467-73. 2007..In this study, we investigated the efficacy of autologous bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells in improving heart function in patients with old myocardial infarction...
- Autologous mesenchymal stem cell therapy in progressive multiple sclerosis: an open label studyMandana Mohyeddin Bonab
Immunogenetics Research Centre, Department of Immunology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 7:407-14. 2012..Repeating the study with a larger sample size, booster injections and longer follow-up using a controlled study design is advised...
- Phase 1 trial of autologous bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in patients with decompensated liver cirrhosisMehdi Mohamadnejad
Digestive Disease Research Center, Medical Sciences Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:459-66. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine the safety and feasibility of autologous bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in patients with decompensated liver cirrhosis...
- Microchimerism and stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosisBehrouz Nikbin
Immunogenetic Research Center, Department of Immunology, College of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14155, Iran
Int Rev Neurobiol 79:173-202. 2007..Due to the dichotomous properties of MSC, suppressing aggressive immune dysfunction while promoting damaged tissue repair, they may be appropriate therapy for MS...
- Role of B cells in pathogenesis of multiple sclerosisBehrouz Nikbin
Department of Immunology, Immunogenetic Research Center, College of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14155, Iran
Int Rev Neurobiol 79:13-42. 2007..For this reason, further investigation is necessary to determine whether depletion of B cells or antibodies may restore immune function...