Affiliation: Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
Location: Tehran, IRAN
- Analysis of smoking behaviour among Iranian population: a cohort and period analysisA Mosavi-Jarrahi
Department of Social Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, IR Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 5:66-9. 2004..The patterns of smoking in ageing cohorts are important to public health authorities. The aim of this study is to describe the patterns of smoking among Iranian population...
- An unexpectedly high incidence of acute childhood diarrhea in Koot-Abdollah, Ahwaz, IranAli Asghar Kolahi
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Evin, PO Box 193954719, Tehran, Iran
Int J Infect Dis 14:e618-21. 2010..This study was designed to measure the incidence of acute childhood diarrhea in this neighborhood...
- Evaluation of semen variables, sperm chromosomal abnormalities and reproductive endocrine profile in patients with chronic hepatitis CMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
BJU Int 105:79-86. 2010..To evaluate reproductive endocrine profile, sperm chromosomal abnormalities, and semen quality in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- The effect of the mode of delivery on the quality of life, sexual function, and sexual satisfaction in primiparous women and their husbandsMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
J Sex Med 6:1645-67. 2009..Exploring the hypothesis that "sexual function" is associated with mode of delivery is important, because sexual health is an integral part of general health...
- Estimating the incidence of leukemia attributable to occupational exposure in IranAlireza Mosavi-Jarrahi
Dept of Epidemiology, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:67-70. 2009..The aim this study was to estimate the fraction of leukemia incidence in Iran attributable to occupational exposure to benzene, ionizing radiation, and ethylene oxide...
- Safety and efficacy of sildenafil citrate in treating erectile dysfunction in patients with combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder: a double-blind, randomized and placebo-controlled studyMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Centre, Shahid Beheshti University Research Centre, Tehran, Iran
BJU Int 104:376-83. 2009..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of sildenafil citrate for treating erectile dysfunction (ED) in patients with combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Penile revascularization for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of effectiveness and complicationsAli Reza Babaei
Department of Plastic Surgery, AJA University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 6:1-7. 2009..We aimed to determine the subjective and objective outcomes of PR surgery in patients with arteriogenic ED...
- The effects of intensive, long-term treadmill running on reproductive hormones, hypothalamus-pituitary-testis axis, and semen quality: a randomized controlled studyMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
J Endocrinol 200:259-71. 2009..These parameters improved to their pre-exercise level during the recovery period. Long-term strenuous treadmill exercises (overtraining syndrome) have a deleterious effect on reproduction...
- The impact of an urban sewerage system on childhood diarrhoea in Tehran, Iran: a concurrent control field trialAli Asghar Kolahi
Shahid Beheshti University, M C, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Community Medicine, Evin, Tehran, Iran
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 103:500-5. 2009..1 and 10.5%, respectively. Data collected from 4179 children demonstrated that the diarrhoea incidence had decreased by 46% in the intervention group, whereas it had decreased by 37% in the controls...
- Comparison of the upper lip bite test with measurement of thyromental distance for prediction of difficult intubationsAlireza Salimi
Department of Anesthesiology, Loghman Hakim Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University, M C, Tehran, Iran
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 46:61-5. 2008..Given the necessity for evaluation and re-evaluation of a newer predictive method, this study was conducted to compare the ULBT with another method for difficult airway prediction, the measurement of thyromental distance (TMD)...
- First febrile convulsions: inquiry about the knowledge, attitudes and concerns of the patients' mothersAli Asghar Kolahi
Department of Community Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University, M C, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Pediatr 168:167-71. 2009..From this study, we conclude that parental fear of febrile convulsion is a major problem, with serious negative consequences affecting daily familial life...
- Ilioinguinal nerve excision in open mesh repair of inguinal hernia--results of a randomized clinical trial: simple solution for a difficult problem?Fatemeh Malekpour
Department of General Surgery, Loghman Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
Am J Surg 195:735-40. 2008..This study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of ilioinguinal nerve excision, a concept previously proposed to be performed during open hernia mesh repair, on postsurgical pain and hyposthesia...
- Comparison of vitamin E and propionyl-L-carnitine, separately or in combination, in patients with early chronic Peyronie's disease: a double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized studyMohammad Reza Safarinejad
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Urol 178:1398-403; discussion 1403. 2007..We compared the efficacy and safety of oral vitamin E and propionyl-L-carnitine, separately or in combination, for the treatment of Peyronie's disease...
- Assessing the impact of nutrition education on growth indices of Iranian nomadic children: an application of a modified beliefs, attitudes, subjective-norms and enabling-factors modelMousa Salehi
College of Nutrition Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University, West Arghavani Street, Tehran, Iran
Br J Nutr 91:779-87. 2004..Such practices could improve child growth even under conditions of poverty...
- Postcards in Persia: randomised controlled trial to reduce suicidal behaviours 12 months after hospital-treated self-poisoningHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
Br J Psychiatry 198:309-16. 2011..Hospital-treated self-poisoning is common, with limited effective interventions for reducing subsequent suicidal behaviour...