Affiliation: Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
- Tramadol-induced apneaHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Department of Clinical Toxicology, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Scienses, Tehran 13336, Iran
Am J Emerg Med 31:26-31. 2013..The aim of this study is to determine the prevalence of and predisposing factors for tramadol-related apnea in patients referred to our center...
- Gastric ventilation: a new approach to metal phosphide fumigant ingestionHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Clinical Toxicology, Loghman Hakim Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 50:435-7. 2012..This case report discusses probable benefit, availability, and simplicity of this treatment. We suggest that further clinical trials are required to confirm that this treatment improves outcomes in this highly toxic poisoning...
- Consequence of body packing of illicit drugsHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Department of Clinical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:20-3. 2007..One of these methods of illicit drug smuggling is body packing. Smuggling by intra-abdominal concealment is called "body packing". In this research, mortality rate was investigated due to body packing in Tehran...
- Prognostic factors in methanol poisoningH Hassanian-Moghaddam
Poison Control Center, Loghman Hakim Hospital, School of Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 26:583-6. 2007..In our study, poor prognosis was associated with pH<7, coma on admission and >24 hours delay from intake to admission...
- Factors associated with nonbenzodiazepine antiepileptic drug intoxication: analysis of 9,809 registered cases of drug poisoningHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Toxicology, Loghman Hakim Poison Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University, MC, Tehran, Iran
Epilepsia 51:979-83. 2010..The aim of this study was to identify risk factors for nonbenzodiazepine AED (NBAED) intoxication...
- Postcards in Persia: randomised controlled trial to reduce suicidal behaviours 12 months after hospital-treated self-poisoningHossein Hassanian-Moghaddam
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University MC, Tehran, Iran
Br J Psychiatry 198:309-16. 2011..Hospital-treated self-poisoning is common, with limited effective interventions for reducing subsequent suicidal behaviour...
- Tricyclic antidepressants intoxication in Tehran, Iran: epidemiology and associated factorsSaied Dianat
Sina Trauma and Surgery Research Center, Sina Hospital, Tehrarn University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 30:283-8. 2011..There are a few studies about factors associated with TCA intoxication. This study therefore aimed to identify determinants of this type of intoxication...
- Swallowed opium packets: CT diagnosisMorteza Sanei Taheri
Radiology Department, Loghman Hakim Hospital, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Abdom Imaging 33:262-6. 2008..The aim of this study is to report our experience in diagnosis of the opium body packers with CT scan...