Affiliation: Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
- Moosavian S, Sahebkar A. Aptamer-functionalized liposomes for targeted cancer therapy. Cancer Lett. 2019;448:144-154 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a comprehensive overview of aptamer-targeted liposomes based on the molecular targets on the surface of cancer cells. ..
- Pirro M, Simental Mendia L, Bianconi V, Watts G, Banach M, Sahebkar A. Effect of Statin Therapy on Arterial Wall Inflammation Based on 18F-FDG PET/CT: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Interventional Studies. J Clin Med. 2019;8: pubmed publisher..Larger clinical trials should clarify whether either cholesterol-lowering or other pleiotropic mechanisms were responsible for this effect. ..
- Zangui M, Atkin S, Majeed M, Sahebkar A. Current evidence and future perspectives for curcumin and its analogues as promising adjuncts to oxaliplatin: state-of-the-art. Pharmacol Res. 2019;141:343-356 pubmed publisher..Despite all of the promising evidence to date, there is a scarcity of supportive evidence from clinical trials on the adjuvant use of curcumin, which needs future translational and clinical studies. ..
- Mohammadi A, Blesso C, Barreto G, Banach M, Majeed M, Sahebkar A. Macrophage plasticity, polarization and function in response to curcumin, a diet-derived polyphenol, as an immunomodulatory agent. J Nutr Biochem. 2018;66:1-16 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in this review, we summarized whether curcumin can influence macrophage polarization, surface molecule expression, cytokine and chemokine production and their underlying pathways in the prevention of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Momtazi Borojeni A, Ayati S, Jaafari M, Sahebkar A. A simple and rapid-acting approach for the reduction of C-reactive protein. Biomed Pharmacother. 2019;109:2305-2308 pubmed publisher..47% (16.32-31.63%, p = 0.0025) which was a smaller effect compared with the nanoliposomal preparations. In conclusion, negatively charged nanoliposomes could efficiently reduce the elevated serum levels of CRP in CFA-challenged mice. ..
- Bavarsad K, Riahi M, Saadat S, Barreto G, Atkin S, Sahebkar A. Protective effects of curcumin against ischemia-reperfusion injury in the liver. Pharmacol Res. 2019;141:53-62 pubmed publisher..This paper gives an overview of the protective effects of curcumin against I/R injury in the liver and discusses the studies that have linked biological functions of curcumin with liver I/R injury improvement. ..
- Pourmasoumi M, Hadi A, Najafgholizadeh A, Kafeshani M, Sahebkar A. Clinical evidence on the effects of saffron (Crocus sativus L.) on cardiovascular risk factors: A systematic review meta-analysis. Pharmacol Res. 2019;139:348-359 pubmed publisher..Present meta-analysis suggests that saffron might be beneficial in several outcomes related with cardiovascular disease. However, further RCTs with long term intervention with different dose of administration are needed. ..
- Mollazadeh H, Atkin S, Butler A, Ruscica M, Sirtori C, Sahebkar A. The effect of statin therapy on endoplasmic reticulum stress. Pharmacol Res. 2018;137:150-158 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the concept of ER stress, the underlying molecular mechanisms and their relationship to the pathophysiology and, finally, the role of statins in moderating ER stress and UPR. ..
- Jamebozorgi K, Taghizadeh E, Rostami D, Pormasoumi H, Barreto G, Hayat S, et al. Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Parkinson Treatment: Future Therapeutic Perspectives. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Although these methods currently have a series of challenges, they seem to be promising techniques for Parkinson's treatment in future. In this study, these prospective therapeutic approaches are reviewed. ..
- Ganjali S, Ricciuti B, Pirro M, Butler A, Atkin S, Banach M, et al. High-Density Lipoprotein Components and Functionality in Cancer: State-of-the-Art. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2019;30:12-24 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to provide a comprehensive overview of the crosstalk between HDLs and cancer, focusing on the molecular mechanisms underlying this association. ..
- Moossavi M, Parsamanesh N, Bahrami A, Atkin S, Sahebkar A. Role of the NLRP3 inflammasome in cancer. Mol Cancer. 2018;17:158 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge on the contribution of the NLRP3 inflammasome on potential cancer promotion and therapy. ..
- Zamani P, Fereydouni N, Butler A, Navashenaq J, Sahebkar A. The therapeutic and diagnostic role of exosomes in cardiovascular diseases. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize and assess the functional roles of exosomes in cardiovascular physiology, cell-to-cell communication and cardio-protective effects in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Sahebkar A. Head-to-head comparison of fibrates versus statins for elevation of circulating adiponectin concentrations: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Metabolism. 2013;62:1876-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, differential effects of statins and fibrates on the occurrence of cardiovascular events may not be attributed to the corresponding changes in adiponectin levels. ..
- Abdolmaleki F, Gheibi Hayat S, Bianconi V, Johnston T, Sahebkar A. Atherosclerosis and immunity: A perspective. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..This paper summarizes the pathophysiology of atherosclerotic disease as it relates to the contribution from the immune system, reviewing the crucial role of macrophages, T and B lymphocytes. ..
- Bagherniya M, Butler A, Barreto G, Sahebkar A. The effect of fasting or calorie restriction on autophagy induction: A review of the literature. Ageing Res Rev. 2018;47:183-197 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both fasting and CR have a role in the upregulation of autophagy, the evidence overwhelmingly suggesting that autophagy is induced in a wide variety of tissues and organs in response to food deprivation. ..
- Korani S, Korani M, Bahrami S, Johnston T, Butler A, Banach M, et al. Application of nanotechnology to improve the therapeutic benefits of statins. Drug Discov Today. 2019;24:567-574 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss nano-sized drug delivery systems to enhance the therapeutic potential of statins. ..
- Yaribeygi H, Katsiki N, Behnam B, Iranpanah H, Sahebkar A. MicroRNAs and type 2 diabetes mellitus: Molecular mechanisms and the effect of antidiabetic drug treatment. Metabolism. 2018;87:48-55 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms include involvement of miRs in beta cells development, insulin sensitivity/resistance, insulin production/secretion and insulin signaling. The effects of antidiabetic drugs on miRs are also discussed. ..
- Parsamanesh N, Moossavi M, Bahrami A, Butler A, Sahebkar A. Therapeutic potential of curcumin in diabetic complications. Pharmacol Res. 2018;136:181-193 pubmed publisher..The current review focuses on the possible molecular targets and pathways involved in diabetic complications and, in particular, the multi-target approach of curcumin in attenuating diabetic nephropathy, retinopathy, and neuropathy. ..
- Bahrami A, Parsamanesh N, Atkin S, Banach M, Sahebkar A. Effect of statins on toll-like receptors: a new insight to pleiotropic effects. Pharmacol Res. 2018;135:230-238 pubmed publisher..In this review, we have focused on the impact and mechanism of action of statins on cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Yaribeygi H, Katsiki N, Butler A, Sahebkar A. Effects of antidiabetic drugs on NLRP3 inflammasome activity, with a focus on diabetic kidneys. Drug Discov Today. 2019;24:256-262 pubmed publisher..In addition, we discuss whether these drugs can also modulate NLRP3 inflammasome activity in renal tissues. ..
- Khademi F, Taheri R, Momtazi Borojeni A, Farnoosh G, Johnston T, Sahebkar A. Potential of Cationic Liposomes as Adjuvants/Delivery Systems for Tuberculosis Subunit Vaccines. Rev Physiol Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;175:47-69 pubmed publisher..These properties suggest the use of cationic liposomes to produce an efficient vaccine against TB infections. ..
- Mohammadi A, Sharifi A, Pourpaknia R, Mohammadian S, Sahebkar A. Manipulating macrophage polarization and function using classical HDAC inhibitors: Implications for autoimmunity and inflammation. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2018;128:1-18 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how emerging classes of pharmacological agents which developed for use as anti-cancer agents, have been applied as anti-inflammatory drugs to treat macrophage-mediated inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Abadi A, Mahdavi M, Khaledi A, Esmaeili S, Esmaeili D, Sahebkar A. Study of serum bactericidal and splenic activity of Total-OMP- CagA combination from Brucella abortus and Helicobacter pylori in BALB/c mouse model. Microb Pathog. 2018;121:100-105 pubmed publisher..001). Our results showed that the combination vaccine was effective against an oral exposure and the bacterial burden in the spleen, serum and gastric tissues were reduced in mice immunized with the Total- OMP-CagA. ..
- Bavarsad K, Barreto G, Hadjzadeh M, Sahebkar A. Protective Effects of Curcumin Against Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in the Nervous System. Mol Neurobiol. 2019;56:1391-1404 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the protective effects of curcumin against I/R injury in the nervous system and highlight the studies that have linked biological functions of curcumin and I/R injury improvement. ..
- Panahi Y, Khalili N, Hosseini M, Abbasinazari M, Sahebkar A. Lipid-modifying effects of adjunctive therapy with curcuminoids-piperine combination in patients with metabolic syndrome: results of a randomized controlled trial. Complement Ther Med. 2014;22:851-7 pubmed publisher..Curcuminoids-piperine combination is an efficacious adjunctive therapy in patients with MS and can modify serum lipid concentrations beyond what is achieved with standard of care. ..
- Forouzanfar F, Butler A, Banach M, Barreto G, Sahbekar A. Modulation of heat shock proteins by statins. Pharmacol Res. 2018;134:134-144 pubmed publisher..This review provides new insights into the mechanisms of action of statins in the regulation of HSPs. A better understanding of this involvement can help in development of new and more effective treatment strategies for CVD. ..
- Momtazi A, Shahabipour F, Khatibi S, Johnston T, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. Curcumin as a MicroRNA Regulator in Cancer: A Review. Rev Physiol Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;171:1-38 pubmed
- Ghandadi M, Sahebkar A. MicroRNA-34a and its target genes: Key factors in cancer multidrug resistance. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22:933-9 pubmed..This review focuses on the in vitro, experimental and clinical findings dealing with the role of miR-34a downregulation in MDR, and potential therapeutic opportunities arising from this role of miR-34a. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Sahebkar A. Ellagic Acid and Its Role in Chronic Diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;928:473-479 pubmed..The aim of this chapter will be to summarize potential benefits of ellagic acid supplementation in chronic diseases. ..
- Panahi Y, Hosseini M, Khalili N, Naimi E, Simental Mendia L, Majeed M, et al. Effects of curcumin on serum cytokine concentrations in subjects with metabolic syndrome: A post-hoc analysis of a randomized controlled trial. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;82:578-82 pubmed publisher..Results of the present study suggest that curcumin supplementation significantly decreases serum concentrations of pro-inflammatory cytokines in subjects with MetS. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Simental MendÃa L, Bo S, Sahebkar A. Effect of curcumin on circulating interleukin-6 concentrations: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Pharmacol Res. 2016;111:394-404 pubmed publisher..80, -0.23; p=0.005). This meta-analysis of RCTs suggested a significant effect of curcumin in lowering circulating IL-6 concentrations. This effect appears to be more evident in patients with higher degrees of systemic inflammation. ..
- Saeidinia A, Keihanian F, Butler A, Bagheri R, Atkin S, Sahebkar A. Curcumin in heart failure: A choice for complementary therapy?. Pharmacol Res. 2018;131:112-119 pubmed publisher..In this review, we have assessed the mechanisms by which curcumin may exert its effects in different models of heart failure and show that it has promise as a complementary treatment in heart failure. ..
- Mohajeri M, Sahebkar A. Protective effects of curcumin against doxorubicin-induced toxicity and resistance: A review. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2018;122:30-51 pubmed publisher..Coadministration of CUR and DOX is capable of ameliorating DOX toxicity pertained to antioxidant, apoptosis, autophagy, and mitochondrial permeability. ..
- Simental Mendia L, Simental Mendia M, Sánchez García A, Banach M, Atkin S, Gotto A, et al. Effect of fibrates on glycemic parameters: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Pharmacol Res. 2018;132:232-241 pubmed publisher..766) following omission of one of the included trials. This meta-analysis has shown that fibrate treatment significantly decreases fasting plasma glucose, insulin levels, and HOMA-IR indicating additional clinical therapeutic benefits. ..
- Bagherniya M, Nobili V, Blesso C, Sahebkar A. Medicinal plants and bioactive natural compounds in the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A clinical review. Pharmacol Res. 2018;130:213-240 pubmed publisher..All natural products described in this review seem to have some benefits to improve oxidative stress, cellular inflammation and insulin-resistance, which always remain as the "primum movens" of NAFLD pathogenesis. ..
- Akaberi M, Sobhani Z, Javadi B, Sahebkar A, Emami S. Therapeutic effects of Aloe spp. in traditional and modern medicine: A review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:759-772 pubmed publisher..which have not been studied and require confirmatory experimental or clinical investigations. It is hoped that the present study could stimulate further research on the unexplored aspects of the medicinal properties of Aloe spp. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Sahebkar A. Piperine and Its Role in Chronic Diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;928:173-184 pubmed..The aim of this chapter is to summarize the effects of piperine, alone or in combination with other drugs and phytochemicals, in chronic diseases. ..
- Mirzaei H, Salehi H, Oskuee R, Mohammadpour A, Mirzaei H, Sharifi M, et al. The therapeutic potential of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells producing CXCL10 in a mouse melanoma lung metastasis model. Cancer Lett. 2018;419:30-39 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrated that targeting metastatic tumor sites by hADSC expressing IP-10 could reduce melanoma tumor growth and lung metastasis. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Sahebkar A. Auraptene and Its Role in Chronic Diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;929:399-407 pubmed..The aim of this chapter is to review the effects of auraptene in the prevention and treatment of different chronic diseases. ..
- Ferretti G, Bacchetti T, Sahebkar A. Effect of statin therapy on paraoxonase-1 status: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 25 clinical trials. Prog Lipid Res. 2015;60:50-73 pubmed publisher..The increase of paraoxonase and arylesterase activities with statins is a pleiotropic lipid-independent clinical benefit that may partly explain the putative effects of statins in preventing cardiovascular outcomes. ..
- Di Giosia P, Giorgini P, Stamerra C, Petrarca M, Ferri C, Sahebkar A. Gender Differences in Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, and Treatment of Hypertension. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2018;20:13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, further clinical research is needed to uncover potential gender differences in hypertension to promote the development of a gender-oriented approach to antihypertensive treatment. ..
- Panahi Y, Hosseini M, Khalili N, Naimi E, Soflaei S, Majeed M, et al. Effects of supplementation with curcumin on serum adipokine concentrations: A randomized controlled trial. Nutrition. 2016;32:1116-22 pubmed publisher..238). Curcumin can improve serum levels of adiponectin and leptin in patients with metabolic syndrome. This trial was registered at the UMIN Clinical Trials Registry (http://www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/) under Trial No. UMIN000018339. ..
- Pirro M, Mannarino M, Bianconi V, Simental MendÃa L, Bagaglia F, Mannarino E, et al. The effects of a nutraceutical combination on plasma lipids and glucose: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Pharmacol Res. 2016;110:76-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present results suggest that NComb supplementation is associated with improvement of lipid and glucose profile. Short-term beneficial effects of NComb supplementation appear to be maintained in the long term. ..
- Shabgah A, Navashenaq J, Shabgah O, Mohammadi H, Sahebkar A. Interleukin-22 in human inflammatory diseases and viral infections. Autoimmun Rev. 2017;16:1209-1218 pubmed publisher..IL22 has important functions in host defense at mucosal surfaces as well as in tissue repair. In this review, we assess the current understanding of this cytokine and focus on the possible roles of IL-22 in autoimmune diseases. ..
- Momtazi A, Banach M, Pirro M, Katsiki N, Sahebkar A. Regulation of PCSK9 by nutraceuticals. Pharmacol Res. 2017;120:157-169 pubmed publisher..The present review aims to collect available data on the nutraceuticals with PCSK9-inhibitory effect and the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Ferretti G, Bacchetti T, Simental Mendia L, Reiner Z, Banach M, Sahebkar A. Raloxifene Lowers Plasma Lipoprotein(a) Concentrations: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trials. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2017;31:197-208 pubmed publisher..001). Results of the present meta-analysis showed a reduction in plasma Lp(a) concentrations of postmenopausal women with oral raloxifene treatment. ..
- Shakeri A, Sahebkar A. Opinion Paper: Nanotechnology: A Successful Approach to Improve Oral Bioavailability of Phytochemicals. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2016;10:4-6 pubmed
- Ganjali S, Dallinga Thie G, Simental Mendia L, Banach M, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. HDL functionality in type 1 diabetes. Atherosclerosis. 2017;267:99-109 pubmed publisher..In the current review, we will provide a detailed overview of the current evidence for a role of HDL function as independent risk factor for the development of CVD in T1D. ..
- Sahebkar A, Simental Mendia L, Watts G, Serban M, Banach M. Comparison of the effects of fibrates versus statins on plasma lipoprotein(a) concentrations: a systematic review and meta-analysis of head-to-head randomized controlled trials. BMC Med. 2017;15:22 pubmed publisher..788). Fibrates have a significantly greater effect in reducing plasma Lp(a) concentrations than statins. Addition of fibrates to statins can enhance the Lp(a)-lowering effect of statins. ..
- Cicero A, Pirro M, Watts G, Mikhailidis D, Banach M, Sahebkar A. Effects of Allopurinol on Endothelial Function: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trials. Drugs. 2018;78:99-109 pubmed publisher..88%, 95% CI - 1.15-2.91, p = 0.395; I 2: 80.88%). This meta-analysis of available RCTs suggests a significant benefit from allopurinol intake in increasing FMD in humans, independent of its effect on SUA levels. ..
- Shafiee M, Arekhi S, Omranzadeh A, Sahebkar A. Saffron in the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mental disorders: Current evidence and potential mechanisms of action. J Affect Disord. 2018;227:330-337 pubmed publisher..Saffron may exert antidepressant effects and represents an efficacious and safe treatment. ..
- Panahi Y, Jadidi Niaragh F, Jamalkandi S, Ghanei M, Pedone C, Nikravanfard N, et al. Immunology of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Sulfur Mustard Induced Airway Injuries: Implications for Immunotherapeutic Interventions. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22:2975-96 pubmed
- Momtazi A, Derosa G, Maffioli P, Banach M, Sahebkar A. Role of microRNAs in the Therapeutic Effects of Curcumin in Non-Cancer Diseases. Mol Diagn Ther. 2016;20:335-45 pubmed publisher..Curcumin was found to modulate the expression of several pathogenic miRs in brain, ocular, renal, and liver diseases. The present systematic review was conducted to identify miRs that are regulated by curcumin in non-cancer diseases. ..
- Lelli D, Pedone C, Sahebkar A. Curcumin and treatment of melanoma: The potential role of microRNAs. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:832-834 pubmed publisher..Curcumin has a potential role in the treatment of melanoma, though further studies are necessary to explore its clinical efficacy. ..
- Panahi Y, Hosseini M, Khalili N, Naimi E, Majeed M, Sahebkar A. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcuminoid-piperine combination in subjects with metabolic syndrome: A randomized controlled trial and an updated meta-analysis. Clin Nutr. 2015;34:1101-8 pubmed publisher..Short-term supplementation with curcuminoid-piperine combination significantly improves oxidative and inflammatory status in patients with MetS. Curcuminoids could be regarded as natural, safe and effective CRP-lowering agents. ..
- Mohammadi A, Fazeli B, Taheri M, Sahebkar A, Poursina Z, Vakili V, et al. Modulatory effects of curcumin on apoptosis and cytotoxicity-related molecules in HTLV-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP) patients. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;85:457-462 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that curcumin supplementation increases cytotoxicity-related molecules granzyme A and granulysin in patients with HAM/TSP. ..
- Tayarani Najaran Z, Tayarani Najaran N, Sahebkar A, Emami S. A New Document on Smallpox Vaccination. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2016;9:287-289 pubmed publisher..Although the discoveries of scientists cannot be ignored, they are certainly based on the traditional and indigenous experiences that have been transferred from generation to generation until reaching us. ..
- Momtazi A, Banach M, Pirro M, Stein E, Sahebkar A. PCSK9 and diabetes: is there a link?. Drug Discov Today. 2017;22:883-895 pubmed publisher..Here, we assess the available evidence for the association of PCSK9 status with the incidence and control of DM in preclinical and clinical studies, and identify molecular mechanisms regulating PCSK9 expression in the diabetic state. ..
- Ganjali S, Blesso C, Banach M, Pirro M, Majeed M, Sahebkar A. Effects of curcumin on HDL functionality. Pharmacol Res. 2017;119:208-218 pubmed publisher..Further clinical trials with bioavailability-improved formulations of curcumin are warranted to examine its effects on lipid metabolism and HDL function. ..
- Shahabipour F, Caraglia M, Majeed M, Derosa G, Maffioli P, Sahebkar A. Naturally occurring anti-cancer agents targeting EZH2. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:325-335 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the pathways that are regulated by various natural products resulting in the suppression of EZH2, and provides a plausible molecular mechanism for the putative anti-cancer effects of these compounds. ..
- Yaribeygi H, Mohammadi M, Sahebkar A. Crocin potentiates antioxidant defense system and improves oxidative damage in liver tissue in diabetic rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;98:333-337 pubmed publisher..Crocin maybe a potential therapeutic candidate against diabetes-induced hepatic dysfunction by attenuating oxidative damage in the hepatic tissue. ..
- Simental Mendia L, Gotto A, Atkin S, Banach M, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. Effect of soy isoflavone supplementation on plasma lipoprotein(a) concentrations: A meta-analysis. J Clin Lipidol. 2018;12:16-24 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis of the 10 available randomized placebo-controlled trials revealed no significant effect of soy isoflavones treatment on plasma Lp(a) concentrations. ..
- Shahabipour F, Banach M, Johnston T, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. Novel approaches toward the generation of bioscaffolds as a potential therapy in cardiovascular tissue engineering. Int J Cardiol. 2017;228:319-326 pubmed publisher..This review highlights a novel approach to generate natural three dimensional myocardial scaffolds for clinical applications. ..
- Rezaee R, Momtazi A, Monemi A, Sahebkar A. Curcumin: A potentially powerful tool to reverse cisplatin-induced toxicity. Pharmacol Res. 2017;117:218-227 pubmed publisher..g. ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity and neurotoxicity). In this review, we provide a summary of the studies done to show the protective effects of curcumin against cisplatin failure and toxicity. ..
- Ganjali S, Momtazi A, Banach M, Kovanen P, Stein E, Sahebkar A. HDL abnormalities in familial hypercholesterolemia: Focus on biological functions. Prog Lipid Res. 2017;67:16-26 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we aim to fulfill this gap by identifying measures of HDL function that are impaired in FH, and by providing a concise summary on the impact of different lipid-modifying therapies on HDL functionality in FH. ..
- Ayati S, Fazeli B, Momtazi Borojeni A, Cicero A, Pirro M, Sahebkar A. Regulatory effects of berberine on microRNome in Cancer and other conditions. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2017;116:147-158 pubmed publisher..The role of miR regulation in the putative anti-diabetic effects of BBR is discussed, as well. ..
- Ganjali S, Momtazi Borojeni A, Banach M, Kovanen P, Gotto A, Sahebkar A. HDL functionality in familial hypercholesterolemia: effects of treatment modalities and pharmacological interventions. Drug Discov Today. 2018;23:171-180 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we aim to fulfill this gap and provide a concise summary on the impact of different lipid-modifying therapies on HDL functionality in FH. ..