Affiliation: Nuclear Medicine Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
Location: Mashhad, Iran
1- Sentinel node mapping in solid tumors
3- Parathyroid surgery
4- Meta-analysis and systematic review
- Kakhki V, Zakavi S, Sadeghi R, Yousefi A. Importance of gated imaging in both phases of myocardial perfusion SPECT: myocardial stunning after dipyridamole infusion. J Nucl Med Technol. 2006;34:88-91 pubmed..The difference between poststress LVEF and rest LVEF may have a powerful impact on prognosis, as it seems to depend on the extent and severity of induced ischemia. ..
- Forghani M, Memar B, Jangjoo A, Zakavi R, Mehrabibahar M, Kakhki V, et al. The effect of excisional biopsy on the accuracy of sentinel lymph node mapping in early stage breast cancer: comparison with core needle biopsy. Am Surg. 2010;76:1232-5 pubmed..False negative rate was 0 per cent for both groups of the study. In conclusion sentinel node biopsy is reliable in patients with previous history of excisional biopsy of the breast tumors and has a low false negative rate. ..
- Sadeghi R, Kazemzadeh G, Keshtgar M. Diagnostic application of lymphoscintigraphy in the management of lymphoedema. Hell J Nucl Med. 2010;13:6-10 pubmed..In this article we briefly explain the etiology and pathophysiology of LOE. Methodology and applications of LSG for the evaluation of this disease are extensively reviewed. ..
- Mommennezhad M, Zakavi S, Sadeghi R, Kakhki V. Review of the linogram and sinogram: an easy way to detect off-peak artifacts in myocardial perfusion SPECT. J Nucl Med Technol. 2009;37:188-90 pubmed publisher..This case emphasizes the importance of reviewing the sinogram display and raw data to assess the integrity of data acquisition and to reveal any potential technical problems such as a spontaneous shift of the photopeak. ..
- Sadeghi R, Zakavi S, Ghasemov M, Kakhki V. Age-related changes in skull uptake on bone scintigraphy: a quantitative study. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2008;11:67-9 pubmed..We suggest that every nuclear medicine department uses its own normal values and reference samples for quantitative evaluation, due to ethnic or socio-economical variations. ..
- Sadeghi R, Forghani M, Memar B, Abdollahi A, Zakavi S, Mashhadi M, et al. Comparison of pre-operative lymphoscintigraphy with inter-operative gamma probe and dye technique regarding the number of detected sentinel lymph nodes. Hell J Nucl Med. 2009;12:30-2 pubmed..7% and the blue dye technique can identify 75% of the SLN found by the gamma probe during surgery. The pre-operative LS technique can correctly identify the number of SLN in 77.5% of the patients. ..
- Sadeghi R, Gholami H, Zakavi S, Kakhki V, Tabasi K, Horenblas S. Accuracy of sentinel lymph node biopsy for inguinal lymph node staging of penile squamous cell carcinoma: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. J Urol. 2012;187:25-31 pubmed publisher..Using radiotracer and blue dye for sentinel lymph node mapping and including only cN0 disease ensures the highest detection rate and sensitivity. ..
- Kakhki V, Sadeghi R. Gated myocardial perfusion SPECT in patients with a small heart: effect of zooming and filtering. Clin Nucl Med. 2007;32:404-6 pubmed
- Ayati N, Malekshahi R, Zakavi S, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Aryana K, Sadeghi R. Systemic absorption of Tc-99m-pertechnetate during dacryoscintigraphy: a note of caution. Orbit. 2010;29:269-70 pubmed publisher..We recommend using tracers with large particle size and lower possibility of mucosal absorption for dacryoscintigraphy in order to decrease unnecessary thyroid radiation. ..
- Aliakbarian M, Memar B, Jangjoo A, Zakavi S, Reza Dabbagh Kakhki V, Aryana K, et al. Factors influencing the time of sentinel node visualization in breast cancer patients using intradermal injection of the radiotracer. Am J Surg. 2011;202:199-202 pubmed publisher..The objective of our study was to determine the important factors that have influence on the time of sentinel node visualization using intradermal injection of (99m)Tc-antimony sulfide colloid...
- Kakhki V, Zakavi S, Sadeghi R. Comparison of two software in gated myocardial perfusion single photon emission tomography, for the measurement of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction, in patients with and without perfusion defects. Hell J Nucl Med. 2007;10:19-23 pubmed..For the follow up of patients, we suggest the use of a single software either QGS or ECTb, for serial measurements of LV function. ..
- Asadi M, Mehrabi Bahar M, Sadeghi R, Jangjo A, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Zakavi S. Value of polyclonal human immunoglobulin tagged with ??mTc for detecting acute appendicitis in patients with intermediate probability of appendicitis. World J Surg. 2011;35:1798-802 pubmed publisher..99m)Tc-polyclonal IgG scanning has low sensitivity and moderate NPV for detecting appendicitis. Therefore, it is not a suitable tracer for excluding appendicitis. ..
- Abdollahi A, Jangjoo A, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Rasoul Zakavi S, Memar B, Naser Forghani M, et al. Factors affecting sentinel lymph node detection failure in breast cancer patients using intradermal injection of the tracer. Rev Esp Med Nucl. 2010;29:73-7 pubmed publisher..We also recommend that all surgeons pass the learning curve of sentinel lymph node biopsy before routinely performing this procedure. ..
- Zakavi S, Taherpour M, Saleh F, Sadeghi R, Kakhki V. Electrocardiographic changes after dipyridamole infusion in patients undergoing myocardial perfusion imaging. Nucl Med Commun. 2010;31:502-5 pubmed publisher..Reversible defects are associated with a lesser increment in heart rate, whereas QTc increment and severity of ST segment depression were significant predictors of summed difference score. ..
- Fallahi B, Saghari M, Fard Esfahani A, Eftekhari M, Iravani M, Beiki D, et al. The value of 99mTc-MIBI whole body scintigraphy in active and in remission multiple myeloma. Hell J Nucl Med. 2005;8:165-8 pubmed..Hence, in addition to the hematological and pathological findings, the 99mTc-MIBI scan may be considered as a relatively accurate non-invasive technique for the differential diagnosis of active-relapsed from in remission MM. ..
- Sadeghi R, Zakavi S, Forghani M, Aryana K, Kakhki V, Ayati N, et al. The efficacy of Tc-99m sestamibi for sentinel node mapping in breast carcinomas: comparison with Tc-99m antimony sulphide colloid. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2010;13:1-4 pubmed..To study the value of periareolar intra-dermal injection of Tc-99m sestamibi (MIBI) for sentinel node mapping in breast carcinoma...
- Javan H, Gholami H, Assadi M, Pakdel A, Sadeghi R, Keshtgar M. The accuracy of sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer patients with the history of previous surgical biopsy of the primary lesion: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2012;38:95-109 pubmed publisher..However, false negative rate seems to be slightly higher. We believe that the advantages of sentinel node biopsy outweigh this small difference. ..
- Sadeghi R, Zakavi R, Kakhki V. How to apply the evidence-based medicine concept to nuclear medicine diagnostic studies -- a review. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2009;12:59-64 pubmed..Systematic reviews are also explained to some extent. Appraisals of other kinds of study, such as interventional or prognosis studies, are not included in this review. ..
- Zakavi S, Jokar M, Kakhki V, Khazaei G, Sadeghi R. Significance of abnormal myocardial perfusion scintigraphy in young adult patients with SLE. Ann Nucl Med. 2009;23:725-8 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that myocardial perfusion abnormalities are fairly frequent in SLE patients but the defects are generally mild and do not advocate an adverse prognosis. ..
- Sadeghi R, Kakhki V, Zakavi R. Dramatic movement of a Meckel's diverticulum on Tc-99m pertechnetate imaging. Clin Nucl Med. 2007;32:460-1 pubmed
- Kakhki V, Sadeghi R, Zakavi S. Assessment of transient left ventricular dilation ratio via 2-day dipyridamole Tc-99m sestamibi nongated myocardial perfusion imaging. J Nucl Cardiol. 2007;14:529-36 pubmed..19. By use of this protocol, TID is not uncommon and it is related to a greater amount of ischemic burden as well as multivessel-type or LAD territory perfusion abnormality. ..
- Sadeghi R, Kianifar H, Kakhki V, Zakavi S, Ansari K. 99mTc sestamibi imaging - can it be a useful substitute for hepatobiliary scintigraphy in infantile jaundice?. Nuklearmedizin. 2009;48:100-3 pubmed publisher..Bowel visualization with 99mTc MIBI may be seen in patients with biliary atresia and 99mTc MIBI has limited value in differential diagnosis of neonatal cholestasis. ..
- Ali J, Alireza R, Mostafa M, Naser F, Bahram M, Ramin S. Comparison between one day and two days protocols for sentinel node mapping of breast cancer patients. Hell J Nucl Med. 2011;14:313-5 pubmed..Finding of the axillary sentinel node during surgery is also being easier. False negative rates as well as the detection rate for one day and two days protocols are comparable. ..
- Memar B, Sadeghi R, Ayati N, Aledavood S, Tghizadeh A, Naseri S, et al. The value of touch imprint cytology and frozen section for intra-operative evaluation of axillary sentinel lymph nodes. Pol J Pathol. 2010;61:161-5 pubmed..Touch imprint cytology is also a reliable method for intra-operative SN evaluation. Due to its high predictive value, TIC can be used first in the surgery room and FS can be saved for cases with negative results of TIC. ..
- Jangjoo A, Forghani M, Mehrabibahar M, Rezapanah A, Kakhki V, Zakavi S, et al. Comparison of early and delayed lymphoscintigraphy images of early breast cancer patients undergoing sentinel node mapping. Nucl Med Commun. 2010;31:521-5 pubmed....
- Sadeghi R, Forghani M, Memar B, Rajabi Mashhadi M, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Abdollahi A, et al. How long the lymphoscintigraphy imaging should be continued for sentinel lymph node mapping?. Ann Nucl Med. 2009;23:507-10 pubmed publisher..Thirty minutes after radiotracer injection seems to be the optimal time for lymphoscintigraphy and delayed imaging beyond 30 min would not be necessary. ..
- Sadeghi R, Kakhki V, Zakavi R, Momennezhad M. Gastroesophageal reflux detected on the myocardial perfusion scan with (99m)Tc-MIBI. Hell J Nucl Med. 2008;11:191-2 pubmed
- Ahmadihosseini H, Sadeghi R, Zakavi R, Kakhki V, Kakhki A. Application of technetium-99m-sestamibi in differentiation of active from inactive pulmonary tuberculosis using a single photon emission computed tomography method. Nucl Med Commun. 2008;29:690-4 pubmed publisher..99mTc-MIBI has significant uptake in the active tuberculosis lesions and can be used to differentiate between active and inactive tuberculosis. The SPECT method is especially useful because of its higher sensitivity. ..
- Sadeghi R, Hiradfar M, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Kajbafzadeh M. Radionuclide renography: a seldom used test for the detection of vesicoenteric fistula. Hell J Nucl Med. 2007;10:185-6 pubmed
- Sadeghi R, Tabasi K, Bazaz S, Kakhki V, Massoom A, Gholami H, et al. Sentinel node mapping in the prostate cancer. Meta-analysis. Nuklearmedizin. 2011;50:107-15 pubmed publisher..Cochrane Q value was 14.12 (I2 = 0.0 and p = 0.516). SL biopsy can prevent unnecessary pelvic lymph node dissection in prostate cancer patients. This procedure is feasible with low false negative rate and high detection rate. ..
- Naseri M, Sadeghi R. Role of high-dose hydrochlorothiazide in idiopathic hypercalciuric urolithiasis of childhood. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2011;5:162-8 pubmed..In addition, clinical and radiological data were not helpful to predict patients with better response to treatment. ..
- Sadeghi R, Gholami H, Zakavi S, Kakhki V, Horenblas S. Accuracy of 18F-FDG PET/CT for diagnosing inguinal lymph node involvement in penile squamous cell carcinoma: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. Clin Nucl Med. 2012;37:436-41 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current systematic review was to evaluate the accuracy of (18)F-FDG PET/CT for inguinal lymph node staging in penile squamous cell carcinoma and possible influential factors...
- Tehranian S, Treglia G, Krag D, Dabbagh Kakhki V, Zakavi S, Sadeghi R, et al. Sentinel node mapping in anal canal cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2013;22:321-8 pubmed..Large multicenter studies with long and consistent follow up are needed to definitely validate this technique in the future. ..