Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences
- Yari K, Payandeh M, Rahimi Z. Association of the hypermethylation status of PTEN tumor suppressor gene with the risk of breast cancer among Kurdish population from Western Iran. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:8145-52 pubmed publisher..001). Our findings indicated increased frequency of hypermethylation of PTEN promoter in the studied patients and their relatives that could be considered as one of the epigenetic factors affecting the risk of breast cancer in Iranians. ..
- Rahimi Z, Vaisi raygani A, Rahimi Z, Parsian A. Concomitant presence of endothelial nitric oxide 894T and angiotensin II-converting enzyme D alleles are associated with diabetic nephropathy in a Kurdish population from Western Iran. Nephrology (Carlton). 2012;17:175-81 pubmed publisher..This risk could be attributed to the increasing activity of ACE and angiotensin II level in the presence of D allele and decreasing NO production in the presence of T allele accelerating diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Rahimi Z, Malek Khosravi S, Rahimi Z, Jalilvand F, Parsian A. MTHFR C677T and eNOS G894T variants in preeclamptic women: Contribution to lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:143-7 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that MTHFR C677T polymorphism through affecting on TG level, lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress might be involved in the pathogenesis of severe preeclampsia. ..
- Mohammadi H, Joghataei M, Rahimi Z, Faghihi F, Khazaie H, Farhangdoost H, et al. Sex steroid hormones and sex hormone binding globulin levels, CYP17 MSP AI (-34T:C) and CYP19 codon 39 (Trp:Arg) variants in children with developmental stuttering. Brain Lang. 2017;175:47-56 pubmed publisher..The CYP17CC genotype was significantly associated with the disorder. ..
- Rahimi Z, Rahimi Z, Shahvaisi Zadeh F, Sadeghei S, Vessal M, Yavari N. eNOS 4a/b polymorphism and its interaction with eNOS G894T variants in type 2 diabetes mellitus: modifying the risk of diabetic nephropathy. Dis Markers. 2013;34:437-43 pubmed publisher..Also, we demonstrated that eNOS 4a or 894T allele alone increased the risk of developing DN but this effect was modified by the concomitant presence of both alleles. ..
- Rahimi Z, Nourozi Rad R, Rahimi Z, Parsian A. Strong interaction between T allele of endothelial nitric oxide synthase with B1 allele of cholesteryl ester transfer protein TaqIB highly elevates the risk of coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Hum Genomics. 2012;6:20 pubmed publisher..004). Our findings, for the first time, indicate that NOS3 T allele strongly interacts with CETP B1 allele to augment the risk of CAD and T2DM in the population of Western Iran. ..
- Rahimi Z, Mozafari H, Shahriari Ahmadi A, Alimogaddam K, Ghavamzadeh A, Aznab M, et al. Deep venous thrombosis and thrombophilic mutations in western Iran: association with factor V Leiden. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2010;21:385-8 pubmed publisher..2%). We have, for the first time, determined the prevalence of inherited thrombophilia in a homogenous ethnic group of DVT patients and shown that FVL may be a risk factor for DVT in western Iran. ..
- Rahimi Z, Muniz A, Parsian A. Detection of responsible mutations for beta thalassemia in the Kermanshah Province of Iran using PCR-based techniques. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:149-54 pubmed publisher..86%) and IVSI-1 (G-->A) (4.59%). All of these mutations accounted for 78.1% of the alleles. The results described here will be of valuable help in the development of successful prevention programs for the population of Kermanshah. ..
- Rahimi Z, Nomani H, Mozafari H, Vaisi raygani A, Madani H, Malek Khosravi S, et al. Factor V G1691A, prothrombin G20210A and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism C677T are not associated with coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus in western Iran. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2009;20:252-6 pubmed publisher..These findings are discussed in relation to available literature. ..
- Rahimi Z, Muniz A, Mozafari H. Abnormal hemoglobins among Kurdish population of Western Iran: hematological and molecular features. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:51-7 pubmed publisher..The result of present study is useful for clinical management and the establishment of screening programmes in Western Iran. ..
- Rahimi Z, Ghaderi M, Nagel R, Muniz A. Prevalence of thrombotic risk factors among beta-thalassemia patients from Western Iran. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2008;26:229-33 pubmed..It seems that thrombophilic mutations may not be associated with thrombotic events in thalassemic patients, which needs to be confirmed by the study of larger sample sizes. ..
- Rahimi Z, Vaisi raygani A, Mozafari H, Kharrazi H, Rezaei M, Nagel R. Prevalence of factor V Leiden (G1691A) and prothrombin (G20210A) among Kurdish population from Western Iran. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2008;25:280-3 pubmed
- Rahimi Z, Vaisi raygani A, Nagel R, Muniz A. Thrombophilic mutations among Southern Iranian patients with sickle cell disease: high prevalence of factor V Leiden. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2008;25:288-92 pubmed..Association between venous thrombophilia and factor V Leiden mutation in Iranians with sickle cell anemia should be further studied. ..