- Epilepsy audit: do we document everything?M Iqbal
Department of Neurology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 180:31-5. 2011..An audit of the hospital notes and letters of patients with epilepsy sent to general practitioners was undertaken...
- Is it important to classify ischaemic stroke?M Iqbal
University College Hospital, Newcastle Rd, Galway
Ir Med J 105:52-4. 2012..2%) patients with atrial fibrillation underwent CEA. This study revealed deficiencies in the clinical assessment of patients and treatment was not tailored to the mechanism of stroke in some patients...
- A case of Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome with possible myasthenia gravisM Iqbal
Department of Neurology, St James s Hospital, James s St, Dublin 8
Ir Med J 105:183-4. 2012..Neurophysiological studies were consistent with LEMS. Her work up for an underlying neoplasm was negative. She recently developed unilateral ptosis and diplopia which dramatically improved with pyridostigmine suggesting concomitant MG...
- Manganese toxicity with ephedrone abuse manifesting as parkinsonism: a case reportMudassir Iqbal
Department of Neurology, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Med Case Rep 6:52. 2012..abstract:..
- POEMS syndrome: cryoglobulinemia an unusual associationM Iqbal
Department of Neurology, University College Hospital, Galway, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 180:741-3. 2011..Associations between plasma cell dyscrasia and peripheral neuropathy were well recognized as early as the 1950s. In 1980, Bardwick coined the acronym POEMS (polyneuropathy, organomegaly, endocrinopathy, M protein and skin changes)...