- Sexual behavior among injection drug users in 3 indonesian cities carries a high potential for HIV spread to noninjectorsElizabeth Pisani
Family Health International, Asia Regional Office, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:403-6. 2003..To establish the prevalence of injecting practices that carry a risk of HIV infection among injection drug users (IDUs) in Indonesia and to examine the risk of sexual transmission of HIV from IDUs to noninjecting populations...
- HIV, syphilis infection, and sexual practices among transgenders, male sex workers, and other men who have sex with men in Jakarta, IndonesiaE Pisani
Family Health International, Asia Regional Office, Jakarta 10560, Indonesia
Sex Transm Infect 80:536-40. 2004..To establish the prevalence of HIV, syphilis, and sexual risk behaviour among three groups of men who have sex with men in Jakarta, Indonesia, and to investigate sexual links between these men and broader heterosexual populations...
- Back to basics in HIV prevention: focus on exposureElizabeth Pisani
Family Health International, Bangkok, Thailand
BMJ 326:1384-7. 2003
- HIV, STIs, and sexual behaviors among men who have sex with men in Phnom Penh, CambodiaPhilippe Girault
Family Health International, IMPACT, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
AIDS Educ Prev 16:31-44. 2004..Complex sexual networks indicate that men who have sex with men act as a bridge between higher and lower HIV prevalence populations. Better prevention efforts structured around behaviors rather than sexual identities are needed...
- HIV risk in Karachi and Lahore, Pakistan: an emerging epidemic in injecting and commercial sex networksAsma Bokhari
National AIDS Control Programme, Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan, Pakistan
Int J STD AIDS 18:486-92. 2007..The HIV epidemic has entered IDU and male and female commercial sex networks in Karachi and Lahore. Targeted intervention services must be scaled up and risk group surveillance intensified...
- HIV surveillance: a global perspectiveElizabeth Pisani
The Joint United Nations Program on HIV AIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:S3-11. 2003..In most countries, however, insufficient use is made of the information generated by these systems in terms of strengthening HIV prevention and care programs...
- Using HIV surveillance data: recent experiences and avenues for the futureCyril Pervilhac
World Health Organization, Switzerland bFutures Group, USA
AIDS 19:S53-8. 2005..The comparison of surveillance data with financial data provides added insights in the adequacy of the response. These findings and experiences set a new agenda for technical and structural directions to improve data use in countries...
- Condoms in preventing STIs: Sex is fun, remember?Elizabeth Pisani
BMJ 336:292. 2008
- Elizabeth PisaniPriya Shetty
Lancet 371:1497. 2008