- Shanker J, Perumal G, Rao V, Khadrinarasimhiah N, John S, Hebbagodi S, et al. Genetic studies on the APOA1-C3-A5 gene cluster in Asian Indians with premature coronary artery disease. Lipids Health Dis. 2008;7:33 pubmed publisher..The APOC3-Sac1 SNP is an important genetic variant that is associated with CAD through its interaction with plasma lipids and other standard risk factors among Asian Indians. ..
- Shanker J, Setty P, Arvind P, Nair J, Bhasker D, Balakrishna G, et al. Relationship between periodontal disease, Porphyromonas gingivalis, peripheral vascular resistance markers and coronary artery disease in Asian Indians. Thromb Res. 2013;132:e8-14 pubmed publisher..We examined the interrelationship between Periodontal disease, oral bacteria, surrogate sub-clinical markers and coronary artery disease (CAD) in a representative Asian Indian cohort...
- Arvind P, Nair J, Jambunathan S, Kakkar V, Shanker J. CELSR2-PSRC1-SORT1 gene expression and association with coronary artery disease and plasma lipid levels in an Asian Indian cohort. J Cardiol. 2014;64:339-46 pubmed publisher..PSRC1 in the cholesterol gene cluster shows a significant association with CAD by virtue of the two SNPs, rs646776 and rs599839 that also regulate plasma cholesterol levels. ..
- Arvind P, Jayashree S, Jambunathan S, Nair J, Kakkar V. Understanding gene expression in coronary artery disease through global profiling, network analysis and independent validation of key candidate genes. J Genet. 2015;94:601-10 pubmed..In conclusion, global gene expression profiling combined with network analysis can help in identifying key genes and pathways for CAD. ..
- Shanker J, Kakkar V. Contribution of classical and emerging risk factors to coronary artery disease in Asian Indians. Int J Cardiol. 2016;214:97-106 pubmed publisher..Addition of AIP and family history to conventional risk factors improved risk discrimination in Asian Indians with CAD. ..