Affiliation: Sehgal Nursing Home
- Unilateral pellucid marginal degenerationS K Basak
Disha Eye Hospitals and Research Centre, Barrackpore, West Bengal 743 001, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 48:233-4. 2000..Pellucid marginal degeneration (PMD) is a rare and usually a bilateral condition. We report a case of typical PMD with a unilateral presentation...
- Intravitreal live Gnathostoma spinigerumSamar K Basak
Disha Eye Hospitals and Research Centre, Barrackpore, West Bengal, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 52:57-8. 2004..Most of the published reports are from South-East Asia. We report a case of intravitreal gnathostomiasis, where the worm was removed live and intact by pars plana vitrectomy...
- Epidemiological and microbiological diagnosis of suppurative keratitis in Gangetic West Bengal, eastern IndiaSamar K Basak
Disha Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal 700 120, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 53:17-22. 2005..To determine the epidemiological pattern and risk factors involved in suppurative corneal ulceration in Gangetic West Bengal, eastern India, and to identify the specific microbial agents responsible for corneal infections...
- Persistent corneal edema secondary to presumed dead adult filarial worm in the anterior chamberSamar K Basak
Disha Eye Hospitals and Research Centre, Barrackpore, Kolkata 700 120, West Bengal, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:67-9. 2007..Two of them were initially diagnosed as descemet's fold with corneal edema. Two patients underwent penetrating keratoplasty and in one case, surgical removal was partly possible with clearing of cornea...
- Nuclear management in manual small incision cataract surgery by snare techniqueDebasish Bhattacharya
Disha Eye Hospital and Research Centre, Barrackpore, Kolkata 700 120, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:27-9. 2009..5 mm is recommended. Much evidence to this wonderful technique is not available in literature, as its popularity grew through live surgical workshops and small interactive conferences...