Affiliation: Sehgal Nursing Home
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of albendazole in improving nutritional status of pre-school children in urban slumsS Awasthi
Department of Pediatrics, King George s Medical College, Lucknow U P, India
Indian Pediatr 37:19-29. 2000..To study the clinical efficacy and the incremental cost-effectiveness of albendazole in improving the nutritional status of pre-school children...
- Six-monthly de-worming in infants to study effects on growthS Awasthi
Department of Pediatrics and Clinical Epidemiology Unit, King George s Medical College, Lucknow, India
Indian J Pediatr 68:823-7. 2001..5-1 year of age in populations with a high transmission rate of intestinal roundworm, Ascaris lumbricoides. It was a cluster randomized trial in the urban slums of Lucknow, North India...
- Fundamentals of clinical economics in health interventionsS Awasthi
Department of Pediatrics, King George s Medical College, Lucknow
Indian J Pediatr 67:352-7. 2000..Costs incurred at a later time are discounted. Such evaluations help us make informed decision to choose between various health interventions. Their increasing use in health research in the developing countries is needed...
- Effectiveness of BCG vaccination against tuberculous meningitisS Awasthi
Department of Pediatrics, King George s Medical College, Lucknow UP, India
Indian Pediatr 36:455-60. 1999..To assess the protective effectiveness of BCG vaccination against tuberculous meningitis, while controlling for age, nutrition and socio-economic status, in children 1 month to 12 years of age...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with worm infestation in pre-school children (6-23 months) in selected blocks of Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand, IndiaS Awasthi
Department of Pediatrics, CSMMU Upgraded King George Medical College, Lucknow, India
Indian J Med Sci 62:484-91. 2008..Intestinal worm infestation is widely prevalent in developing countries and can result in impaired nutrition and development...