Shuvendu Prosad Roy
- A useful surgical technique for retrieval of a broken guide pin in the midfootShuvendu Prosad Roy
Clinical Fellow, Adult Reconstruction, Foot and Ankle Division, Department of Orthopedics, National University Hospital, Singapore Electronic address
J Foot Ankle Surg 53:120-3. 2014..The technique was used in a delayed situation; however, we believe it would be even easier to use during an intraoperative breakage. ..
- Simultaneous bilateral tibial tuberosity avulsion fractures in adolescence: Case report and review of 60 years of literatureShuvendu P Roy
Department of Orthopaedics, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India Electronic address
Injury 44:1953-5. 2013..Most of the fractures require open reduction and internal fixation and usually heal well without any significant complications. ..
- A modified suture technique for fixation of the Akin osteotomyShuvendu Prosad Roy
Division of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, National University Health System, Singapore
J Foot Ankle Surg 52:276-8. 2013..However, the thin cortex of the phalanx can be prone to failure during suture application. We describe a new technique for suture fixation, which we have found to be reliable and to reduce the risk of phalangeal cortical failure...
- Efficacy of intra-articular tranexamic acid in blood loss reduction following primary unilateral total knee arthroplastyShuvendu Prosad Roy
Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Unit, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:2494-501. 2012..This prospective, double-blinded, randomized preliminary study evaluated the efficacy of intra-articular tranexamic acid in reducing TKA-associated post-operative blood loss...
- Functional outcome and limitation of sporting activities after bimalleolar and trimalleolar ankle fracturesChoon Chiet Hong
University Orthopaedic, Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery Cluster, National University Hospital, Singapore 119228, Singapore
Foot Ankle Int 34:805-10. 2013..We aimed to evaluate and compare the functional outcomes of operatively treated bimalleolar versus trimalleolar ankle fractures and the ability of patients to return to sporting activities...
- Unusual presentation of altered bone metabolism with long-term antiepileptic therapy: pathological fracture of neck of femur due to brown tumor at calcerSumit Kumar Jain
Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Center, Department of Orthopedics, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
Musculoskelet Surg 95:265-8. 2011..Secondary hyperparathyroidism due to vitamin D deficiency following long-term polytherapy of antiepileptic drug ultimately leading to development of brown tumor and pathological fracture is very unusual...