- Proposal for a new grading system for chronic pancreatitis: the ABC systemH Ramesh
Digestive Diseases Center, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, Kerala, India
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:67-70. 2002..Therapy for chronic pancreatitis depends on the clinical aspects of the disease, not purely on the duct morphology or histology...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm in tropical chronic pancreatitisH Ramesh
Department of Surgery, Lakeshore Hospital and Research Center, Cochin, Kerala, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 26:139-40. 2007..He has been asymptomatic after distal pancreatectomy...
- Surgery for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: feasibility and results of parenchyma-conserving liver resectionHariharan Ramesh
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, India
Dig Surg 21:114-22. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the value of parenchyma-conserving liver resection (resection of bile duct with liver segments I and IVb; PCLR) in hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Are some cases of infected pancreatic necrosis treatable without intervention?H Ramesh
Digestive Diseases Center, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, India
Dig Surg 20:296-9; discussion 300. 2003..Infected pancreatic necrosis is considered an absolute indication for interventional management such as percutaneous drainage or surgery. The presence of retroperitoneal air is a sign of anaerobic sepsis...
- Biliary access loops for intrahepatic stones: results of jejunoduodenal anastomosisHariharan Ramesh
Department of GI Surgery, Digestive Diseases Center, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, Kerala, India
ANZ J Surg 73:306-12. 2003..This operation is compared to other techniques in a critical appraisal of various biliary access procedures described for long-term management of intrahepatic -calculi...
- Port-site tuberculosis after laparoscopy: report of eight casesH Ramesh
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, PVS Memorial Hospital, 31 543, Subhash Nagar, Edappally, Cochin 682024, Kerala, India
Surg Endosc 17:930-2. 2003..tuberculosis. In light of the preceding information, the current practice of glutaraldehyde disinfection for reusable laparoscopes needs to be reexamined...
- Multidisciplinary approach in the long-term management of intrahepatic stones: Indian experienceK Prakash
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Digestive Diseases Center, P V S Memorial Hospital, Cochin, Kerala, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:209-13. 2004..Intrahepatic stones, though common in East Asia, are uncommon in India. There is paucity of data from India regarding the treatment and long-term outcome of patients with intrahepatic stones...
- CA 19-9 to differentiate benign and malignant masses in chronic pancreatitis: is there any benefit?M M S Bedi
Digestive Diseases Center, Lakeshore Hospitals, Cochin, Kerala, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 28:24-7. 2009..The role of the tumor marker CA 19-9 in differentiating benign from malignant masses in chronic pancreatitis has not been extensively studied...
- Brunner's gland adenoma with circumferential duodenal involvementD Varma
Digestive Diseases Center, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin
Indian J Gastroenterol 20:243-4. 2001..We report a 58-year-old man who presented with abdominal pain, vomiting and weight loss. The patient underwent Whipple resection along with lymph node clearance. The resected tumor, 4 cm long, showed hypertrophied Brunner's glands...
- Intussusception due to ileal metastases from renal cell carcinomaA Venugopal
Department of GI Surgery, Lakeshore Hospital and Research Center, Cochin 682304, Kerala, India
Trop Gastroenterol 28:35-6. 2007..Small bowel secondaries from renal cell carcinoma are rare. Patients usually present with features of intestinal obstruction or GI bleeding. Management should be aggressive since metastasectomy can improve the quality of life and survival...
- Surgical management of chronic pancreatitis with portal hypertension--a 19-year experienceH Ramesh
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Lakeshore Hospital, Cochin, India
Surgery 143:252-8. 2008..The objective of this retrospective analysis is to identify the demographics, presentation, management and outcomes among patients suffering from chronic pancreatitis with associated portal hypertension...
- Isolated duodeno-pancreatic involvement due to metastatic dysgerminoma ovary and its management by a modified pancreatico-duodenal resectionH Ramesh
Department of Gastroenterology, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, Kerala, India
Dig Surg 18:479-82. 2001..The clinical picture was complicated by the presence of tuberculous lesions in the liver which mimicked metastatic disease. Surgical excision was carried out using a modified pancreatic head resection...
- Arteriovenous malformation of the pancreatic head--difficulties in diagnosis and treatmentM Sharma
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Radiology, Lakeshore Hospital and Research Center, Cochin, Kerala, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 30:46-8. 2011..Repeated angiographic embolization did not obliterate the vascular malformation, and the symptoms eventually resolved after Whipple's pancreaticoduodenectomy...
- Primary tuberculous stricture of the oesophagus mimicking carcinomaK Prakash
Digestive Diseases Centre, PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi-682017, Kerala, India
Trop Gastroenterol 22:143-4. 2001..A stricture involving the lower third of oesophagus was identified but precise histology of the lesion could not be obtained even after multiple biopsies. The resected specimen showed histology consistent with oesophageal tuberculosis...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitisK Prakash
Digestive Diseases Centre, PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi, Kerala, India 682017
Surg Endosc 16:180-3. 2002....
- End-to-end anastomosis of pancreasH Ramesh
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, Kerala, India
Surgery 131:691-3. 2002
- Ductal drainage with head coring in chronic pancreatitis with small-duct diseaseHariharan Ramesh
Department of GI Surgery, PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, India
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 10:366-72. 2003..To assess prospectively the feasibility of drainage procedures in patients with chronic pancreatitis and small ducts...
- Impact of margin width on outcome after resection of colorectal liver metastasesM M S Bedi
Ann Surg 247:905; author reply 905-6. 2008