Affiliation: National Brain Research Centre
- Lesions of mature barrel field cortex interfere with sensory processing and plasticity in connected areas of the contralateral hemisphereV Rema
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
J Neurosci 23:10378-87. 2003....
- Short exposure to an enriched environment accelerates plasticity in the barrel cortex of adult ratsV Rema
National Brain Research Centre, Nainwal Mode, Manesar, Haryana 122050, India
Neuroscience 140:659-72. 2006..We conclude that elevated activity achieves the threshold for response modification more quickly, and this, in turn, accelerates the rate of receptive field plasticity...
- Cytidine-5-diphosphocholine supplement in early life induces stable increase in dendritic complexity of neurons in the somatosensory cortex of adult ratsV Rema
National Brain Research Centre, NH 8, Nainwal Mode, Manesar, Haryana 122050, India
Neuroscience 155:556-64. 2008..Significant increase in dendritic growth and branching of pyramidal neurons from the somatosensory cortex resulted in enlarging the surface area occupied by the neurons which we speculate will augment processing of sensory information...
- Effect of enriched environment rearing on impairments in cortical excitability and plasticity after prenatal alcohol exposureV Rema
Institute for Developmental Neuroscience, J F Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
J Neurosci 19:10993-1006. 1999..The results predict that combinations of interventions will be necessary to completely restore cortical function after exposure of the fetal brain to alcohol...
- Experience-dependent plasticity is impaired in adult rat barrel cortex after whiskers are unused in early postnatal lifeV Rema
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37240, USA
J Neurosci 23:358-66. 2003....
- Chronic suppression of activity in barrel field cortex downregulates sensory responses in contralateral barrel field cortexLu Li
Dept of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:3342-56. 2005..Bilateral neurological impairments have been described after unilateral stroke lesions in the clinical literature...