Ashis K Mukherjee
- Mukherjee A, Das K. Correlation between diverse cyclic lipopeptides production and regulation of growth and substrate utilization by Bacillus subtilis strains in a particular habitat. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2005;54:479-89 pubmed..subtilis strains in their parent ecological niche...
- Mukherjee A, Bhagowati P, Biswa B, Chanda A, Kalita B. A comparative intracellular proteomic profiling of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain ASP-53 grown on pyrene or glucose as sole source of carbon and identification of some key enzymes of pyrene biodegradation pathway. J Proteomics. 2017;167:25-35 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa ASP-53 when grown in pyrene medium. This study identified some important pyrene biodegradation enzymes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa ASP-53 and highlights that the bacterium follows salicylate pathway for pyrene degradation. ..
- Patra A, Kalita B, Chanda A, Mukherjee A. Proteomics and antivenomics of Echis carinatus carinatus venom: Correlation with pharmacological properties and pathophysiology of envenomation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17119 pubmed publisher....
- Mukherjee A, Doley R, Saikia D. Isolation of a snake venom phospholipase A2 (PLA2) inhibitor (AIPLAI) from leaves of Azadirachta indica (Neem): mechanism of PLA2 inhibition by AIPLAI in vitro condition. Toxicon. 2008;51:1548-53 pubmed publisher..kaouthia PLA(2) enzymes in a non-competitive manner. The AIPLAI is quite stable at room temperature. The present study shows that AIPLAI holds good promise for the development of novel anti-snake venom drug in future. ..
- Mukherjee A, Bordoloi N. Biodegradation of benzene, toluene, and xylene (BTX) in liquid culture and in soil by Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains and a formulated bacterial consortium. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012;19:3380-8 pubmed publisher..This study highlighted the role of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)), nitrate, and phosphate in stimulating the biodegradation of BTX compounds under hypoxic condition...
- Mukherjee A, Kalita B, Mackessy S. A proteomic analysis of Pakistan Daboia russelii russelii venom and assessment of potency of Indian polyvalent and monovalent antivenom. J Proteomics. 2016;144:73-86 pubmed publisher....
- Dutta S, Chanda A, Kalita B, Islam T, Patra A, Mukherjee A. Proteomic analysis to unravel the complex venom proteome of eastern India Naja naja: Correlation of venom composition with its biochemical and pharmacological properties. J Proteomics. 2017;156:29-39 pubmed publisher..naja within the Indian sub-continent. In addition, this study has also identified several enzymes in EI N. naja venom which were previously uncharacterized by proteomic analysis of Naja venom. ..