Ashis K Mukherjee
- Thakur R, Chattopadhyay P, Ghosh S, Mukherjee A. Elucidation of procoagulant mechanism and pathophysiological significance of a new prothrombin activating metalloprotease purified from Daboia russelii russelii venom. Toxicon. 2015;100:1-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Rusviprotease is the first example of a prothrombin activator with fibrinogenolytic property purified from Daboia russelii russelii venom. ..
- Gogoi D, Arora N, Kalita B, Sarma R, Islam T, Ghosh S, et al. Anticoagulant mechanism, pharmacological activity, and assessment of preclinical safety of a novel fibrin(ogen)olytic serine protease from leaves of Leucas indica. Sci Rep. 2018;8:6210 pubmed publisher..125-0.5â€‰mg/kg) in vivo anticoagulant and plasma defibrinogenation activities in a rodent model. Lunathrombase (10â€‰mg/kg) did not show toxicity or adverse pharmacological effects in treated animals. ..
- Mukherjee A, Dutta S, Kalita B, Jha D, Deb P, Mackessy S. Structural and functional characterization of complex formation between two Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitors from Russell's Viper venom. Biochimie. 2016;128-129:138-47 pubmed publisher..This study may lay the foundation for understanding the basis of protein complexes in snake venoms and their role in pathophysiology of snakebite. ..
- Kalita B, Patra A, Jahan S, Mukherjee A. First report of the characterization of a snake venom apyrase (Ruviapyrase) from Indian Russell's viper (Daboia russelii) venom. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;111:639-648 pubmed publisher..The catalytic activity and platelet deaggregation property of Ruviapyrase was significantly inhibited by EDTA, DTT and IAA, and neutralized by commercial monovalent and polyvalent antivenom. ..
- Mukherjee A, Das K. Microbial surfactants and their potential applications: an overview. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;672:54-64 pubmed..The present chapter reviews the biochemical properties of different classes of microbial surfactants and their potential application in different industrial sectors. ..
- Thakur R, Kini S, Kurkalang S, Banerjee A, Chatterjee P, Chanda A, et al. Mechanism of apoptosis induction in human breast cancer MCF-7 cell by Ruviprase, a small peptide from Daboia russelii russelii venom. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;258:297-304 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the characterization of the anticancer potential of a small, non-toxic and anticoagulant peptide purified from Russell's viper venom. ..
- Bora B, Gogoi D, Tripathy D, Kurkalang S, Ramani S, Chatterjee A, et al. The N-terminal-truncated recombinant fibrin(ogen)olytic serine protease improves its functional property, demonstrates in vivo anticoagulant and plasma defibrinogenation activity as well as pre-clinical safety in rodent model. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;111:462-474 pubmed publisher..We propose that [Bacifrinase (?N24)] may serve as prototype for the development of potent drug to prevent hyperfibrinogenemia related disorders. ..
- Mukherjee A, Bhagowati P, Biswa B, Chanda A, Kalita B. A comparative intracellular proteomic profiling of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain ASP-53 grown on pyrene or glucose as sole source of carbon and identification of some key enzymes of pyrene biodegradation pathway. J Proteomics. 2017;167:25-35 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa ASP-53 when grown in pyrene medium. This study identified some important pyrene biodegradation enzymes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa ASP-53 and highlights that the bacterium follows salicylate pathway for pyrene degradation. ..
- Mukherjee A, Das K. Correlation between diverse cyclic lipopeptides production and regulation of growth and substrate utilization by Bacillus subtilis strains in a particular habitat. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2005;54:479-89 pubmed..subtilis strains in their parent ecological niche...
- Dutta S, Chanda A, Kalita B, Islam T, Patra A, Mukherjee A. Proteomic analysis to unravel the complex venom proteome of eastern India Naja naja: Correlation of venom composition with its biochemical and pharmacological properties. J Proteomics. 2017;156:29-39 pubmed publisher..naja within the Indian sub-continent. In addition, this study has also identified several enzymes in EI N. naja venom which were previously uncharacterized by proteomic analysis of Naja venom. ..
- Mukherjee A, Kalita B, Mackessy S. A proteomic analysis of Pakistan Daboia russelii russelii venom and assessment of potency of Indian polyvalent and monovalent antivenom. J Proteomics. 2016;144:73-86 pubmed publisher..Further, the proteomic findings will contribute to understand the variation in venom composition owing to different geographical location and identification of pharmacologically important proteins in Pakistan RVV. ..
- Mukherjee A, Bordoloi N. Biodegradation of benzene, toluene, and xylene (BTX) in liquid culture and in soil by Bacillus subtilis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains and a formulated bacterial consortium. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012;19:3380-8 pubmed publisher..This study highlighted the role of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)), nitrate, and phosphate in stimulating the biodegradation of BTX compounds under hypoxic condition...
- Mukherjee A, Doley R, Saikia D. Isolation of a snake venom phospholipase A2 (PLA2) inhibitor (AIPLAI) from leaves of Azadirachta indica (Neem): mechanism of PLA2 inhibition by AIPLAI in vitro condition. Toxicon. 2008;51:1548-53 pubmed publisher..kaouthia PLA(2) enzymes in a non-competitive manner. The AIPLAI is quite stable at room temperature. The present study shows that AIPLAI holds good promise for the development of novel anti-snake venom drug in future. ..