- Congenital intrauterine infection like syndrome of microcephaly, intracranial calcification and CNS diseaseD Mishra
Neonatal Division, Department of Pediatrics, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi 110 001, India
Indian Pediatr 39:866-9. 2002
- Typhoid fever and viral hepatitisDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Maulana Azad Medical College, Geeta Colony, Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 75:509-10. 2008..In this scenario, there occurs a diagnostic dilemma with respect to differentiation from 'typhoid hepatitis', the hepatic manifestations of typhoid fever. We herein present such a case and discuss pertinent issues...
- Domestic child laborDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Maulana Azad Medical College, Geeta Colony, New Delhi 110 031, India
Indian Pediatr 44:291-2. 2007..A follow-up telephonic survey, after the enactment of the law prohibiting this practice, saw decreased participation and low prevalence of the practice...
- Acute cysticercal meningitis--missed diagnosisDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatric Medicine, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Maulana Azad Medical College, Geeta Colony, Delhi 110 031, India
Indian J Pediatr 73:835-7. 2006..The need for CSF examination with wright-giemsa staining to avoid missing CSF eosinophilia is discussed...
- Pancreas divisum: an uncommon cause of acute pancreatitisDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 70:593-5. 2003..The authors herein report a 4-year-old child with acute pancreatitis associated with pancreas divisum. Coexistent ascariasis initially suggested a diagnosis of pancreatic ascariasis...
- Distal spinal muscular atrophy of upper limb (Hirayama disease) associated with high serum lead levelsDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi 110 001, India
Indian Pediatr 40:780-3. 2003..This report highlights the occurrence of this condition in younger children and the need to further study the role of lead in its pathophysiology...
- Availing services for developmental disabilities: parental experiences from a referral center in developing countryMonica Juneja
Child Development Clinic, Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 79:1213-7. 2012..To identify the problems faced by parents of children with developmental disabilities in availing rehabilitative services and to find their satisfaction level...
- Locked-in syndrome: A rare manifestation of pediatric strokeMonica Juneja
Department of Pediatric, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 76:1053-5. 2009..Although the exact etiology for the basilar artery occlusion could not be determined, treatment with low molecular weight heparin and warfarin was followed by partial recovery...
- Efficacy of pyridoxine in early-onset idiopathic intractable seizures in childrenDevendra Mishra
Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 77:1252-6. 2010..To identify pyridoxine responsive seizures among children with early onset intractable seizures, and to identify pyridoxine-dependency as a subset in this group...
- Fundal changes in children receiving VigabatrinDevendra Mishra
Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi 110 029, India
Indian J Pediatr 78:1281-3. 2011..Thus it is concluded that simple ophthalmoscopy by an ophthalmologist picks up the abnormalities due to ocular toxicity of VGB, and helps in rationalizing further AED therapy in the clinic...
- Add-on lamotrigine in pediatric epilepsy in IndiaRahul Jain
Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College University of Delhi, Delhi 110002, India
Indian Pediatr 48:55-8. 2011..Lamotrigine was stopped in two patients due to adverse reactions, which resolved on stopping the drug. Lamotrigine was observed to be an effective, add-on, broad-spectrum antiepileptic with 'mild' side effects in Indian children...
- Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis GlcB or HspX Antigens or devR DNA impacts the rapid diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis in childrenSagarika Haldar
Department of Biotechnology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 7:e44630. 2012..The accurate diagnosis of TBM poses a challenge due to an extensive differential diagnosis, low bacterial load and paucity of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) especially in children...
- Referral profile of a child development clinic in northern IndiaMonica Juneja
Child Development Clinic, Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospital, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110002, India
Indian J Pediatr 79:602-5. 2012..To delineate the demographic and clinical profile of children referred to a Child Development Clinic (CDC) of a tertiary care public hospital in India...
- Parvovirus B-19 induced acute pure red cell aplasia in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and neurofibromatosis type-1Prashant Sharma
Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, 110002, India
Hematology 11:257-9. 2006..An association of NF-1 with acute PRCA has not been described in indexed English literature in the past...
- Clobazam in refractory childhood epilepsyVeena Kalra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 77:263-6. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of clobazam in childhood refractory epilepsy and to characterize the adverse drug reaction profile in the Indian population...
- Status dystonicus a rare complication of dystoniaDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Indian Pediatr 47:883-5. 2010..We report the development of this complication in a 10-year old boy with idiopathic torsion dystonia, the probable precipitating factor being either an infection or introduction of clonazepam...
- Myositis ossificans of bilateral hip joints in a patient with diplegic cerebral palsyMonica Juneja
Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
J Clin Neurosci 18:580-1. 2011..We report a 6-year-old boy with diplegic cerebral palsy who developed MO of his bilateral hip joints after initiating physiotherapy. He responded well to conservative management...
- Recurrent headache in pediatric outpatients at a public hospital in delhiDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Lok Nayak hospital and Department of Ophthalmology, Guru Nanak Eye Center Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi Correspondence to Dr Devendra Mishra, Department of Pediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical College, 2, BSZ Marg, Delhi 110002
Indian Pediatr 50:775-8. 2013..Majority of children with recurrent headache present late for medical attention. Ophthalmological problems are an infrequent cause of recurrent headache in these children. ..
- Consensus guidelines on evaluation and management of suspected acute viral encephalitis in children in IndiaSuvasini Sharma
Department of Pediatrics, Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi, India
Indian Pediatr 49:897-910. 2012..The etiological agents are varied, and physicians treating such children often feel limited by the lack of uniform guidelines on evaluation and management of these critically ill children in resource-constrained settings...
- Headache with autonomic features in a child: cluster headache or contact-point headache?Devendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, India
Headache 48:473-5. 2008..We herein report a child having headache with autonomic features and contact-point in the nose, and discuss the difficulties in diagnostic categorization...
- Laugier Hunziker syndromeKabir Sardana
Department of Dermatology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110 002, India
Indian Pediatr 43:998-1000. 2006..The significance of this condition is due to its inclusion in differential diagnoses of pigmentary disorders of the oral mucosa, especially Peutz-Jeghers syndrome...
- A prospective study of cutaneous manifestations of spinal dysraphism from IndiaKabir Sardana
Dermatology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi, India
Pediatr Dermatol 26:688-95. 2009..Ultrasonographic examination performed fairly well in children less than 6 months and in cases of flat cutaneous stigmata it missed only 5% of cases, but in cases with bulky overlying masses (lipoma, hemangioma) it missed 15% of cases...
- Non-compliance in pyridoxine-dependent seizures and a way outPraveen Kumar
Department of Pediatrics, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Paediatr Child Health 43:571-2. 2007....
- Enterolithiasis: An uncommon finding in abdominal tuberculosisDevendra Mishra
Department of Pediatrics, Bhadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 76:1049-50. 2009..Enterolithiasis, the formation of intestinal calculi due to stasis, is known to occur with abdominal tuberculosis. It has uncommonly been reported from India and only rarely in older children...
- Normal values of liver and spleen size by ultrasonography in Indian childrenBhavna Dhingra
Department of Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Maulana Azad Medical College, Geeta Colony, Delhi, India
Indian Pediatr 47:487-92. 2010..To establish normative data for the ultrasonographic measurement of liver and spleen size in healthy Indian children...
- Intraventricular neurocysticercosisVeena Kalra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 76:420-3. 2009..The need for CSF examination with Wright-Giemsa staining to avoid missing CSF eosinophilia is discussed...
- Cysticercosis headache: an important differential of childhood headache disorder in endemic countriesDevendra Mishra
Headache 47:301-2. 2007..We herein report a pediatric patient with tension-type headache as the sole presenting feature of single cysticercus granuloma...
- Megaloblastic anemia: a common cause of pancytopenia in childrenDevendra Mishra
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 50:447-8. 2007
- Are isolated preauricular tags a marker of urinary tract anomaliesDevendra Mishra
Indian Pediatr 40:796-7. 2003
- Transfusion associated hepatitis C in multi-transfused thalassemic childrenDevendra Mishra
Indian Pediatr 41:287-8. 2004
- Typhoid vaccination after enteric feverDevendra Mishra
Indian J Pediatr 71:767; author reply 767-8. 2004
- Role of Entamoeba histolytica in acute watery diarrhea in hospitalized under-five childrenDevendra Mishra
Indian Pediatr 41:861-3. 2004
- Infant milk Substitutes (IMS) Act 2003--surrogate promotion continuesDevendra Mishra
Assistant Professor Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Under MAMC, Delhi 110 031 India
Indian Pediatr 42:88. 2005
- Display of feeding bottles in advertising renditionsManpreet Sethi
Indian J Pediatr 73:104-5. 2006
- Factors affecting antibiotic prescribing pattern in pediatric practiceDevendra Mishra
Indian J Pediatr 74:513. 2007
- Dal water as weaning food: a common but inappropriate practiceBhavna Dhingra
Indian J Pediatr 74:962-3. 2007