Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Organization: Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
- Alternate strategies for improving iron nutrition: lessons from recent researchK Madhavan Nair
Department of Biophysics, National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Jamai Osmania P O, Hyderabad 500007, India
Br J Nutr 85:S187-91. 2001..To reduce the intestinal oxidative stress, intermittent supplementation of iron is being considered. The potential benefits and shortcomings of these approaches are reviewed...
- Testicular dysfunction and antioxidative defense system of Swiss mice after chromic acid exposureUsha Rani Acharya
Department of Zoology, Berhampur University, Orissa, India
Reprod Toxicol 22:87-91. 2006....
- Spectroscopic and biochemical correlations during the course of human lens agingMala Ranjan
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 007 A P, India
BMC Ophthalmol 6:10. 2006..These fluorescent compounds are believed to be involved in the development of cataract...
- The incidence and severity of injury in children hospitalised for traumatic brain injury in KashmirAmin Tabish
Department of Accident and Emergency, Sher e Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar, India
Injury 37:410-5. 2006....
- FNAC of gouty tophi--a case reportMilan B Purohit
Departments of Pathology and P and S M, P D U Medical College, Rajkot, Gujarat
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:42-3. 2006..A diagnosis of gouty tophi was offered which was confirmed by histopathology and serum uric acid level...
- Cell adherence--a determinant of virulence in Yersinia enterocoliticaMadan Lal
Department of Microbiology, CMC, Ludhiana
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:49-50. 2006..The organism continued to be excreted in faeces up to 8-10 days after oral feeding. Adhesion positive isolates were found to be virulent when tested in mice for diarrhoea and death. Adhesion was found to be thermoregulated...
- Evaluation of some tasks used for specifying handedness and footednessGurusiddappa V Hebbal
M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India
Percept Mot Skills 102:163-4. 2006..A combination of three tasks, namely, kicking a football, pushing an object with the foot, and stamping on the ground, would be ideal for ascertaining footedness...
- Perinatal outcome with HELLP/partial HELLP complicating hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. An Indian rural experienceS Chhabra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:531-3. 2006..Overall, in women with HELLP/partial HELLP, the PMR was 275.8 and in the remainder with hypertensive disorders without HELLP/partial HELLP, it was 114.89...
- Extended spectrum beta lactamase producing gram negative bacilli in a tertiary referral hospital of Assam--experience with two methodsReema Nath
Department of Microbiology, Assam Medical College and Hospital, Dibrugarh 786002
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:623-5. 2006..In the absence of molecular detection methods in routine clinical microbiology laboratory, combination disc method appears to be a better option...
- A microbiological study of bottled mineral water marketed in LudhianaM Lal
Dept of Microbiology, CMC and Hospital, Ludhiana
Indian J Public Health 50:31-2. 2006..albus one each Fungi was isolated from five of twenty three. (22%) samples. Only one brand of mineral water was unfit for human consumption. The rest of the samples were contaminated with non pathogenic flora...
- Burkitt's lymphoma in an Indian girl: a case reportK Patil
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, J S S Dental College and Hospital, Mysore 570 015, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 25:194-9. 2007..It is a very rare malignancy accounting for only 0.76% of solid malignant tumors among Indian children. A case of BL of the mandible in a 9-year-old girl of Indian origin is reported...
- Pure lipoma of the uterus: a rare case reportHilda Fernandes
Department of Pathology, Fr Muller Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 50:800-1. 2007..The diagnosis of pure lipoma of the uterus should only be made when any smooth muscle if present is confined to the periphery of the tumor...
- Impact of cadmium and lead on Catharanthus roseus--a phytoremediation studyS Pandey
Department of Botany, B B College, Asansol, Burdwan 713 303, India
J Environ Biol 28:655-62. 2007....
- Supernumerary testis: a case report and review of literatureBasant Kumar
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sir Padampat Mother and Child Health Institute, JayKayLon Hospital, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:E9-E10. 2008..We report a case and its management, having left-sided duplex testis and found incidentally during inguinal hernia repair, and review the literature...
- Lead toxicity in a family as a result of occupational exposureAryapu Raviraja
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, St John s Medical College, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 59:127-33. 2008..These findings can be attributed to behavioural changes adopted by the family, even though they continued producing lead batteries...
- Single-stage repair of vestibular and perineal fistulae without colostomyBasant Kumar
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Sir Padampat Mother and Child Health Institute JayKayLon Hospital, SMS Medical College, Jaipur 302004, Rajasthan, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:1848-52. 2008....
- The use of alendronate in the treatment of avascular necrosis of the femoral head: follow-up to eight yearsS Agarwala
P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mahim, Mumbai 400016, India
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:1013-8. 2009..Even in Ficat stage-III hips some benefit was obtained from treatment with alendronate by at least a delay in the need for total hip replacement...
- Analysis of blood donor deferral characteristics in Delhi, IndiaShalini Bahadur
Department of Pathology, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 40:1087-91. 2009..0%) being deferred for temporary reasons. Anemia was the most frequent cause for donor rejection (32.8%). Permanent deferral accounted for 9.1% with hypertension being the most common cause (29.4%) in this category...
- Antifertility activity of Piper longum Linn. in female ratsV Lakshmi
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Nat Prod Res 20:235-9. 2006..The crude extract and its hexane fraction exhibited 100 and 86% efficacy respectively (days 1-7 post-coitum (p.c.) schedule). On the other hand, 1-butanol soluble, 1-butanol insoluble and chloroform fractions were inactive...
- Trends of caesarean sections for failure to progress: Indian rural experienceS Chhabra
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram 442 102, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:575-8. 2005..Efforts need to be continued and should involve further research and evidence-based management strategies...
- Maternal knowledge, attitude and practices towards diarrhea and oral rehydration therapy in rural MaharashtraV Datta
Department of Pediatrics, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Pediatr 68:1035-7. 2001..A cross sectional hospital based survey was undertaken in rural area of Wardha District of Maharashtra, to assess the knowledge, attitude and practices of mothers regarding diarrhea and oral rehydration therapy...
- A morphometric study of the Thingbu-pa and population comparison with neighbouring Monpa tribes of Arunachal Pradesh, IndiaD K Adak
Anthropol Anz 59:365-75. 2001....
- Effect of Cassia auriculata Linn. on serum glucose level, glucose utilization by isolated rat hemidiaphragmM C Sabu
Amala Cancer Research Center, Amala Nagar, Thrissur 680 553, Kerala, India
J Ethnopharmacol 80:203-6. 2002..Glucose uptake and glycogen deposition studies suggest that C. auriculata leaf extract probably has no direct insulin like effect which can enhance the peripheral utilization of glucose...
- Hypoglycaemic and hypolipidemic effect of ethanolic extract of seeds of Eugenia jambolana in alloxan-induced diabetic rabbitsS B Sharma
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi 110095, India
J Ethnopharmacol 85:201-6. 2003..The histopathological studies of liver, pancreas and aorta in alcoholic extract treated diabetic groups revealed almost normal appearance...
- Microalbuminuria as a predictor of early glomerular injury in children with sickle cell diseaseVikram Datta
Department of Pediatrics, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Pediatr 70:307-9. 2003..A cross sectional study was carried out to determine the prevalence of microalbuminuria in the pediatric patients with sickle cell disease...
- Effect of itraconazole therapy in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosisRaj Kumar
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, Delhi 100007, India
Saudi Med J 24:546-7. 2003
- Incidence of low back pain in workage adults in rural North IndiaS C Sharma
Department of Orthopaedics, Paraplegia and Rehabilitation, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak 124001
Indian J Med Sci 57:145-7. 2003..Hence, it is concluded that along with exercises and NSAIDS, sufficient consideration should be given to short centre-based intensive rehabilitation program followed by a home-based program for chronic low back pain patients...
- Trends in maternal mortality due to haemorrhage: two decades of Indian rural observationsS Chhabra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:40-3. 2004..69% to 4.87%, unclassified haemorrhage 1.96% to 7.31% and placenta praevia from zero between 1982 and 1987 to 4.87% between 1997 and 2002...
- Observations on the traditional phytotherapy among the inhabitants of Parvati valley in western Himalaya, IndiaParveen Kumar Sharma
Dr YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni, Solan 173230, Himachal Pradesh, India
J Ethnopharmacol 92:167-76. 2004..Information on traditional uses and commercial uses as well as biological activities of the related species is included on the basis of the existing relevant literature so as to present a comprehensive account...
- Modulation by phenolic compounds of ABA-induced inhibition of mustard (Brassica juncea L. cv. RLM 198) seed germinationShashi Sharma
Department of Biosciences, H P University, Shimla 171005, India
Indian J Exp Biol 41:352-6. 2003..It is likely that phenolics could accelerate ABA metabolism in the seed tissue leading to an early recovery from ABA-induced inhibition...
- The influence of catchment on chemical and biological characteristics of two freshwater tropical lakes of southern RajasthanJ Pandey
Department of Environmental Sciences, M L Sukhadia University, Udaipur 313 001, Rajasthan, India
J Environ Biol 25:81-7. 2004..The study indicated that the catchment characteristics influence, in a major way, the water chemistry and dredging, could be an effective measure for the restoration of dryland lakes...
- An innovative technique to cut and extract loose bent Kuntscher nailRoop Singh
Department of Orthopaedics, Paraplegia, Rehabilitation, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak 124 001, India
Indian J Med Sci 58:439-41. 2004..We report an innovative technique to cut and extract a loose bent Kuntscher nail. The technique is simple and effective; can be used in peripheral hospitals where advanced gadgetries may not be present...
- Psychosocial problems and coping patterns of HIV seropositive wives of men with HIV/AIDSElizabeth Betcy Joseph
St Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Soc Work Health Care 39:29-47. 2004..Escape avoidance was the most preferred coping strategy adopted by them. Situating the illness in a socio-familial context is indicated, and implications for social work and mental health practice follow from the findings...
- Reduction in maternal mortality due to sepsisS Chhabra
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram 442 102, Wardha Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:140-2. 2005..Most of the women who had died due to septic abortion were married (65%). Deaths due to septic abortion, are persisting even in married women and it is a matter of concern for health providers, policy makers and governments...
- Chorioangioma: a case reportS Chhabra
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, 442102 Wardha Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:203-4. 2005
- Novel cyclic amide heterodimer lansamide-2 from Clausena lansiumV Lakshmi
Medicinal Chemistry Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Nat Prod Res 19:355-8. 2005..A new cyclic amide heterodimer has been isolated from Clausena-lansium leaves. The structure of this amide heterodimer was determined by X-ray crystallographic studies and spectrochemical evidence...
- Bruck syndromeVikram Datta
Department of Pediatrics, Kalawati Saran Children s Hospital, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 72:441-2. 2005....
- Synthesis of 2-fluoro N(10)-substituted acridones and their cytotoxicity studies in sensitive and resistant cancer cell lines and their DNA intercalation studiesYergeri C Mayur
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 342:640-50. 2009....