V R Kutty
- High prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus and other metabolic disorders in rural Central KeralaG Vijayakumar
MedicalTrust Hospital and Diabetes Care Centre, Kulanada, Pathanamthitta 689 573, Kerala, India
J Assoc Physicians India 57:563-7. 2009..Hence, to estimate the prevalence of DM and impaired fasting glycaemia (IFG), and to explore the predictors of DM, a study was conducted in rural Kerala...
- Suicide in South India: A community-based study in KeralaC R Soman
Health Action by People, TC 7 1724, Temple Road, Kochulloor, Trivandrum, Kerala 695 011, India
Indian J Psychiatry 51:261-4. 2009..4 in children aged 14 years or less to 4.5 in the 45-54 year age group. Conclusion: Our analysis shows that the level of under-reporting of suicides in rural Kerala is much less than that reported in Tamil Nadu...
- Historical analysis of the development of health care facilities in Kerala State, IndiaV R Kutty
Health Policy Plan 15:103-9. 2000..Current legislation, which has brought government health institutions under local government control, can perhaps facilitate this change by helping to improve standards in public institutions...
- Type 2 diabetes in southern Kerala: variation in prevalence among geographic divisions within a regionV R Kutty
Health Action by People, Petta, Thiruvananthapuram 695024, Kerala, India
Natl Med J India 13:287-92. 2000..Such studies have not included the population of Kerala. We estimated the prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Neyyattinkara taluk, Thiruvananthapuram district, Kerala state...
- Random capillary blood sugar and coronary risk factors in a south Kerala populationV Raman Kutty
Health Action by People, Trivandrum 695024, India
J Cardiovasc Risk 9:361-7. 2002..High prevalence of type 2 diabetes in one subdivision of a district in south India prompted us to look at the prevalence of other major coronary risk factors, and relate these to random blood sugar values...
- All-cause mortality and cardiovascular mortality in Kerala state of India: results from a 5-year follow-up of 161,942 rural community dwelling adultsC R Soman
Health Action by People, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Asia Pac J Public Health 23:896-903. 2011..However, the mortality pattern in Kerala has not been studied. In this article, the authors analyze and report the pattern of mortality in the PROLIFE cohort (n = 161,942)...