- Perspective on coronary interventions & cardiac surgeries in IndiaUpendra Kaul
Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 132:543-8. 2010..Indigenous research and scientific data acquisition in relation to the modern technology for achieving coronary revascularization has also started on a promising note...
- Angiographic follow-up of genous bioengineered stent in acute myocardial infarction (GENAMI)-a pilot studyUpendra Kaul
Fortis Hospitals, Vasant Kunj and NOIDA
Indian Heart J 60:532-5. 2008..GENAMI, an angiographic follow-up study was undertaken to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a new generation endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capture stent, GENOUS during primary angioplasty for ST-elevation myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibition using eptifibatide with primary coronary stenting for acute myocardial infarction: a 30-day follow-up studyUpendra Kaul
Department of Interventional Cardiology, Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, New Delhi, India
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 57:497-503. 2002..However, these flows decline significantly before hospital discharge and lead to a high rate of SAT. The dosage and duration of infusion of eptifibatide in this setting needs further evaluation...
- Cobalt chromium stent with antiproliferative for restenosis trial in India (COSTAR I)Upendra Kaul
Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 59:165-72. 2007....
- The Paclitaxel-eluting PTCA-balloon in combination with a cobalt-chromium stent in two different sequences to treat de novo coronary artery lesions: An angiographic follow up studyUpendra Kaul
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, New Delhi, India Electronic address
Indian Heart J 65:510-7. 2013..Using the DCB followed by cobalt-chromium stent (CoCr) deployment or with a reverse sequence may yield different outcomes in terms of late loss...
- Clinical outcomes with Biolimus (A9)™ eluting stent, 'BioMatrix' in diabetic patients - interim results from multicenter post market surveillance registry in IndiaAshok Seth
Escort Heart Institute, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 65:586-92. 2013..The objective of this registry is to establish safety and efficacy of BioMatrix, BioMatrix™-Biolimus A9™ eluting stent in diabetic population in India...
- Evaluation of the XIENCE V everolimus eluting coronary stent system in the Asian population of the SPIRIT V single arm study. 2-year clinical follow-up dataUpendra Kaul
Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 63:402-8. 2011..As a significant proportion of the real world population in the SPIRIT V single arm study is Asian, the study provides insight into how this population responds to stenting with the XIENCE V Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent (EES)...
- Platelet adenosine diphosphate receptor antagonists: ticlopidine to ticagrelor-a long continuing journeyUpendra Kaul
Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 64:54-9. 2012..The data so far suggests that ticagrelor has a wider applicability in usage in patients with ACS as compared to prasugrel. Prasugrel however seems to be better tolerated. Search is on for newer more potent but safer anti-platelet agents...
- Fractional Flow Reserve: intracoronary versus intravenous adenosine induced maximal coronary hyperemiaP S Sandhu
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Center, Okhla Road, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 65:147-51. 2013..IV route is time consuming, has more side effects and expensive. This study is undertaken to compare the two routes of administration...
- Air travel and pulmonary embolism: "economy class syndrome"Vineet Bhatia
Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, Okhla Road, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 60:608-11. 2008..We present 3 cases who developed deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and subsequent pulmonary thromboembolism (PTE) after transatlantic air travel. The relevant literature is discussed...
- Coronary vasospasm presenting as Prinzmetals angina and life threatening Brady-arrhythmia independently at different timesAijaz H Mansoor
Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India
Indian Heart J 61:389-91. 2009..Coronary angiography revealed evidence of reversible multi-vessel coronary spasm. Electrophysiological studies were normal. She was treated with nitrates and calcium blockers and a permanent pacemaker implantation...