Affiliation: Kasturba Medical College
- Datamining approach for automation of diagnosis of breast cancer in immunohistochemically stained tissue microarray imagesKeerthana Prasad
Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, Manipal 576104, India
Open Med Inform J 4:86-93. 2010..Our method has 92.31% sensitivity and 93.18% specificity for ER expression image classification and 96.67% sensitivity and 88.24% specificity for HER-2/neu expression image classification...
- Image analysis tools for evaluation of microscopic views of immunohistochemically stained specimen in medical research-a reviewKeerthana Prasad
Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, Manipal, India
J Med Syst 36:2621-31. 2012..This study concludes that there is good scope for development of freely available software for staining intensity quantification, which a medical researcher could easily use without requiring high level computer skills...
- Image analysis approach for development of a decision support system for detection of malaria parasites in thin blood smear imagesKeerthana Prasad
Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, Manipal, 576104, India
J Digit Imaging 25:542-9. 2012..Our algorithm detects around 96% of the parasites with a false positive rate of 20%. The Spearman correlation r was 0.88 with a confidence interval of 0.838 to 0.923, p<0.0001...
- Applications of 'TissueQuant'- a color intensity quantification tool for medical researchKeerthana Prasad
Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, India
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 106:27-36. 2012..001. The second study evaluated the nerve morphometry and it was found that the adipose and non adipose tissue content was maximum in radial nerve among the five nerves studied...
- Evidence-based assessment of antiosteoporotic activity of petroleum-ether extract of Cissus quadrangularis Linn. on ovariectomy-induced osteoporosisBhagath K Potu
Department of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Ups J Med Sci 114:140-8. 2009..The biological activity of CQ on bone may be attributed to the phytogenic steroids present in it...
- Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human superficial temporal arterySreenivasulu Reddy
Department of Anatomy, KMCIC, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Indian J Plast Surg 44:127-33. 2011..Following microvascular surgeries, stenosis and spasm of the arterial graft or the recipient vessel are serious complications which are often caused by intimal hyperplasia and perivascular nerves, respectively...
- Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human renal artery: A cadaveric studySreenivasulu Reddy
Department of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College International Center, Manipal, India
Urol Ann 3:141-6. 2011..The purpose of this study was to characterize arterial wall and sympathetic innervation of the human RA...
- Automation of immunohistochemical evaluation in breast cancer using image analysisKeerthana Prasad
Keerthana Prasad, Manipal Centre for Information Science, Manipal University, Manipal 576104, Karnataka, India
World J Clin Oncol 2:187-94. 2011..To automate breast cancer diagnosis and to study the inter-observer and intra-observer variations in the manual evaluations...
- Histomorphometric and sympathetic innervation of the human internal thoracic arterySreenivasulu Reddy
Department of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College International Center, Manipal University, Manipal, India
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:131-6. 2011..Special micro-anatomical features of the ITA wall may protect it from age related pathological changes. One of the complications seen after coronary artery bypass grafting is vasospasm. Sympathetic nerves may be involved in vasospasm...
- Microanatomical and immunohistochemical study of the human lateral antebrachial cutaneous nerve of forearm at the antecubital fossa and its clinical implicationsS Chakravarthy Marx
Department of Anatomy, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Clin Anat 23:693-701. 2010..In LCNF, there was more adipose tissue and less collagen fibers deposition in the interfascicular domains of all age cases, and this may act as an obstacle for nerve fiber regeneration on using LCNF as an interpositional nerve graft...