D N Guha Mazumder
Affiliation: Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
- Effect of chronic intake of arsenic-contaminated water on liverD N Guha Mazumder
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata 700 020, India
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 206:169-75. 2005..Our studies show that prolong drinking of arsenic-contaminated water is associated with hepatomegaly. Predominant lesion of hepatic fibrosis appears to be caused by arsenic induced oxystress...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B infection in the general population: a rural community based studyA Chowdhury
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta
Trop Gastroenterol 20:75-7. 1999..A community based door to door epidemiological study was conducted between December 1997 and January 1988 to look for the dynamics of hepatitis B exposure in a single village of West Bengal...
- Arsenic in drinking water and the prevalence of respiratory effects in West Bengal, IndiaD N Mazumder
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244 Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Calcutta 700020, India
Int J Epidemiol 29:1047-52. 2000..The study also collected limited information concerning respiratory system signs and symptoms, which we report here because increasing evidence suggests that arsenic ingestion also causes pulmonary effects...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of 2,3-dimercapto-1-propanesulfonate (DMPS) in therapy of chronic arsenicosis due to drinking arsenic-contaminated waterD N Guha Mazumder
Department of Gastroenterology and Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta, India
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 39:665-74. 2001..We investigated the clinical use of 2,3-dmercapto-1-propanesulfonate in such patients...
- Bronchiectasis in persons with skin lesions resulting from arsenic in drinking waterD N Guha Mazumder
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata, India
Epidemiology 16:760-5. 2005..Less is known about nonmalignant pulmonary disease after exposure to arsenic in drinking water...
- Nutritional factors and susceptibility to arsenic-caused skin lesions in West Bengal, IndiaSoma R Mitra
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta, India
Environ Health Perspect 112:1104-9. 2004..However, in light of the small magnitude of increased risks related to these dietary deficiencies, prevention should focus on reducing exposure to arsenic...
- Serodiagnosis of ascariasis with specific IgG4 antibody and its use in an epidemiological studyA Santra
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244 Acharya J. C. Bose Road, Calcutta 700020, India
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 95:289-92. 2001..Utilizing this test, a significant number of a rural population could be diagnosed with Ascaris infection in West Bengal, India...