Siddhartha S Jana
Affiliation: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
- An alternatively spliced isoform of non-muscle myosin II-C is not regulated by myosin light chain phosphorylationSiddhartha S Jana
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology and Laboratory of Molecular Physiology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 284:11563-71. 2009..This is in contrast to NM II-C1 and NM II-C0, both of which are ubiquitously expressed. Full-length NM II-C2-GFP expressed in COS-7 cells localizes to filaments in interphase cells and to the cytokinetic ring in dividing cells...
- Ablation of nonmuscle myosin II-B and II-C reveals a role for nonmuscle myosin II in cardiac myocyte karyokinesisXuefei Ma
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1583, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3952-62. 2010..Our study shows that NM II is involved in regulating cardiac myocyte karyokinesis by affecting microtubule dynamics...
- A specific isoform of nonmuscle myosin II-C is required for cytokinesis in a tumor cell lineSiddhartha S Jana
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1762, USA
J Biol Chem 281:24662-70. 2006..The results suggest a specific function for NMHC II-C1 in cytokinesis in the A549 tumor cell line...
- Identification and characterization of nonmuscle myosin II-C, a new member of the myosin II familyEliahu Golomb
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, NHLBI, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2800-8. 2004..5 + 7.2 microm. HMM II-C1 translocated actin filaments at a rate of 0.05 + 0.011 microm/s in the absence of tropomyosin and at 0.072 + 0.019 microm/s in the presence of tropomyosin in an in vitro motility assay...
- Vertebrate nonmuscle myosin II isoforms rescue small interfering RNA-induced defects in COS-7 cell cytokinesisJianjun Bao
Laboratory of Molecular Cardiology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19594-9. 2005....