Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Indian Institute of Technology
- Ganesh S, Tsurutani N, Amano K, Mittal S, Uchikawa C, Delgado Escueta A, et al. Transcriptional profiling of a mouse model for Lafora disease reveals dysregulation of genes involved in the expression and modification of proteins. Neurosci Lett. 2005;387:62-7 pubmed..Our study may provide valuable insights into the pathophysiology of LD and may aid in developing potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Sengupta S, Badhwar I, Upadhyay M, Singh S, Ganesh S. Malin and laforin are essential components of a protein complex that protects cells from thermal stress. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2277-86 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that laforin and malin are key regulators of HSF1 and that defects in the HSF1-mediated stress response pathway might underlie some of the pathological symptoms in LD. ..
- Upadhyay M, Bhadauriya P, Ganesh S. Heat shock modulates the subcellular localization, stability, and activity of HIPK2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:580-4 pubmed publisher..Taken together our study underscores the importance of HIPK2 in stress mediated cell death, and that the HIPK2 is a generic stress kinase that gets activated by diverse set of physiological stressors. ..
- Goenka A, Sengupta S, Pandey R, Parihar R, Mohanta G, Mukerji M, et al. Human satellite-III non-coding RNAs modulate heat-shock-induced transcriptional repression. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:3541-3552 pubmed..Our results thus provide a novel insight into the regulatory role for the Sat3 transcripts in heat-shock-dependent transcriptional repression. ..
- Jain N, Rai A, Mishra R, Ganesh S. Loss of malin, but not laforin, results in compromised autophagic flux and proteasomal dysfunction in cells exposed to heat shock. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2017;22:307-315 pubmed publisher..Loss of malin leads to reduced proteasomal activity in the heat-shocked cells. Taken together, our results suggest a distinct mode of action for laforin and malin in the heat shock-induced proteolytic processes. ..