Affiliation: Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
- Immunobiology of mild micronutrient deficienciesP Bhaskaram
National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Jamai Osmania P O, Hyderabad 500 007, Andhra Pradesh, India
Br J Nutr 85:S75-80. 2001..The effects of these micronutrients on various immune mechanisms are briefly reviewed in this article...
- Prospects of fortification of salt with iron and iodineB Sivakumar
National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai Osmania Post, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Br J Nutr 85:S167-73. 2001..The quality of salt has been found to be an important determinant of the stability of iodine in DFS. Further evaluation of this potentially important intervention is in progress...
- Red palm oil supplementation: a feasible diet-based approach to improve the vitamin A status of pregnant women and their infantsM S Radhika
National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Jamai Osmania, Hyderabad, India
Food Nutr Bull 24:208-17. 2003..Hence red palm oil, a rich source of bioavailable vitamin A, could be used as a diet-based approach for improving vitamin A status in pregnancy...
- Serum transferrin receptor in children with respiratory infectionsP Bhaskaram
Division of Pediatrics, National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad, India
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:75-80. 2003..To study the effect of infection on iron status in children suffering from acute, mild or severe respiratory infections and to determine the nature of anemia in infection using serum transferrin receptor (sTfR) levels...
- Post-vaccination scenario of measles: a retrospective analysisP Bhaskaram
National Institute of Nutrition, Andhra Pradesh, India
Natl Med J India 12:111-2. 1999..A significant increase in the number of older children (> 5 years) with no significant reduction in the infants affected by measles indicates inadequate vaccine coverage and accumulation of susceptible older children...
- Effects of vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy on maternal and child healthM S Radhika
National Institute of Nutrition, Jamai Osmania, Hyderabad, India
BJOG 109:689-93. 2002..Serum concentration of retinol <20 microg/dL appears to indicate a deficient status, and is associated with an increased risk of preterm delivery and maternal anaemia...