Siddhivinayak S Hirve
- Self-rated health: Small area large area comparisons amongst older adults at the state, district and sub-district level in IndiaSiddhivinayak Hirve
Vadu Rural Health Program, KEM Hospital Research Center, Pune, India Umeå Centre for Global Health Research, Division of Epidemiology and Global Health, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden Electronic address
Health Place 26:31-8. 2014..The model based techniques were better suited to estimate the prevalence of SRH than the indirect synthetic method. We conclude that a simplified mixed effects regression model can produce valid small area estimates of SRH. ..
- Delivering Sprinkles Plus through the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) to reduce anemia in pre-school children in IndiaSiddhivinayak Hirve
Vadu Rural Health Program, KEM Hospital Research Center, Rasta Peth, Pune, 411011, India
Indian J Pediatr 80:990-5. 2013..To assess the effectiveness of micronutrient powder (MNP) supplementation in reducing anemia levels in children aged 6 mo to 6 y in India...
- Use of anchoring vignettes to evaluate health reporting behavior amongst adults aged 50 years and above in Africa and Asia--testing assumptionsSiddhivinayak Hirve
Vadu Rural Health Program, KEM Hospital Research Centre, Pune, India
Glob Health Action 6:21064. 2012..Anchoring vignettes is a technique that allows identifying and adjusting self-rating responses for reporting heterogeneity (RH)...
- Active case detection in national visceral leishmaniasis elimination programs in Bangladesh, India, and Nepal: feasibility, performance and costsM Mamun Huda
Centre for Communicable Diseases, ICDDR, B, Dhaka, Bangladesh
BMC Public Health 12:1001. 2012..This paper evaluates the performance and feasibility of adapting ACD strategies into national programs for VL elimination in Bangladesh, India and Nepal...
- Performance of case definitions used for influenza surveillance among hospitalized patients in a rural area of IndiaSiddhivinayak Hirve
KEM Hospital Research Centre, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Bull World Health Organ 90:804-12. 2012..To assess case definitions for influenza in a rural community in India...
- Abortion law, policy and services in India: a critical reviewSiddhivinayak S Hirve
Vadu Rural Health Programme, KEM Hospital, Pune, India
Reprod Health Matters 12:114-21. 2004....
- Effectiveness and feasibility of active and passive case detection in the visceral leishmaniasis elimination initiative in India, Bangladesh, and NepalSiddhivinayak Hirve
KEM Hospital Research Center, Rasta Peth, Pune 411011 India
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:507-11. 2010..The estimated annual VL incidence in the ACD arm ranged from 315-383 in India; 109 in Bangladesh, and 43 per 100,000 in Nepal. The additional effort and cost rises as disease incidence declines or PCD improves...