M D Gupte
- A study of antifungal antibiotic production by Streptomyces chattanoogensis MTCC 3423 using full factorial designM D Gupte
Food and Fermentation Technology Division, University of Mumbai, Department of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 35:22-6. 2002..To determine the correct levels of the three process parameters identified as the most important for maximum production of antifungal antibiotic by the newly isolated strain of Streptomyces chattanoogensis MTCC 3423...
- Components of small area variation in fertility rates among married women in south IndiaB N Murthy
National Institute of Epidemiology Indian Council of Medical Research, Chennai 600 031, India
Int J Epidemiol 32:639-44. 2003..To adapt and develop a method for finding out what proportion of the variation among small areas in the number of births to married women is excess (systematic) variation over and above the chance (random) variation...
- Lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS) for monitoring leprosy elimination in an endemic district in TamilnaduB N Murthy
National Institute of Epidemiology, Mayor V.R. Ramanathan Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600 031
Indian J Lepr 73:111-9. 2001..LQAS may be used as a tool by which one can identify high prevalence districts and target them for necessary strengthening of the programme. It may also be considered for certifying elimination achievement for a given area...
- Prevalence and distribution of cardiovascular risk factors in an urban industrial population in south India: a cross-sectional studyP Kaur
National Institute of Epidemiology, Indian Council of Medical Research, Plot R 127, 3rd Avenue, Ambattur Housing Board, Phase I and II, Chennai, India
J Assoc Physicians India 55:771-6. 2007..This study was done to determine the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in two industrial units in Chennai, India...
- Perception of HIV testing among attendees at an STD clinic in IndiaT Subramanian
ICMR, National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, India
AIDS Care 20:26-34. 2008..001). The findings in this study will help optimize HIV testing in at risk patient populations in India...
- HIV-1 prevalence in young adults in south IndiaM D Gupte
Lancet 368:114; author reply 115-6. 2006
- Estimation of measles vaccination coverage using the Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) method--Tamilnadu, India, 2002-2003Saravanan Sivasankaran
National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, India
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 55:16-9. 2006....
- A clinical trial in a developing country: many questions, few answersSomboon Kietinun
Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University, Klong Loung, Pathumatani, Thailand
Issues Med Ethics 11:89-90. 2003
- Utility of serodiagnostic tests for leprosy: a study in an endemic population in South IndiaSudhir Sinha
CJIL, Agra, Presently Division of Biochemistry, Central Drug Research Institute CSIR, Lucknow, India
Lepr Rev 75:266-73. 2004..The study clearly indicates that specific serological assays are not sensitive enough for application, both for diagnosis and for identifying any individual at risk for leprosy in the south Indian endemic population...
- An institutional outbreak of leptospirosis in Chennai, South IndiaR Ramakrishnan
National Institute of Epidemiology ICMR, Chennai
J Commun Dis 35:1-8. 2003..No further cases occurred twelve days after implementing control measures. Access to clean water, not only for drinking but also for bathing, brushing and washing is essential to prevent water-borne outbreaks...
- Application of lot quality assurance sampling for leprosy elimination monitoring--examination of some critical factorsM D Gupte
National Institute of Epidemiology, Mayor VR Ramanathan Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600 031, Tamil Nadu, India
Int J Epidemiol 33:344-8. 2004..The present exercise was aimed at validating applicability of LQAS, and adopting these modifications for monitoring leprosy elimination in Tamil Nadu state, which was highly endemic for leprosy...
- Prevalence of known diabetes in Chennai CityP V Asha Bai
National Institute of Epidemiology, Chetpet, Chennai, India
J Assoc Physicians India 49:974-81. 2001..The causes for high prevalence in > or = 40 year age group needs to be explored in this population...
- International open trial of uniform multi-drug therapy regimen for 6 months for all types of leprosy patients: rationale, design and preliminary resultsAxel Kroger
UNICEF UNDP World Bank WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases TDR, WHO, Switzerland
Trop Med Int Health 13:594-602. 2008..To describe the rationale, design and preliminary results of an open trial of 6 months uniform multi-drug therapy (U-MDT) for all types of leprosy patients assuming a cumulative relapse rate not exceeding 5% over 5 years of follow-up...