- HIV and malnutrition: effects on immune systemShalini Duggal
Department of Microbiology, Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital, Rohini, New Delhi 110085, India
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:784740. 2012..Knowledge of essential components of nutrition and incorporating them in the management goes a long way in improving quality of life and better survival in HIV-infected patients...
- Female genital TB and HIV co-infectionS Duggal
Department of Microbiology, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi 110 001, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 27:361-3. 2009....
- Rhodotorula fungemia: two cases and a brief reviewShalini Duggal
Department of Microbiology, Dr B L Kapur Memorial Hospital, Delhi, India
Med Mycol 49:879-82. 2011..These cases emphasize the emerging importance of Rhodotorula mucilaginosa as a pathogen and the importance of identification and MIC testing for all fungal isolates recovered from the blood stream...
- Case of sparganosis: a diagnostic dilemmaS Duggal
Department of Microbiology, Dr B L Kapur Memorial Hospital, New Delhi 110 005, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 29:183-6. 2011..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case from India where a sparganum-like parasite was isolated in drain fluid from the perinephric area...
- Direct inoculation on Phoenix panels for identification and antimicrobial susceptibility from positive BACTEC cultures: first study from IndiaS Duggal
Department of Microbiology, Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital, Rohini, Delhi 110085, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 29:283-7. 2011..This was a prospective study planned in a super-specialty hospital in Delhi to reduce turnaround times of identification-susceptibility results of positive blood cultures...