Affiliation: Christian Medical College
- NOD2 gene mutations associate weakly with ulcerative colitis but not with Crohn's disease in Indian patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseSrinivasan Pugazhendhi
Wellcome Trust Research Laboratory, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632004, India
Gene 512:309-13. 2013..We undertook new studies to identify polymorphisms in the NOD2 gene in the Indian population and to detect whether any of these were associated with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in this population...
- Clostridium leptum group bacteria abundance and diversity in the fecal microbiota of patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a case-control study in IndiaJayakanthan Kabeerdoss
Wellcome Trust Research Laboratory, Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 632004, India
BMC Gastroenterol 13:20. 2013..We examined the abundance and diversity of Clostridium leptum group, an important group of carbohydrate-fermenting bacteria, in the feces of patients with IBD and compared them with healthy controls...
- Environmental factors associated with Crohn's disease in IndiaSrinivasan Pugazhendhi
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 30:264-9. 2011..The frequency of diagnosis of Crohn's disease (CD) in India is increasing. This case-control study was designed to detect associations of environmental and dietary factors with the diagnosis of CD...
- Effect of yoghurt containing Bifidobacterium lactis Bb12® on faecal excretion of secretory immunoglobulin A and human beta-defensin 2 in healthy adult volunteersJayakanthan Kabeerdoss
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences and Dietary Services, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Nutr J 10:138. 2011..Probiotics are used to provide health benefits. The present study tested the effect of a probiotic yoghurt on faecal output of beta-defensin and immunoglobulin A in a group of young healthy women eating a defined diet...
- Common NOD2 mutations are absent in patients with Crohn's disease in IndiaSrinivasan Pugazhendhi
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632004, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 27:201-3. 2008..Three apparently common mutations in the NOD2 gene are found in up to 30% of sporadic patients with Crohn's disease in western countries. We examined whether such mutations are also found in Indian patients with Crohn's disease...
- Probiotic administration alters the gut flora and attenuates colitis in mice administered dextran sodium sulfateNavalpur S Nanda Kumar
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, The Wellcome Trust Research Laboratory, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1834-9. 2008..This study aimed to determine whether prior administration of probiotic lactobacilli and bifidobacteria would prevent disease and change gut flora in an animal model of colitis...