Affiliation: Christian Medical College
- Liver histology and immunohistochemical findings in asymptomatic Indians with incidental detection of hepatitis B virus infectionAshis Mukhopadhya
Department of GI Sciences, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:128-31. 2006..We evaluated the histological activity index (HAI) and hepatocyte expression of viral antigens with replicative status in asymptomatic chronic HBV infection...
- Mutations of the AAAS gene in an Indian family with Allgrove's syndromeAshis Mukhopadhya
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Ida Scudder Road, Vellore 632004, India
World J Gastroenterol 12:4764-6. 2006..Neurological symptoms were absent in both affected children. Recognition of this syndrome can lead to early treatment of adrenal insufficency and genetic counselling...
- HCV: the Indian scenarioAshis Mukhopadhya
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, TN 632004, India
Trop Gastroenterol 27:105-10. 2006..This review outlines the prevalence of hepatitis C in various population subsets in India, the association of hepatitis C and liver disease in India and the existing genotypes in India...
- Isolated liver abscesses in melioidosisA Mukhopadhya
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 004, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:150-1. 2007..Despite institution of antibiotics both the patients succumbed to their illness. Melioidosis is an emerging infection in the Indian subcontinent and can cause isolated liver abscesses...
- Hepatitis C in IndiaAshis Mukhopadhyaya
Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 004, India
J Biosci 33:465-73. 2008..This review summarizes the extent, nature and implications of this relatively new pathogen in causing disease in India...
- Correlation of hepatocyte expression of hepatitis B viral antigens with histological activity and viral titer in chronic hepatitis B virus infection: an immunohistochemical studyBanumathi Ramakrishna
Department of Pathology, Christian Medical College, Cellore, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1734-8. 2008..This study examined the relationship between the localization of hepatitis B virus antigens, histological activity, and viral titer in patients with chronic HBV infection...
- Generalized lymphadenopathy as a marker of ongoing inflammation in prolonged cholestatic hepatitis AAshis Mukhopadhya
Department of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:877-8. 2002..With normalization of transaminases, there was an accompanying reduction in size of these lymph nodes. Lymphadenopathy reflects ongoing hepatic inflammation in prolonged cholestatic hepatitis A...
- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis results in oxidative and nitrosative stress in ascitic fluidSathish Kumar Natarajan
The Wellcome Trust Research Laboratory, Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:177-81. 2007..This study examined these active species in ascitic fluid from patients with SBP, and in response to treatment...
- Investigation of a hepatitis A outbreak in children in an urban slum in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, using geographic information systemsThuppal V Sowmyanarayanan
Departments of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Med Res 128:32-7. 2008....