Affiliation: Christian Medical College
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis associated with vitamin D deficiency: a series of 15 casesV Madhuri
Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632 004, India
Bone Joint J 95:851-4. 2013..78 ng/ml (SD 5.4) versus 27.06 ng/ml (SD 5.53), respectively; p < 0.001). We concluded that, along with high BMI, there is a significant association of vitamin D deficiency and SCFE in India...
- Conservative interventions for treating diaphyseal fractures of the forearm bones in childrenVrisha Madhuri
Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 4:CD008775. 2013..There is a need to assess the role of modifiable factors such as techniques of reduction and casting in order to optimise functional recovery...
- Intracortical lipoma of bone: report of the first case in a childVrisha Madhuri
Department of Orthopaedics, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
J Pediatr Orthop B 16:327-9. 2007
- Function after total calcanectomy for malignant tumor in a child: is complex reconstruction necessary?V Madhuri
Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
J Foot Ankle Surg 51:71-5. 2012..To the best of our knowledge, a description of the gait abnormality observed after calcanectomy for tumor resection in a pediatric patient has not been reported up to now...
- Benign tumors and tumor-like lesions of the calcaneum: a study of 12 casesA T Oommen
Department of Orthopedics Unit 2, Christian Medical College, Ida Scudder Road, Vellore 632004, India
Indian J Cancer 46:234-6. 2009..Benign tumors of the calcaneum are rare. Cystic lesions such as simple bone cysts and aneurysmal bone cysts are commonly seen...
- Schwannoma of the fibulaT Palocaren
Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:803-5. 2008..There were typical hypercellular Antoni A zones, less cellular Antoni B zones, and diffuse immunoreactivity to S100 protein. This is the first report of schwannoma involving a long bone in a child...
- Slipped upper femoral epiphysis in Hashimoto's thyroiditis in a 29-year-old manA T Oommen
Department of Orthopaedics, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:666-9. 2009..The case highlights the need to consider endocrine and metabolic conditions in atypical presentation of SUFE...
- Florid reactive periostitis of the forearm bones in a childS E Mathew
Paediatric Orthopaedic Unit, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004, India
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:418-20. 2011..She developed a physeal bar in the distal ulna in the region of the lesion at one-year follow-up. This was thought to be a complication of the biopsy procedure and was treated by resection and proximal ulnar lengthening...
- Ultrasound profile of hips of South Indian infantsChirag Bhalvani
Unit of Pediatric Orthopedics, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Indian Pediatr 48:475-7. 2011..The incidence of Graf type II hips was 74/1000 infants. The incidence of sonographically abnormal hips (II, III and IV) in this population was 7.5%. The hip dislocation rate was 1 in 1000 (0.1%)...