Genomes and Genes
Rakesh K Mishra
Affiliation: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Senthilkumar R, Mishra R. Novel motifs distinguish multiple homologues of Polycomb in vertebrates: expansion and diversification of the epigenetic toolkit. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:549 pubmed publisher..The signature motifs of PC homologues and insect specific motif identified in this study pave the way to understand the molecular basis of epigenetic mechanisms. ..
- Sreesankar E, Senthilkumar R, Bharathi V, Mishra R, Mishra K. Functional diversification of yeast telomere associated protein, Rif1, in higher eukaryotes. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:255 pubmed publisher..Functional studies show that dRif1 responds differently to DNA damage, implying that dRif1 may have a different function and this may be conserved in other organisms as well. ..
- Pathak R, Srinivasan A, Mishra R. Genome-wide mapping of matrix attachment regions in Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:1022 pubmed publisher..We also identified sequence motifs and repeats that constitute MARs. Our data reveal the contact points of genome to the nuclear architecture and provide a link between nuclear functions and genomic packaging. ..
- Krishnan J, Athar F, Rani T, Mishra R. Simple sequence repeats showing 'length preference' have regulatory functions in humans. Gene. 2017;628:156-161 pubmed publisher..The results of our functional assays propose cis-gene regulatory roles for these specific length enriched SSRs and opens avenues for further investigations. ..
- Saha P, Verma S, Pathak R, Mishra R. Long Noncoding RNAs in Mammalian Development and Diseases. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;1008:155-198 pubmed publisher..This chapter presents an account on a class of such noncoding transcripts that are longer than 200 nucleotides (long noncoding RNA-lncRNA) in mammalian development and diseases. ..
- Srivastava A, Kumar A, Mishra R. Vertebrate GAF/ThPOK: emerging functions in chromatin architecture and transcriptional regulation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2018;75:623-633 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the underlying mechanisms which aid in the diverse and context-dependent functions of this protein. ..
- Sowpati D, Srivastava S, Dhawan J, Mishra R. C-State: an interactive web app for simultaneous multi-gene visualization and comparative epigenetic pattern search. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:392 pubmed publisher..It allows for powerful GUI-based pattern searching and visualization. We include a case study to demonstrate its potential for identifying user-defined epigenetic trends in context of gene expression profiles. ..
- Dasari V, Srivastava S, Khan S, Mishra R. Epigenetic factors Polycomb (Pc) and Suppressor of zeste (Su(z)2) negatively regulate longevity in Drosophila melanogaster. Biogerontology. 2018;19:33-45 pubmed publisher..Our observations highlight the role of global epigenetic regulators in determining life span. ..