Affiliation: Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Liquiritigenin derivatives and their hepatotoprotective activityRashmi Gaur
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, P O CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Nat Prod Commun 5:1243-6. 2010..05) when compared with the GalN/LPS group. The results revealed that isoliquiritigenin exhibited better hepatoprotective activity than liquiritigenin and its derivatives...
- Influence of Moringa oleifera on pharmacokinetic disposition of rifampicin using HPLC-PDA method: a pre-clinical studyAnirban Pal
Division of Molecular Bioprospection, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, CSIR, Lucknow, India
Biomed Chromatogr 25:641-5. 2011..In conclusion, the result of this study suggested that the bioavailability-enhancing property of MoAF may help to lower the dosage level and shorten the treatment course of rifampicin...
- Tricyclic sesquiterpenes from Vetiveria zizanoides (L.) Nash as antimycobacterial agentsGaurav R Dwivedi
Biotechnology Division, CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, P O CIMAP, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, 226 015, India
Chem Biol Drug Des 82:587-94. 2013..Finally, compound 2 was found safe at the highest dose of 2000 mg/kg body weight. Being edible, fragrant natural products, 1 and 2 will have advantage over the existing synthetic drugs...
- In silico and in vivo anti-malarial studies of 18β glycyrrhetinic acid from Glycyrrhiza glabraKomal Kalani
Medicinal Chemistry Department, CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
PLoS ONE 8:e74761. 2013..5-250 mg/kg on day 8. To the best of our knowledge this is the first ever report on the anti-malarial potential of GA. Further work on optimization of the anti-malarial lead is under progress...
- In vivo efficacy and synergistic interaction of 16α-hydroxycleroda-3, 13 (14) Z-dien-15, 16-olide, a clerodane diterpene from Polyalthia longifolia against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusVivek Kumar Gupta
CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, P O CIMAP, Lucknow, 226 015, India
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:9121-31. 2013..In infected mice, CD significantly (P < 0.001) lowered the systemic microbial load in blood, liver, kidney, lung and spleen tissues and did not exhibit any significant toxicity at 100 mg/kg body weight...
- Bioactivity guided isolation of antipsychotic constituents from the leaves of Rauwolfia tetraphylla LShikha Gupta
Medicinal Chemistry Department, Bioprospection Division, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, India
Fitoterapia 83:1092-9. 2012..The isolated alkaloids, 3-6 could serve as a promising lead structure for drug development of treating psychotic conditions in human...
- A novel approach for development and characterization of effective mosquito repellent cream formulation containing citronella oilNarayan Prasad Yadav
Herbal Medicinal Products Department, CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, P O CIMAP, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226 015, India
Biomed Res Int 2014:786084. 2014..The pronounced texture profile and stability of B5 with extended residence time and less PII revealed its potential application in industry and offered a promising alternative to the marketed products of synthetic origin...
- Anticancer activity, toxicity and pharmacokinetic profile of an indanone derivativeDebabrata Chanda
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, UP, India
Eur J Pharm Sci 47:988-95. 2012..Pharmacokinetic studies in rabbits revealed rate of absorption, half life, volume of distribution with high plasma and blood clearance after i.v. administration. Indanone 1, is a safe and moderately active anticancer agent...
- Antiplasmodial activity of artecyclopentyl mether a new artemisinin derivative and its effect on pathogenesis in Plasmodium yoelii nigeriensis infected miceJyoti Agarwal
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, CSIR, P O CIMAP, 226015 Lucknow, India
Parasitol Res 109:1003-8. 2011..76-95.43%), lipid peroxidation (59.30-76.05%) and glycaemic data (62.70-76.66%). The results indicate the potentiality of the new derivative as an antimalarial against asexual stages of the parasite...
- Synergistic effect of silymarin and standardized extract of Phyllanthus amarus against CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in Rattus norvegicusNarayan P Yadav
In Vivo Testing Facility, Genetic Resources and Biotechnology Division, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Near Kukrail Picnic Spot, PO CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Phytomedicine 15:1053-61. 2008..amarus showed better activity due to the higher concentration of phyllanthin in ethanolic extract in comparison to aqueous extract of P. amarus as estimated by HPLC...
- Flavonoids Rich Fraction of Citrus limetta Fruit Peels Reduces Proinflammatory Cytokine Production and Attenuates Malaria PathogenesisShilpa Mohanty
In Vivo Testing Laboratory, Molecular Bioprospection Department, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants CSIR CIMAP, Lucknow, India
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 16:544-52. 2015..Results suggested the suitability of ClEt, a flavonoid rich fraction of Citrus limetta fruit peels as a candidate for further investigation towards the management of malaria pathogenesis. ..
- Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn--a critical ethnopharmacological reviewJyoti Agrawal
In Vivo Testing Facility, Molecular Bio prospection Department, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Lucknow 226015, India
J Ethnopharmacol 146:645-58. 2013..Vitally, the natives plant it in their home gardens to pass on its medicinal usage to oncoming generations...
- Novel anti-inflammatory phytoconstituents from Desmodium gangeticumAkhilesh K Yadav
a Analytical Chemistry Department, CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow, India
Nat Prod Res 27:1639-45. 2013..In addition, compounds 3 and 6 were investigated for their effects on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages for the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as tumour necrosis factor-α and interleukin-6. ..