Anil Bhanudas Gaikwad
Affiliation: Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- Kadakol A, Pandey A, Goru S, Malek V, Gaikwad A. Insulin sensitizing and cardioprotective effects of Esculetin and Telmisartan combination by attenuating Ang II mediated vascular reactivity and cardiac fibrosis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;765:591-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, the study urges us to conclude that the solution to IR and associated cardiovascular dysfunction may lie in the Telmisartan and Esculetin combination therapy. ..
- Pandey A, Malek V, Prabhakar V, Kulkarni Y, Gaikwad A. Nanoparticles: A Neurotoxicological Perspective. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2015;14:1317-27 pubmed..This review may help in improving the understanding of the mechanisms associated with nanoparticle induced neurotoxicity so as to devise ways to overcome the associated neurotoxicity. ..
- Kadakol A, Goru S, Malek V, Gaikwad A. Esculetin ameliorates vascular perturbation by intervening in the occupancy of H2BK120Ub at At1, At2, Tgf?1 and Mcp1 promoter gene in thoracic aorta of IR and T2D rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;95:1461-1468 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our investigation concluded with the involvement of esculetin in the amelioration of vascular perturbation by modifying H2BK120Ub along with occupancy at At1, At2, Tgf?1 and Mcp1 promoter gene. ..
- Kadakol A, Sharma N, Kulkarni Y, Gaikwad A. Esculetin: A phytochemical endeavor fortifying effect against non-communicable diseases. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:1442-1448 pubmed publisher..This may help us in improving our understanding of the molecule and may encourage the researchers to ponder over further development of esculetin as a potential therapeutic intervention in NCDs. ..
- Pandey A, Gaikwad A. Compound 21 and Telmisartan combination mitigates type 2 diabetic nephropathy through amelioration of caspase mediated apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:827-833 pubmed publisher..Hence further research should be done to develop this combination to treat T2DN. ..
- Pandey A, Raj P, Goru S, Kadakol A, Malek V, Sharma N, et al. Esculetin ameliorates hepatic fibrosis in high fat diet induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease by regulation of FoxO1 mediated pathway. Pharmacol Rep. 2017;69:666-672 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the efficiency of Esculetin in improving liver fibrosis in HFD induced NAFLD. ..
- Pandey A, Goru S, Kadakol A, Malek V, Sharma N, Gaikwad A. H2AK119 monoubiquitination regulates Angiotensin II receptor mediated macrophage infiltration and renal fibrosis in type 2 diabetic rats. Biochimie. 2016;131:68-76 pubmed publisher..Thus an approach targeting AT1R blockade and AT2R activation accompanied by an epigenetic modulator may be more suitable to ameliorate the macrophage infiltration and fibrosis associated with T2DN. ..
- Malek V, Gaikwad A. Neprilysin inhibitors: A new hope to halt the diabetic cardiovascular and renal complications?. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;90:752-759 pubmed publisher..S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of heart failure. This concise review intends to summarise the currently available reports on NEPi as a therapeutic intervention to treat CVD and CKD associated with diabetes. ..