Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Aravind Eye Hospital
- Bilateral spontaneous hyphema in juvenile xanthogranulomaP Vijayalakshmi
Aravind Eye Care System, 1, Anna Nagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 54:45-6. 2006..The diagnosis of juvenile xanthogranuloma was confirmed by histopathological examination of the cutaneous lesions. The hyphaema cleared gradually in 2 weeks time with conservative management...
- Prevalence of eye signs in congenital rubella syndrome in South India: a role for population screeningP Vijayalakshmi
Aravind Eye Hospital, 1, Annanagar, Madurai 625 020, India
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1467-70. 2007..This population-based study was aimed at screening children below 5 years of age for ocular signs suspicious of CRS...
- Congenital unilateral ocular fibrosis syndrome secondary to benign congenital tumorP Vijayalakshmi
Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Anna Nagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 54:123-5. 2006..Prenatal orbital penetration has been proposed as a cause of this syndrome. We report a case of this rare syndrome associated with an adjacent sinus tumor...
- Ocular manifestations of congenital rubella syndrome in a developing countryP Vijayalakshmi
Department of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospitals, Madurai, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 50:307-11. 2002..To describe the ocular manifestations of congenital rubella syndrome (CRS), a common cause of congenital cataracts in developing countries...
- Weill-Marchesani syndrome associated with retinitis pigmentosaJitendra Jethani
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospitals, 1, Annanagar, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:142-3. 2007..Though RP has been associated with ectopia lentis in earlier reports, this is, to the best of our knowledge, the first case report describing the association of RP and Weill-Marchesani syndrome...
- Wildervanck syndrome associated with cleft palate and short statureAnand Kumar
Aravind Eye Care System 1, Anna Nagar, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625 020, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 58:323-5. 2010..Our patient had the complete triad of the syndrome along with cleft palate and short stature. Also, a review of the literature regarding this syndrome is presented here...
- An outbreak of trematode-induced granulomas of the conjunctivaS Rathinam
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, India. Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1223-9. 2001..Sporadic cases from other parts of the state with similar histories of exposure to their local pond or river water suggest a widespread distribution of the etiologic agent...
- Atypical ophthalmological presentation of neurocysticercosis in two childrenJitendra Jethani
Department of Paediatric Opthalmology and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospital, Tamilnadu, India
J AAPOS 11:495-6. 2007..We report an atypical presentation of neurocysticercosis in two patients, with chief complaints of vertical diplopia and nystagmus...
- Bilateral Duane retraction syndrome with optic nerve hypoplasiaAnand Kumar
Department of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Bombay City Eye Institute and Research Center, Mumbai, India
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 47:e1-4. 2010..Both conditions were caused presumably due to a common disturbance of neuronal development during the second month of embryogenesis...
- Completion rates of anterior and posterior continuous curvilinear capsulorrhexis in pediatric cataract surgery for surgery performed by trainee surgeons with the use of a low-cost viscoelasticR Muralidhar
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 60:144-6. 2012..Pediatric cataract surgery is traditionally done with the aid of high-molecular-weight viscoelastics which are expensive. It needs to be determined if low-cost substitutes are just as successful...
- Atypical association of Duane retraction syndrome and Bardet Biedl syndromeJitendra Jethani
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:139-41. 2007..This case gives further evidence of the fact that BBS may be associated with abnormalities of eye movements...
- Lipoid proteinosis of Urbach and Weithe: case report and a brief review of the literatureMonal P Sainani
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, India
Int Ophthalmol 31:141-3. 2011..We describe a patient who presented to us with typical moniliform blepharosis. A brief description of relevance to the ophthalmologist and review of the literature follows...
- Inferior rectus paresis and medial rectus overaction following retrobulbar anesthesia for cataract surgeryR Muralidhar
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, India
Int Ophthalmol 30:435-8. 2010..The presenting symptom was diplopia increasing on downgaze, which improved with medial rectus recession and plication of the inferior rectus...
- Surgical outcome in monocular elevation deficit: a retrospective interventional studyRakhi Bandyopadhyay
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Department, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 56:127-33. 2008..In this study, we performed different surgical procedures in patients of MED and evaluated their outcome, based on ocular alignment, improvement in elevation and binocular functions...
- Mutations that are a common cause of Leber congenital amaurosis in northern America are rare in southern IndiaPeriasamy Sundaresan
Department of Genetics, Dr G Venkataswamy Eye Research Institute, Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
Mol Vis 15:1781-7. 2009..To test patients from southern India for the presence of mutations that most commonly cause Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) in northern America...
- Congenital corneal anesthesia: a series of four case reportsM M Mathen
Aravind Eye Hospitals and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Tamil Nadu, India
Cornea 20:194-6. 2001..Early diagnosis, symptomatic treatment and measures to prevent further corneal damage will immensely help in retaining useful vision for the affected children...
- Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus in IndiaP Vijayalakshmi
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Anna Nagar, South India
J AAPOS 8:18-9. 2004
- Duane retraction syndrome associated with oculocutaneous albinism: an ocular miswiringJitendra Jethani
Indian J Ophthalmol 54:283-4. 2006
- Novel mutations in the gamma-crystallin genes cause autosomal dominant congenital cataractsS T Santhiya
J Med Genet 39:352-8. 2002
- Congenital or acquired Horner's?Ketki Toprani
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:399-400. 2007