- Inflammatory pseudotumour of the caecum: a case report
Department of General Surgery, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie
Scott Med J 49:157-8. 2004
..She recovered well and was discharged home 5 days post-operatively. At present, she is free of symptoms...
- Hernias are the most common cause of strangulation in patients presenting with small bowel obstruction
University Department of Surgery, Western Infirmary, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, G11 6NT, UK
Hernia 10:338-40. 2006
..Strangulation is associated with a 10-fold increase in mortality. The aim of the present study was to identify the most frequent causes of strangulation in patients presenting with small bowel obstruction...
- Laparoscopic colorectal resection does not reduce incisional hernia rates when compared with open colorectal resection
University Department of Surgery, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, G11 6NT, Scotland
Surg Endosc 22:689-92. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the incidence of incisional hernias after elective open colorectal resection versus laparoscopic colorectal resection...
- Curative colorectal resections in patients aged 80 years and older: clinical characteristics, morbidity, mortality and risk factors
Department of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospitals of Leicester, Gwendolen Road, Leicester LE5 4PW, UK
Int J Colorectal Dis 28:941-7. 2013
..The management of colorectal cancer in the elderly presents unique challenges. The objective of this study was to determine outcomes following curative colorectal resection in patients aged 80 years and older...
- A complex fistula caused by an eroding pelvic mesh sling
Professorial Unit of Surgery, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, G11 6NT, UK
Hernia 11:75-8. 2007
..He had to have a total cystectomy, small bowel resection and mesh removal in order to alleviate his symptoms...
- Closure of loop ileostomies: is early discharge safe and achievable?
Department of General Surgery, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie, UK
Scott Med J 55:27-9. 2010
..Thus early discharge following closure of a loop ileostomy, can be achieved with an acceptably low serious complication rate...
- Conversion of hip arthrodesis to hip resurfacing: a case report
Department of Orthopaedics, Monklands Hospital, Monkscourt Avenue, Airdrie, ML6 OJS, United Kingdom
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 17:243-4. 2009
..Conversion to a total hip replacement or hip resurfacing leads to resolution of symptoms in most patients. We report a 40-year-old man who underwent conversion of a hip arthrodesis to hip resurfacing with good results...
- Laparoscopic colonic resection in fast-track patients does not enhance short-term recovery after elective surgery
University Department of Surgery, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:368-72. 2007
..The aim of our study was to investigate whether laparoscopic colorectal resection improved recovery with the use of a multimodal rehabilitation programme...