- Cirrhosis in Turner's syndrome: case report and literature review
Transplant Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:707-9. 2000
..Cardiac, renal and skeletal anomalies are all well recognized. The possible association of Turner's syndrome with cirrhosis is herein discussed along with a review of the published literature...
- Hepatitis B virus vaccination of recipients and donors of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Transplant 17:438-43. 2003
..The aim of this study was to determine the role of hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination as defined by the seroconversion to hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) positivity in peripheral blood stem cell transplants...
- Impaired antibody response rates after high dose short interval hepatitis B virus vaccination of immunosuppressed individuals
Loyola University Medical Center, Dept of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Maywood, IL, USA
Hepatogastroenterology 50:217-21. 2003
- Hepatitis B surface antigen seroconversion is associated with favourable long-term clinical outcomes during lamivudine treatment in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 19:220-6. 2012
..These results indicate that HBsAg seroclearance can occur in patients with HBeAg-negative CHB under LMV therapy and predicts better clinical outcome...
- A short course of add-on adefovir dipivoxil treatment in lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B patients
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 16:279-85. 2009
..The data indicate that a time limited add-on strategy does not provide benefit over the switch strategy with respect emergence of ADV resistant mutants in LAM-R CHB patients...
- Increased effective immunogenicity to high-dose and short-interval hepatitis B virus vaccination in individuals with chronic hepatitis without cirrhosis
N De Maria
Loyola University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Viral Hepat 8:372-6. 2001
..These data suggest that HBV vaccination should be accomplished early in an individual cause of chronic liver disease prior to the development of cirrhosis...
- Anti-viral prophylaxis in inactive hepatitis B virus carriers with hemato-oncological malignancies who receive chemotherapy
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 52:39-45. 2006
- Influence of sex hormonal status on alcohol-induced oxidative injury in male and female rat liver
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:1467-73. 2000
..The aim of the study was to determine the relationship between the sex hormone status of male and female rats and the degree of alcohol-induced oxidative stress in the liver...
- Evaluation of the effect of transplant-related factors and tissue injury on donor-derived hepatocyte and gastrointestinal epithelial cell repopulation following hematopoietic cell transplantation
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:199-206. 2006
..05). We conclude that some recipient hepatocytes and gastrointestinal tract epithelial cells are replaced by donor-derived cells during tissue injury. The severity of tissue injury seems to influence on the extent of this repopulation...
- Lymphoproliferative disorders in chronic hepatitis C
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
J Viral Hepat 11:302-9. 2004
..The prevalence of LPDs in individuals with HCV-induced chronic liver disease is greater than that of the normal healthy population...
- Clinical trial: insulin-sensitizing agents may reduce consequences of insulin resistance in individuals with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:200-8. 2008
..Currently, although only a few therapies normalize the liver test abnormalities with/without improving the liver histology, no pharmacologic therapy has proved to be effective for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis...
- Sexual dysfunctions in HCV patients and its correlations with psychological and biological variables
Division of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Impot Res 17:175-9. 2005
..05). Our results indicate that the prevalence of SD was 35% in HCV-infected patients and the level of depression and GGT levels were predictive of patients SD status...
- Natural history and treatment of chronic delta hepatitis
Gastroenterology Department, University of Ankara Medical School, Hepatology Institute, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 17:749-56. 2010
..New approaches to treatment of CDH are an urgent need of which the use of prenylation inhibitors appears the most promising...
- Lamivudine prophylaxis for prevention of chemotherapy-induced hepatitis B virus reactivation in hepatitis B virus carriers with malignancies
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Viral Hepat 11:141-7. 2004
..No lamivudine-related major adverse effects were observed. Hence prophylactic lamivudine treatment in HBV carriers with haemato/oncological malignancy receiving chemotherapy prevents chemotherapy-induced HBV reactivation...
- Hepatitis B core antigen expression pattern reflects the response to anti-viral treatment
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Blok 30 Daire 11, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:977-81. 2006
..The aim of the present paper was to evaluate the role of HBcAg expression in liver tissue and the rate of hepatocyte proliferation in response to antiviral treatment in chronic hepatitis B...
- The effect of high dose and short interval HBV vaccination in individuals with chronic hepatitis C
Department of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:435-9. 2002
..From these data, it is suggested that a high dose and a short interval between HBV vaccinations may produce an effective and early antibody response in such patients...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha L162V polymorphism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and genotype 1 hepatitis C virus-related liver steatosis
Institute of Hepatology, Ankara University, Turkey
J Investig Med 53:353-9. 2005
..In this study, the frequency of L162V was investigated in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and genotype 1 hepatitis C virus (HCV)-related liver steatosis...
- Lamivudine treatment in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with low level viraemia
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Cebeci, Ankara Turkey
Antivir Ther 10:319-25. 2005
..Our aim was to determine the short-term natural course of viraemia and the response to lamivudine treatment in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with a persistently low hepatitis B virus (HBV)-DNA level...
- Complete genome sequence and phylogenetic analysis of hepatitis B virus isolated from Turkish patients with chronic HBV infection
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Med Virol 76:476-81. 2005
..Genotype D of HBV DNA and subtype ayw2 of surface gene represent almost the whole Turkish patient population infected with HBV...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid analysis in individuals with chronic hepatitis C
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ankara, Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Med Virol 66:34-9. 2002
..This finding may contribute to the process that leads to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis seen in a minority of cases of chronic hepatitis C...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid treatment in isolated chronic graft-vs.-host disease of the liver
Department of Hematology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Transplant 19:798-803. 2005
- Intestinal B cell lymphoma associated with chronic hepatitis C and celiac disease
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 50:2359-61. 2005
- Lamivudine prophylaxis in HBV carriers with haemato-oncological malignancies who receive chemotherapy
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:828-31. 2005
..Finally, the prophylactic use of lamivudine in inactive HBV carriers with haemato-oncological malignancy prevents interruptions in their treatment for primary disease as a result of HBV reactivation...
- Is pain experienced during liver biopsy an important factor?
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:102-3. 2002
- Impaired response to high-dose interferon treatment in African-Americans with chronic hepatitis C
Nicola De Maria
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Loyola University Medical Center, Building 114, Room 48, 2160 South 1st Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Hepatogastroenterology 49:788-92. 2002
..The aim of this retrospective case-control study was to determine the response rate to high dose interferon-alpha treatment in two racial groups with chronic hepatitis C virus infection...
- Trefoil factor expression in biliary epithelium of graft-versus-host disease of the liver after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplantation 80:1099-104. 2005