Arun K Sigurdardottir
Affiliation: University of Akureyri
- Self-care in diabetes: model of factors affecting self-careArun K Sigurdardottir
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Akureyri, PO Box 224, IS 602 Akureyri, Iceland
J Clin Nurs 14:301-14. 2005..The aim of this paper is to explore self-care in diabetes and to present a model of factors that affect self-care according to reviewed literature...
- Socioeconomic status and differences in medication use among older people according to ATC categories and urban-rural residencyArun K Sigurdardottir
University of Akureyri, Solborg, Nordurslod, Akureyri, Iceland
Scand J Public Health 41:311-7. 2013....
- Reliability and validity of the Icelandic version of the Problem Area in Diabetes (PAID) ScaleA K Sigurdardottir
Faculty of Health, University of Akureyri, Solborg, 600 Akureyri, Iceland
Int J Nurs Stud 45:526-33. 2008..Diabetes is a burdensome disease that increases distress among people with diabetes...
- Outcomes of educational interventions in type 2 diabetes: WEKA data-mining analysisArun K Sigurdardottir
University of Akureyri, 600 Akureyri, Iceland
Patient Educ Couns 67:21-31. 2007..To analyze which factors contribute to improvement in glycemic control in educational interventions in type 2 diabetes reported in randomized controlled trials (RCT) published in 2001-2005...
- Empowerment in diabetes care: towards measuring empowermentArun K Sigurdardottir
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Akureyri, Akureyri, Iceland
Scand J Caring Sci 22:284-91. 2008..However, it needs further testing. Empowerment is highly valued within the clinical arena, as well as when health professionals study patients' capacity to deal with health problems...
- [Medication use among community-dwelling older Icelanders. Population-based study in urban and rural areas]Arun K Sigurdardottir
Laeknabladid 97:675-80. 2011..Moreover, to explore the relationship between medication use and various influential factors emphasizing residency in urban and rural areas...
- Instruments to tailor care of people with type 2 diabetesArun K Sigurdardottir
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Akureyri, Iceland
J Adv Nurs 65:2118-30. 2009..This paper is a report of a study conducted to assess the effectiveness of an educational intervention for people with type 2 diabetes based on self-completed instruments to identify particular areas of self-care needs...
- [Self-care and empowerment in diabetes care: use of instruments in clinical practice - a review]Arun K Sigurdardottir
heilbrigdisdeild Háskólans á Akureyri, Solborg, 600 Akureyri
Laeknabladid 95:349-55. 2009..The care should be based on answers from the instruments and goals which people with diabetes choose to work towards. The education should be based on the empowerment approach...