Brynja B Magnusdottir
Affiliation: Landspitali University Hospital
- Developments in schizophrenia genetics: from linkage to microchips, deletions and duplicationsH Magnus Haraldsson
Landspitalinn National University Hospital, Division of Psychiatry, Hringbraut, 101, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nord J Psychiatry 65:82-8. 2011..For most of these, the evidence for association with schizophrenia remains weak and attempts of replication not always successful nor easy to interpret...
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in the investigation and treatment of schizophrenia: a reviewH Magnus Haraldsson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin, 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Schizophr Res 71:1-16. 2004..Such studies may reveal impaired effective connectivity between specific brain areas, which could identify these regions as targets for selective stimulation with therapeutic doses of TMS...
- Eye movement deficits in schizophrenia: investigation of a genetically homogenous Icelandic sampleH Magnus Haraldsson
Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:373-83. 2008..Additional aims were to investigate the relationship between AS and SPEM task performance and to assess internal consistency, within-session performance changes and effects of SPEM target velocity on performance...
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase Val 158 Met polymorphism and antisaccade eye movements in schizophreniaHaraldur Magnus Haraldsson
Division of Psychiatry, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Schizophr Bull 36:157-64. 2010..2). The results suggest that COMT val(158) carrier status is associated with better performance on the antisaccade task. Possible explanations of this finding are discussed...
- Neuregulin-1 genotypes and eye movements in schizophreniaH Magnus Haraldsson
Division of Psychiatry, Landspitali University Hospital, Hringbraut, 101, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 260:77-85. 2010..However, the power of the sample to identify small effects is limited and the possibility of a type II error must be kept in mind. Larger samples may be needed to reliably investigate such gene effects on oculomotor endophenotypes...
- COMT val(158)met genotype and smooth pursuit eye movements in schizophreniaH Magnus Haraldsson
Division of Psychiatry, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Psychiatry Res 169:173-5. 2009..SPEM deficits in schizophrenia appear to be determined by genotypes other than rs4680, although the study may have lacked power to detect small effects...
- Support for involvement of the AHI1 locus in schizophreniaAndres Ingason
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur J Hum Genet 15:988-91. 2007..Thus, our results are in general agreement with the previous report, with the strongest association signal observed in a region upstream of the AHI1 gene...