Affiliation: Landspitali University Hospital
- Airway closure in anesthetized infants and children: influence of inspiratory pressures and volumesA Thorsteinsson
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Landspitalinn University Hospital, Hringbraut, Iceland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:529-36. 2002..We hypothesized that airway closure is uncommon in children with healthy lungs when inspiratory pressures are kept low, but paradoxically may occur when inspiratory pressures are increased...
- Severe labetalol overdose in an 8-month-old infantAdalbjorn Thorsteinsson
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Landspitali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Paediatr Anaesth 18:435-8. 2008..kg(-1)). Remarkably, the medication error had a surprisingly limited clinical effect on the infant who survived the incident. We discuss the pharmacokinetic, pharmocodynamic and possible explanations for this fortunate turn of events...
- [A case report. Hypotensive reaction caused by albumin infusion]M Eriksson
, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 98:439-42. 2001..When possible, doctors should consider withholding ACE inhibitors 24 hours before surgical procedures likely to require albumin transfusions...
- Effects of lung recruitment maneuver and positive end-expiratory pressure on lung volume, respiratory mechanics and alveolar gas mixing in patients ventilated after cardiac surgeryThomas Dyhr
Department of Anesthesiology, Gentofte University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:717-25. 2002....
- A new flow cytometric method for measurement of von Willebrand factor activityT L Lindahl
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 63:217-23. 2003..However, VWF:RCo has low precision, poor inter-laboratory reproducibility and requires an aggregometer. Many routine laboratories are not equipped with aggregometers but have flow cytometers instead...
- Both lung recruitment maneuver and PEEP are needed to increase oxygenation and lung volume after cardiac surgeryT Dyhr
Department of Anesthesiology, Gentofte University Hospital, Copenhagen University, Hellerup, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:187-97. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether only PEEP or only a LRM could give similar effects...
- An automated method for measuring static pressure-volume curves of the respiratory system and its application in healthy lungs and after lung damage by oleic acid infusionY Zhao
Center for Model Based Medical Decision Support, Institute for Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Niels Jernes Vej 14, 4 311, Aalborg East, Denmark
Physiol Meas 28:235-47. 2007..The paused long inflation-deflation technique provides a quick, automated measurement of static PV curves on both inspiratory and expiratory limbs using routinely available equipment in the intensive care unit...
- Does a positive end-expiratory pressure-induced reduction in stroke volume indicate preload responsiveness? An experimental studyP Lambert
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Aalborg Hospital, Arhus University Hospitals, Aalborg, Denmark
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:415-25. 2007..In addition, other measures of fluid status were assessed...