Sigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Affiliation: Iceland University of Education
- Relation of heart rate to percent VO2 peak during submaximal exercise in the heatSigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Department of Exercise Science, University of Georgia Athens, Georgia 30602 6554, USA
J Appl Physiol 94:1162-8. 2003..At high T(a), the dissociation of HR from %Vo(2 peak) measured after sustained submaximal exercise is less than if Vo(2 max) is assumed to be unchanged during exercise in the heat...
- Cooling vest worn during active warm-up improves 5-km run performance in the heatSigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Department of Excercise Science, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 6554, USA
J Appl Physiol 96:1867-74. 2004..Reduced thermal and cardiovascular strain and perception of thermal discomfort in the early portion of the run appear to permit a faster pace later in the run...
- Hyperthermia and maximal oxygen uptake in men and womenSigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Department of Exercise Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 6554, USA
Eur J Appl Physiol 92:524-32. 2004..Data are reported as mean (SD) unless otherwise stated...
- The relation of fatness to insulin is independent of fitness in 9- but not 15-yr-oldsSigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Center for Sport and Health Sciences, Iceland University of Education, Laugarvatn, Iceland
Med Sci Sports Exerc 40:43-9. 2008..To explore the relationship between varying aerobic fitness (fitness), fatness, and fasting insulin levels in healthy children...
- Predictors of fatness and physical fitness in nine-year-old Icelandic school childrenKristjan T Magnusson
Center for Research in Sport and Health Sciences, Iceland University of Education, Laugarvatn, Iceland
Int J Pediatr Obes 3:217-25. 2008..The main objectives of this study were to assess predictors of fitness and fatness of 9-year-old school children in Iceland...
- Effects of a 6-month multimodal training intervention on retention of functional fitness in older adults: a randomized-controlled cross-over designJanus Gudlaugsson
Centre for Research in Sport and Health Sciences, University of Iceland, Laugarvatn, Iceland
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 9:107. 2012..The main purpose of this study was to assess the immediate and long-term effects of a 6-month multimodal training intervention (MTI) on functional fitness in old adults...
- Endurance training reduces end-exercise VO2 and muscle use during submaximal cyclingMichael J Saunders
Department of Exercise Science, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:257-62. 2003..End-exercise VO2 during heavy, constant-load exercise is reduced after endurance training, due to an attenuated VO2 slow component...
- Effect of resistance exercise on postprandial lipemiaDarby S Petitt
Department of Exercise Science, University of Georgia, Athens 30602 6554, USA
J Appl Physiol 94:694-700. 2003..Resting fat oxidation was significantly greater after RE than after Con (21%) and AE (28%). These results indicate that resistance exercise lowers baseline and postprandial TG, and increases resting fat oxidation, 16 h after exercise...
- Change in body mass index is a stronger predictor of change in fat mass than lean mass in elderly black and white womenSigurbjorn A Arngrimsson
Center for Sport and Health Sciences, Iceland University of Education, 840 Laugarvatn, Iceland
Am J Hum Biol 21:124-6. 2009..76, SEE = 1.10 kg LST, P < 0.001). Change in BMI more strongly predicts change in FM than LST and could be used to monitor change in FM in community-dwelling women...