- Risk of colorectal cancer associated with active smoking among female teachers
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 24:1291-304. 2013
- Adipose levels of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and risk of breast cancer
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, 2001 Center Street, Berkeley, CA, 94704, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 129:505-11. 2011
..Given the high levels of PBDEs found in this population of California women, future studies are warranted. Such studies would benefit from a larger sample size, a more representative control series, and/or a prospective design...
- Birth size and breast cancer risk among young California-born women
Department of Research, Cancer Prevention Institute of California, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1461-70. 2011
..Evaluate the risk of breast cancer associated with birth size among young California-born women...
- The association between neighborhood characteristics and body size and physical activity in the California teachers study cohort
Theresa H M Keegan
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Fremont, 94538, USA
Am J Public Health 102:689-97. 2012
..We considered interactions between physical activity and body mass index (BMI) and neighborhood factors...
- High concentrations of polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs) in breast adipose tissue of California women
Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, California Department of Toxic Substances Control, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Environ Int 37:190-7. 2011
..These data may be helpful in establishing a baseline for PBDE body burdens to gauge changes over time as a result of restrictions in the use of PBDE formulations...
- Passive smoking and risk of breast cancer in the California teachers study
Northern California Cancer Center, Berkeley, 94704, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3389-98. 2009
..This risk association was explored in a large prospective study of women, the California Teachers Study...
- Distribution of persistent, lipid-soluble chemicals in breast and abdominal adipose tissues: lessons learned from a breast cancer study
Hazardous Materials Laboratory, California Department of Toxic Substances Control, Berkeley, CA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:416-24. 2004
- An excess of breast cancer among young California-born Asian women
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, USA
Ethn Dis 21:196-201. 2011
..To compare breast cancer risk among young Asian and Pacific Islander (API) women to White women, all of whom were born in California during the 1960s...