Affiliation: University of Szeged
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Bioinorganic chemistry, artificial metallonucleases.
- Gyurcsik B. [Modeling of potential metal binding sites of glycoproteins]. Acta Pharm Hung. 2000;70:146-59 pubmed
- Nagy G, Gyurcsik B, Hoffmann E, Kortvelyesi T. Theoretical design of a specific DNA-Zinc-finger protein interaction with semi-empirical quantum chemical methods. J Mol Graph Model. 2011;29:928-34 pubmed publisher..The stacking interactions between the nucleic bases were also characterized in the DNA duplexes. ..
- Szabó Plánka T, Gyurcsik B, Pálinkó I, Nagy N, Rockenbauer A, Sípoš R, et al. Effect of fluorine position on the coordinating ability of fluorosalicylic acids--an experimental study complemented with computations. J Inorg Biochem. 2011;105:75-83 pubmed publisher..For the interpretation of these findings, ab initio and semi-empirical quantum chemical calculations were carried out for the ligand molecules, isolated and surrounded by water molecules, respectively. ..
- Kolozsi A, Vosekalna I, Martinek T, Larsen E, Gyurcsik B. Copper(II) and zinc(II) ion binding properties of a MAP type branched ligand with histidines as surface functionalities. Dalton Trans. 2009;:5647-54 pubmed publisher..The second metal ion is probably surrounded by two amide nitrogens and two others either from amino or imidazole donor groups. ..
- Jakab N, Jancsó A, Gajda T, Gyurcsik B, Rockenbauer A. Copper(II), nickel(II) and zinc(II) complexes of N-acetyl-His-Pro-His-His-NH2: equilibria, solution structure and enzyme mimicking. J Inorg Biochem. 2008;102:1438-48 pubmed publisher..At pH 10 an octahedral NiH(-2)L species is present at first, which transforms slowly to a yellow square planar complex. ..
- Szabó Plánka T, Gyurcsik B, Nagy N, Rockenbauer A, Sípoš R, Sima J, et al. Complexation of 5-fluorosalicylic acid with copper(II): a pH-potentiometric, UV-vis spectroscopic, and electron spin resonance study by the two-dimensional simulation of spectra. J Inorg Biochem. 2008;102:101-9 pubmed..In frozen solutions, the ESR analysis revealed a slight rhombic distortion of coordination polyhedra for the latter three species. ..
- Gyurcsik B, Haruki H, Takahashi T, Mihara H, Nagata K. Binding modes of the precursor of adenovirus major core protein VII to DNA and template activating factor I: implication for the mechanism of remodeling of the adenovirus chromatin. Biochemistry. 2006;45:303-13 pubmed..This binding mode suggests the formation of the ternary complexes among DNA, protein VII, and TAF-I. On the basis of the binding modes in binary systems, we discussed the remodeling mechanism of the Ad core in early phases of infection. ..
- Haruki H, Gyurcsik B, Okuwaki M, Nagata K. Ternary complex formation between DNA-adenovirus core protein VII and TAF-Ibeta/SET, an acidic molecular chaperone. FEBS Lett. 2003;555:521-7 pubmed..In vitro binding assays using recombinant proteins showed that TAF-I forms ternary complexes with DNA-protein VII complexes. ..
- Dörnyei Á, Kilyén M, Kiss T, Gyurcsik B, Laczkó I, Pécsváradi A, et al. The effects of Al(III) speciation on the activity of trypsin. J Inorg Biochem. 2003;97:118-23 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that there is no direct involvement of Al(III) in the enzymatic reactions of trypsin. ..
- Burger K, Illes J, Gyurcsik B, Gazdag M, Forrai E, Dekany I, et al. Metal ion coordination of macromolecular bioligands: formation of zinc(II) complex of hyaluronic acid. Carbohydr Res. 2001;332:197-207 pubmed
- Gyurcsik B, Gajda T, Nagy L, Burger K. [Structural and equilibrium studies of the proton and copper(II) complexes of N-D-gluconylglycine]. Acta Pharm Hung. 1993;63:115-27 pubmed..At pH > 9, further base-consuming processes start as an indication of the deprotonation of other alcoholic hydroxy groups of the sugar moiety or the formation of mixed hydroxy complexes. ..
- Gyurcsik B. Rescue of the activity of HNH nuclease mutants - towards controlled enzymes for gene therapy. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2016;17:191-7 pubmed..Here we collect the results on the properties of the HNH nucleases that allow for their redesign into enzymes with possible therapeutic applications. ..
- Nemeth E, Balogh R, Borsos K, Czene A, Thulstrup P, Gyurcsik B. Intrinsic protein disorder could be overlooked in cocrystallization conditions: An SRCD case study. Protein Sci. 2016;25:1977-1988 pubmed publisher..The growing evidence on the importance of protein intrinsic disorder thus, demands more extensive complementary experiments in solution phase with the unligated form of the protein of interest. ..
- Tóth E, May N, Rockenbauer A, Peintler G, Gyurcsik B. Exploring the boundaries of direct detection and characterization of labile isomers - a case study of copper(ii)-dipeptide systems. Dalton Trans. 2017;46:8157-8166 pubmed publisher..This study exemplifies the necessity of using temperature dependent multiple methodologies for a reliable description of similar systems for upstream applications. ..