Affiliation: Semmelweis University
- [Siewert-Stein classification of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction]I Szanto
Semmelweis Egyetem, ETK, Sebészeti Klinika, 1389 Budapest, Pf 112 Szabolcs u 35
Magy Seb 54:144-9. 2001..In every patient lymphadenectomy was performed. We suggest the use of this new classification in clinical, gastroenterology--with special regard to the endoscopy--and pathology...
- [Squamous papilloma of the esophagus. Clinical and pathological observations based on 172 papillomas in 155 patients]Imre Szanto
Országos Gyógyintézeti Központ, Sebészeti Osztály, Budapest
Orv Hetil 146:547-52. 2005..The papilloma of the oesophagus is a rare disease. The pathogenesis and biological features of the disorder are not clearly known...
- [Diagnostics and clinical significance of esophageal metastasis of adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction]Imre Szanto
Országos Gyógyintézeti Központ, Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, I Sebészeti Klinika Sebészeti Tanszéki Csoport, Budapest
Orv Hetil 145:99-104. 2004..Eight patients had gastric and esophageal resection/gastrectomy for palliative reason...
- [Significance of endoscopic biopsy and cytology in the diagnosis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma]Imre Szanto
Országos Gyógyintézeti Központ, Budapest 1135, Hungary
Magy Onkol 50:39-41. 2006..The examination of the rinsing fluid of the sampling brush, introduced by us, yielded additional diagnostic information...
- [Intramural esophageal metastasis of diffuse, infiltrative gastric adenocarcinoma]Imre Szanto
Semmelweis Egyetem AOK, Sebészeti Tanszék, 1389 Budapest
Magy Seb 55:385-6. 2002..Preoperative investigations suggested advanced cancer. During the operation an inoperable tumour was found. Authors describe the methods to diagnose oesophageal metastasis...
- Esophageal intramural metastasis from adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junctionI Szanto
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Endoscopy 34:418-20. 2002..All the cardia tumors proved to be well advanced. As well as endoscopic identification of the primary tumor, thorough examination of the proximal part of the esophagus is of great importance...
- [Esophageal implantation metastasis from adenocarcinoma of the cardia]I Szanto
Semmelweis Egyetem Egészségtudományi Kar, Sebészeti Klinika, 1389 Budapest, Pf 112, Szabolcs u 35
Magy Seb 54:393-6. 2001..It is based on the exclusion of other possible tumour dissemination routes. Probably the gastro-esophageal reflux is responsible for the implantation of tumour cells...
- Synchronous multiple glomus tumors of the esophagus and lungAron Altorjay
Department of Surgery, Imre Haynal University of Health Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Hepatogastroenterology 50:687-90. 2003..The earlier diagnosis of carcinoid was reviewed, rejected and glomus tumor was confirmed. Multiple glomus tumors of the above localizations have not been previously described in the literature...
- Significance and prognostic value of lysosomal enzyme activities measured in surgically operated adenocarcinomas of the gastroesophageal junction and squamous cell carcinomas of the lower third of esophagusAron Altorjay
Department of Surgery, Saint George University Teaching Hospital, Seregelyesi u 3, Szekesfehervar, H 8000, Hungary
World J Gastroenterol 11:5751-6. 2005..To establish whether there are fundamental differences in the biochemistries of adenocarcinomas of the gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) and the squamous cell carcinomas of the lower third of the esophagus (LTE)...
- [Causal association between human papilloma virus infection and head and neck and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma]Zoltan Szentirmay
Molekuláris Pathologiai Osztály, Országos Onkológiai Intézet, Budapest, H1122, Hungary
Magy Onkol 46:35-41. 2002..The synergic action of mucosal irritation and HPV infection may be necessary for the development of the papillomas and the specific types of carcinomas in the oral cavity and in the esophagus...